Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2wlv6op5 said:
RolandDeschain":2wlv6op5 said:
Either you're on the side of style over substance when it comes to a multi-million-dollar career, or you're not. I'm not.

And again, this directly affects you how?

1) Who says it does?
2) Who says it has to?
3) Who says one can only voice an opinion on things that directly affect them?

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
He's not a bad pick where you got him. He is definitely a feel good story. He's a great athlete and very fast. I would just worry about how will he tackle with the 1 hand and how will he catch an interception or knock the ball down with 1 hand. All of which is not his fault. Plus I feel really sorry for they guy. Also I feel he has overcome so much and is an incredibly strong person for going through what he has in life.

I'm just saying you can't completely ignore that his lack of hand issue has some kind of impact on his game. But I really wish the best for him and hope he can do well. What he has overcome in life is amazing. I do hope for they guy. I will say that.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Shaquem is a great player! Stop throwing shade at him.

He's exactly the player Seattle should draft.

Seattle needs a player that loves to play and does not take an opportunity for granted.

*Cough cough* Malik McDowell!!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":c3qag96a said:
Shaquem is a great player! Stop throwing shade at him.

He's exactly the player Seattle should draft.

Seattle needs a player that loves to play and does not take an opportunity for granted.

*Cough cough* Malik McDowell!!

Who's throwing shade?

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
FinNasty":2im0fqhk said:
therealjohncarlson":2im0fqhk said:
Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks
...how does a predator catch its prey?

Like a savage. Just watch...

[youtube]XvVPdvq6thI[/youtube]

That's amazing he is able to intercept the ball, pick up fumbles rolling around on the ground and strip and cause fumbles with that one arm. He is pretty remarkable. Maybe he is just used to the 1 hand and has learned how to compensate for it all his life and all his playing days.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Don't know why people are complaining about this pick. Shaquem Griffin is a fifth round pick, a round where you generally find flawed players, or players with question marks.

On the field Griffin offers enormous upside. His tackling is very good, and he plays with sound technique. His football instincts are insane, and he can do everything very well. He can pass rush, shed blockers, and he is a natural in pass protection. People talking about his forty time being slow are just BSing. The guy is a rocket out on the field, watch the tape, he looks like earl thomas speed wise.

FinNasty

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":13n1mo6r said:
He's not a bad pick where you got him. He is definitely a feel good story. He's a great athlete and very fast. I would just worry about how will he tackle with the 1 hand and how will he catch an interception or knock the ball down with 1 hand. All of which is not his fault. Plus I feel really sorry for they guy. Also I feel he has overcome so much and is an incredibly strong person for going through what he has in life.

I'm just saying you can't completely ignore that his lack of hand issue has some kind of impact on his game. But I really wish the best for him and hope he can do well. What he has overcome in life is amazing. I do hope for they guy. I will say that.

FYI... Shaquem has more career INTs, PDs, FR, FF, and TDs than most of the top LB prospects in this draft. And he racked up all of these in only 2 years.

Shaquem Griffin - 2 INTs - 16 PD - 5 FR - 4 FF - 1 TD

Roquan Smith: 0 INTs - 3 PD - 3 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
Harold Landry: 0 INTs - 6 PD - 1 FR - 10 FF - 0 TDs
Tremaine Edmunds: 1 INT - 5 PD - 1 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
Dorance Armstrong Jr.: 0 INTs - 8 PD - 3 FR - 6 FF - 0 TDs
James Hearns: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 2 FR - 9 FF - 0 TDs
Jerome Baker: 0 INTs - 4 PD - 3 FR - 1 FF - 1 TD
Jeff Holland: 0 INTs - 1 PD - 2 FR - 5 FF - 0 TDs
Lorenzo Carter: 0 INTs - 1 PD - 6 FR - 6 FF - 1 TD
Kendall Joseph: 2 INTs - 1 PD - 1 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
Rashaan Evans: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 2 FR - 2 FF - 0 TDs
Malik Jefferson: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 1 FR - 2 FF - 1 TD
Leighton Vander Esch: 3 INTs - 6 PD - 1 FR - 4 FF - 0 TDs

He’s just fine knocking down passes, intercepting balls, recovering fumbles, etc...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So, he can't block passes or pick one off because he has one hand? :roll:
Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do. I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2nqxhqwg said:
1) Who says it does?
2) Who says it has to?
3) Who says one can only voice an opinion on things that directly affect them?

1) People who keep complaining about it ad nauseum and offering anecdotal evidence as "fact".

B - Nobody, but a simple "No" would have sufficed when asked if it does affect one directly. But you've never been one for simplicity, have you?

III : I've never implied, stated, said or otherwise hinted in any type of medium that opinions cannot be voiced. To say that I have, or was, is disingenuous coming from anyone who has had as many conversations with me as you have over the course of our interactions here on .Net.

I'll ask again, does it affect you directly? :twisted:

FinNasty

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3a92cuhv said:
Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do
. I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.

...the thing is though, is that he CAN do those things too, and did them better than most of the other LBs in this draft. 8)

Seymour

Reaction score
FinNasty":1fubjld5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1fubjld5 said:
Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do
. I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.

...the thing is though, is that he CAN do those things too, and did them better than most of the other LBs in this draft. 8)

The eye roll is sarcasm. He agrees with you! :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

Shaquem's 40-time is irrelevant as a 3-down LB.

Love him though.

The next Bam-Bam?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DomeHawk":il4wuk1f said:
Shaquem's 40-time is irrelevant as a 3-down LB.

Love him though.

The next Bam-Bam?

I think we see him in more of a KJ role, WILL LB that can edge rush. Not sure how much Shaquem will play in every down plays, but I already have him as our special teams MVP. I think he'll be an absolute beast on special teams.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pmedic920":3l9397ow said:
therealjohncarlson":3l9397ow said:
Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3m7b69sz said:
pmedic920":3m7b69sz said:
therealjohncarlson":3m7b69sz said:

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW

Multiple people have posted videos showing how Shaqueam tackles. Now you're just being obtuse and/or trolling.

He hits, he rolls the ball carrier like Pete and now every other coach teaches rugby style tackling tecniques, and he wraps up.

There you go. Mystery solved.