Pick #120 TE Will Dissly

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Bavaro was a baller. If Dissly is anything remotely close, we are in good hands. I just can tell you that he pancakes guys on blocks with regularity.

Own The West

Reaction score
Bavaro was drafted way too high. NY could've got him in the 6th or 7th...

hawknation2018

Reaction score
massari":3hjs1xud said:
hawknation2018":3hjs1xud said:
massari":3hjs1xud said:
hawknation2018":3hjs1xud said:
Nice video on Dissly's blocking:

[youtube]Na0SbCIm0eY[/youtube]
Is there a vid like this with Vannett out there?

Dissly looks determined.

Not a compilation that I can find. There is the usual game tape: http://archive.draftbreakdown.com/players/nick-vannett/

[youtube]11cCvnvNhSc[/youtube]
[youtube]xdpzy2TP6fI[/youtube]
Is he considered a better blocker than Vannett coming out of the draft?

I definitely do.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":10igk14l said:
Fade":10igk14l said:
hawknation2018":10igk14l said:
The beautiful things you can do with a TE, who is also a physical blocker.

Giphy

Those are some pretty nice gifs you have there. :mrgreen:

Dissly stuffs his passrusher, then passes him off to another blocker, then releases out for the pass... heady play, beautiful to watch. All set up by being an overpowering blocker.

Loving this pick!

That play was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, now he'll be passing that guy off to Ifedi who won't even briefly impede the rusher like the dude in the gif.

JPC4Days

Reaction score
Question asked to his TE Coach Jordan Paopao---What is he best equipped to do day one in the NFL?

At the end of the day 4th and 1 running in the ball behind him... it's what he is best equipped to do it is what he takes pleasure in.. unbelievably physical player.. takes pleasure in doing the things other guys may or may not want to do and doing whatever it takes to win. His physicality jumps out as an extension of the offensive line.

Two years at defensive line helped his perspective on how they thought about blocking him.. just scratching the surface on his receiving potential... lined up out wide in high school ...most teams wanted him as a tight end. Big time clutch catches... great catching radius.. big body and surprisingly fast and fluid quite honestly.

it surprised the coaches ...he was as good as he was getting down the field ...but being split out as a receiver in high school probably helped him.

That is basically what his college position coach said about him on KJR... for those of you who didn't listen or read about it... I did my best to capture the main points.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1j3y6ddv said:
So I'm going to double down on the Zach Miller comp. He may actually remind me more of Mark Bavaro, specifically the blocking and breaking tackles. Very powerful player with surprisingly good center of gravity, which gives him the ability to break said tackles and drag people while also lending natural leverage..

I'm also kind of laughing at that comp due to how many are going to have to google Mark Bavaro.

What I thought as well and stated in this or another thread there have been so many lately, He is Physical and Nasty like Bavaro, when he has the ball he delivers punsishment and is so big DB's are afraid to take him head on. His catch skills are way under rated, he has a good feel for space and how to get off the line, he isn't going to run 40 yards to the end zone on plays regularly, but we only need the 10 to 15 for him to be more then a average value on our team. Those are first downs and he is big enough to also be a good target in the redzone, Just don't ask him to dunk and place the ball in his catch window.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2acf653f said:
olyfan63":2acf653f said:
Fade":2acf653f said:
hawknation2018":2acf653f said:
The beautiful things you can do with a TE, who is also a physical blocker.

Giphy

Those are some pretty nice gifs you have there. :mrgreen:

Dissly stuffs his passrusher, then passes him off to another blocker, then releases out for the pass... heady play, beautiful to watch. All set up by being an overpowering blocker.

Loving this pick!

That play was a thing of beauty. Unfortunately, now he'll be passing that guy off to Ifedi who won't even briefly impede the rusher like the dude in the gif.

Yeah, that connection required three full seconds of protection. I doubt it was the play's first intention, or even its third.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know, Montana. If you watch the QB looking left, it moves the entire defensive backfield to cover that side, opening the right for Dissly.

If it was a purposeful first read, it was well executed and even better blocked. If it was a 3rd read, kudos to the O-Coordinator for installing the timing on that outlet, and to the QB for going through his reads well.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Watching Husky clips, I gotta think Gaskin must have loved him some Dissly.

Guessing now he's gonna miss him some Dissly.

toffee

Reaction score
Ifedi better be buying him some lunches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If Dissly becomes a star and a go to receiving threat, can we refer to his potential dominance in space as Russell going to Dissly...land?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":35vn77id said:
If Dissly becomes a star and a go to receiving threat, can we refer to his potential dominance in space as Russell going to Dissly...land?

I second this motion

Jville

Reaction score
At home with the Seahawks

[youtube]f8Lf0ADtiLQ[/youtube]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Great to have a Northwest guy get to stay around home and the mountains. That's a win-win, especially if he's a solid contributor to the team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":34l9xufd said:
hawknation2018":34l9xufd said:
jlwaters1":34l9xufd said:
rjdriver":34l9xufd said:
I’m honestly asking...

How is his game different than Nick Vannett’s? Wasn’t Vannett more known as a blocking TE out of OSU? It will be interesting to see the offensive role our TE’s play this year with the change in personnel.
To play devils advocate.. JS and PC said the exact same things about Vannett.. This year is a big one for him.. But it doesn't hurt to have your 3 TE's all be good blockers.. This guy adds to the competition. I like the pick.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Dissly is a lot more physical than Vannett. Vannett plays like a big receiver and does a nice job screening off defenders at times. Dissly is a human bulldozer, who can also run routes and catch the ball.
That is what I noticed..The guy just does not go down,it is a fight to get him there.
Was just going to say this. The guys yards after contact HAS to be up there.

Latest posts