Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":34kr5fhz said:
therealjohncarlson":34kr5fhz said:
Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks
We'll refer this to Mr. Chancellor for comment. Note that inertia causes the raindrops to remain in a helmet-shaped pattern as the force of the impact makes Mr. Davis wonder what universe he's in. Also notice no hands were used in this tackle, yet Mr. Davis was most certainly down.

Llor 062617 getty ftrjpg a6ibokjbwvi41og7wvqbgoaqr

They arent raindrops that's Davis' soul leaving his body.

pmedic920

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":250w520h said:
pmedic920":250w520h said:
therealjohncarlson":250w520h said:
Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW

How bout you just go watch 2 minutes of the film that’s available on the kid?

I generally don’t “bust balls” like this, and there is no emotions in my response.

It’s really a stupid question.

Fact is, I really responded with humor because I didn’t think you were being serious.

Really, go watch a little film, there’s tons available,and you’ll answer your own question.

FinNasty

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1nn0dktb said:
pmedic920":1nn0dktb said:
therealjohncarlson":1nn0dktb said:

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW

Watch the video I posted...

[youtube]XvVPdvq6thI[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wow, he just gets it done, period. Seems like quite the leader too. I think he's going to fit in very well here.
With a motor like that, and the fact that he's never quitting on plays, that HAS to rub off on teammates.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anybody that wants to have a discussion about “Handicap”?

I suggest you don’t have it with Shaquem Griffin.

Just my humble opinion.

Edit:

I have no idea if this kid will live up to my hopes/expectations but if he comes close, he easily could land on my top 5 Favorite list.

FinNasty

Reaction score
pmedic920":28up8g5n said:
Anybody that wants to have a discussion about “Handicap”?

I suggest you don’t have it with Shaquem Griffin.

Just my humble opinion.

Edit:

I have no idea if this kid will live up to my hopes/expectations but if he comes close, he easily could land on my top 5 Favorite list.

Ya, that’s not a good idea, lol...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Shaquemgriffin/status/933022236809801729[/tweet]

FinNasty

Reaction score
For those not understanding how he can do some things with only 1 hand... here’s Shaquem wrestling away a fumble from a 2-handed RB in the conference championship game.

nohand.0.gif

He just wants it more than you...

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
FinNasty":2do9uvnb said:
For those not understanding how he can do some things with only 1 hand... here’s Shaquem wrestling away a fumble from a 2-handed RB in the conference championship game.

nohand.0.gif

He just wants it more than you...

After watching some highlights today I noticed he contributed to quite a few forced fumbles. I'm excited to see him in action as a Hawk.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Watched another game of Shaquem before this game. However, the Auburn game really solidified my fandom for him. I watched him because his twin brother plays for us and I am a fan of Shaquille but this Auburn game just really solidified things for me.

So if I was a scout and Shaquem and he didn't have a twin bother on our team I think if I saw all his play I would still be seriously impressed. He reminds me of Chad Brown (love that dude), (the intensity) not the size.

[youtube]RtvdHSsHZXs[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
You rarely grab when you tackle unless it's because you got beat and your trying to hang on, if your in front your squaring up or from the side running thru the tackle, most DB's are the ones who jersey grab anyway, when you wrap a tackle you not grasping you are wrapping your arms around them and using forearms and biceps and your body and or shoulder, last I checked he has all those. Mostly you are driving with your legs once you make contact with your shoulder, the key is angle which he seems to have a very good understanding of. It may take a adjustment period for him to adapt to NFL speed but understanding pursuit angles already he should be able to make that adjustment.

original poster

Reaction score
DY_Seahawk":v22f3l1d said:
Has his roster number been confirmed as 49?

I want to buy his jersey and NFL europe store has it at 49 but I cant see anything 'official'?

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/en ... e-seahawks

Am i missing anything? Last thing I want is to order and then in a few weeks it changes?

NFL Europe will have you covered.

It's #49. The Pro Shop have it at that, Fanatics have it at that and Clint Gresham tweeted that Shaquem is wearing #49 (his old number).

Hoping mine comes tomorrow.