Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

TwilightError

Reaction score
He has gotten this far without the hand. This is one tough competitor we got!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3a1eex7k said:
pittpnthrs":3a1eex7k said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

How so? He does fill a need and his tape and combine are great.

He's a tweener that I think will struggle in the NFL. I see him as nothing more than a bonafide special teamer. Just dont feel he'll be an impact player. Hope he proves me wrong, and i'll gladly eat crow if he does. Not feeling it right now though.

TreeRon

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":e8p6awtp said:
vin.couve12":e8p6awtp said:
So what do you think he plays? SLB?

WLB. I would LOVE to see them try to utilize his speed and turn him into a replacement for Kam at SS.

This !

mikeak

Reaction score
1) A kid who’s work ethic and commitment you will not doubt
2) A good player - how good will be see
3) I think he and his brother will motivate and feed of each other
4) we will definitely get a hometown discount when we resign Griffin 1

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":flu05415 said:
pittpnthrs":flu05415 said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

I told you to copy and paste your response.

And I asked you, if we can expect more bad picks going forward?

dadof3

Reaction score
OkieHawk":tq16c2vl said:
pcbball12":tq16c2vl said:
I am now convinced you are either trolling, or have not watched one second of any of these guys. Shaquem's tape is unreal. He is the fastest guy on the field when you watch, it is like watching Earl Thomas play LB. I think he can play SS, OLB and even rush from end in nickel. Dude bends the edge as good as you possibly can. He will also be a special teams animal. Unbelievable pick in the 5th. Add on the person they are getting, and with his brother....this is awesome.

This. A friend of mine who's a Dolphin fan wanted them to pick him up in the 3rd. Shaquem has all the traits to make it big in the NFL even with his handicap. Hell, the drummer from Def Leppard only has one arm and look how he's done. :twisted:
Terrible drummer. Stoked about Shaq though

edogg23

Reaction score
This pick was a steal in the 5th round. I watched this kid play all year and be wreaked havoc all over the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Love this pick, and not just because of his “story”, love his motor, speed, and football IQ.
He will “ball out” for the Hawks!

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
dadof3":1eya3pac said:
Terrible drummer.

Lars Ulrich is a worse drummer than Rick Allen. My point was that motivated people overcome physical handicaps and excel. :irishdrinkers:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Love the pick, and not just for the story. I live in central FL right now and people down here rave about this kid.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Alot of boo hooing in these threads. I think the draft has been decent so far.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
pcbball12":28vaj1zt said:
pittpnthrs":28vaj1zt said:
I am now convinced you are either trolling, or have not watched one second of any of these guys. Shaquem's tape is unreal. He is the fastest guy on the field when you watch, it is like watching Earl Thomas play LB. I think he can play SS, OLB and even rush from end in nickel. Dude bends the edge as good as you possibly can. He will also be a special teams animal. Unbelievable pick in the 5th. Add on the person they are getting, and with his brother....this is awesome.

The bolded part is my issue. Another jack of all trades guy, but master of none. With as many issues as this team has, I dont think they should be drafting people in which we need to guess where they might play.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I love this pick, and love the spot where they utilized it. My favorite pick so far, I can't wait to see this kid on the field. I just hope that Norton will utilize his athleticism in creative ways.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
xgeoff":1rb3wywi said:
I love this pick, and love the spot where they utilized it. My favorite pick so far, I can't wait to see this kid on the field. I just hope that Norton will utilize his athleticism in creative ways.

And that is what really has me stoked for this pick, his athleticism. Once they start working with him I see him getting much better and being all over the field, in a good way that is.

pcbball12

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1bp0coot said:
pcbball12":1bp0coot said:
pittpnthrs":1bp0coot said:

The bolded part is my issue. Another jack of all trades guy, but master of none. With as many issues as this team has, I dont think they should be drafting people in which we need to guess where they might play.
Thats not what he is though. He played OLB in college. He CAN do all of those things. And isn't just a guy doing any of them, he is dominant. He closes to the ball the way Earl does.

RezHawk

Reaction score
I am a happy camper. This is the only player in this draft that I would have been very disappointed with not getting. It's not about the hand, it's about the heart! Every team needs a heartbeat and MY Seahawks just got the strongest one in the draft. Good job guys!!

MrThortan

Reaction score
I was watching the draft tracker stating the "PICK IS IN" chanting Shaquem Griffen. Then bam! Was a great moment. If he had both hands he would have been drafted way, way higher. Guy can play football. It says a lot about Shaquill as well. They must really love the character of these guys. So glad he is a Seahawk

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Feels good, man.

Will be interesting to see how they use him. ST impact day one for sure.

Highlordb

Reaction score
love this pick...think he will be a fast and can't wait to see him play for us.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/990298947880083456[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/990290932267282432[/tweet]