Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

FinNasty

Reaction score
FinNasty":hxx7s4k6 said:
original poster":hxx7s4k6 said:
SoulfishHawk":hxx7s4k6 said:
Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.

This is something that definitely isn't being taken into consideration enough...

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, bearing in mind she has zero interest in football, however is a psychologist, she was saying the energy he will bring to his teammates will be off the charts.

The whole atmosphere will change when he steps on the field. Seriously.
Not only that... but he’s a guy where players are thinking they’re going hard in practice... and then look over at him and be like what the hell?!?”

First day...

Told you... lol. He’s never been able to afford to not give everything he’s got on every snap he takes in practice, let alone games. It’s how he operates...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/992848129220403200[/tweet]

Pete Carroll trying to hold Quem back like...

5784f610d766420b0fd17a5c82ce3957

Feca122941c560943bf253f175ee4e054676d574 hq

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
FinNasty":1wunqd8r said:
FinNasty":1wunqd8r said:
original poster":1wunqd8r said:
SoulfishHawk":1wunqd8r said:
Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.

This is something that definitely isn't being taken into consideration enough...

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, bearing in mind she has zero interest in football, however is a psychologist, she was saying the energy he will bring to his teammates will be off the charts.

The whole atmosphere will change when he steps on the field. Seriously.
Not only that... but he’s a guy where players are thinking they’re going hard in practice... and then look over at him and be like what the hell?!?”

First day...

Told you... lol. He’s never been able to afford to not give everything he’s got on every snap he takes in practice, let alone games. It’s how he operates...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/992848129220403200[/tweet]

Pete Carroll trying to hold Quem back like...

Feca122941c560943bf253f175ee4e054676d574 hq

One more piece to the puzzle. PC does a great job of getting players who have a chip on their shoulder to perform. He may have found the ultimate player with a chip on his shoulder. I look forward to seeing him in action especially when he gets to put the hurt on Dak and the Cowboys.

FinNasty

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3w1sg24t said:
One more piece to the puzzle. PC does a great job of getting players who have a chip on their shoulder to perform. He may have found the ultimate player with a chip on his shoulder. I look forward to seeing him in action especially when he gets to put the hurt on Dak and the Cowboys.

If you have him spy Dak... he has no chance.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well nice to see there is a intensity level that he is going to set when things get real. With Griff 2.0 you better not go half speed or take a play off or he is going to level you.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been talked about, but is there any sense of the plan for him?

As a fifth round pick it’s not like he needs to be a starter or anything, so he’ll play special teams and backup at Will and maybe Mike too? He doesn’t seem like he’d fit at Sam in the Hawks’ scheme, but maybe they shove him there?

TY

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":orf9c8gp said:
Lighten up Francis, it was a joke. Remember humor? :irishdrinkers:
Humor? yeah, I think I went to school with that guy......what a grouch. :stirthepot:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is a Will.

I thought he could be a Kam replacement, but the more I look at film on him - the more I realize we want him as a Will.

He is also tremendously valuable as a spy. He covers the QB run well and plays the read option about as well as I have seen. Very valuable in a league where the mobile QB is still a difficult option to defend.

Plus he can rush the passer, that is useful regardless.

His effectiveness rate as a pass rusher was better than Davenport. Sure, he played against lesser competition, but so did Davenport.

FinNasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ia80eph said:
He is a Will.

I thought he could be a Kam replacement, but the more I look at film on him - the more I realize we want him as a Will.

He is also tremendously valuable as a spy. He covers the QB run well and plays the read option about as well as I have seen. Very valuable in a league where the mobile QB is still a difficult option to defend.

Plus he can rush the passer, that is useful regardless.

His effectiveness rate as a pass rusher was better than Davenport. Sure, he played against lesser competition, but so did Davenport.

He had the highest pass rush efficiency of any player in the draft...

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphi ... m-griffin/

Player - Pass Rush Efficiency
Shaquem Griffin (UCF) - 21.6%
Brian Womac (RICE) - 21.3%
Marcus Davenport (UTSA) - 20.3%
Jeff Holland (Auburn) - 19.5%
Easy Anyama (Texas State) - 18.1%
Lorenzo Carter (Georgia) - 17.7%
Justin Lawler (Southern Methodist) - 16.8%
Ja’Von Rolland-Jones (Arkansas State) - 16.7%
Arden Key (LSU) - 16.5%
Sam Hubbard (Ohio State) - 16.3%

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ckparrot/status/971768035206991872[/tweet]

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Backup WILL, Occ QB Spy, Special teams destroyer. I'm good with that from a 5th rounder. If he becomes a star, even better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Thanks all.

And yeah, backup Will was what I was assuming, and 100% agreed that doing that and ST is perfectly viable for a 5th round pick. :2thumbs:

sutz

Reaction score
Keem will probably be better served if some of the "celebrity spotlight" based on his physical state fades away.

Let him make his name on the field, just like any player. Frankly, that's probably what he wants. He definitely has killer speed, so any position where he can take advantage of that is where he should be.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
original poster":37yqvj79 said:
It's pretty rare that Kam drops into deep coverage.

There is a clip from the XLVIII Sound FX (I can't find it right now) where Manning and Welker are talking about this, and how Chancellor never drops, but for some reason he did early in the game, and picked off Manning who never expected him to be there

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":s4mmlcen said:
original poster":s4mmlcen said:
It's pretty rare that Kam drops into deep coverage.

There is a clip from the XLVIII Sound FX (I can't find it right now) where Manning and Welker are talking about this, and how Chancellor never drops, but for some reason he did early in the game, and picked off Manning who never expected him to be there

It's also right after the play where Welker has the ball blown out of his grasp by a trailing Kam. Kam then stands over him and saying... I'm not sure, but wish I knew!

It was not a position they expected Kam to be in. That also says something about our Defensive looks in that game. We threw some curve-balls.