Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anajimmc":3iz34xkr said:
The only question I have about this pick is the Jersey's. So is it going to be Quill Griffen and Quem Griffen?
Hopefully they just go with the last name.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Rob Rang is probably the person I respect more than anyone else when it comes to draft analysis. He has incredible knowledge and doesn't pander to the national narrative. Whenever he speaks, I listen closely. Doug Farrar and I met up with him in Cheney years ago...Great guy, someone I always root for professionally.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
What a great pick. This has a ton of potential. The Twin D effect. I hope all goes well with this. I have been anticipating it since Quem started making all that noise at the combine.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Watching someone achieve their dream is amazing.

I cried watching that video of him thanking his brother.

After watching that scouting report Samuel Gold did, I had some doubts but if anyone deserves a chance - someone that works that hard and is willing to work that hard deserves one.

And as much as Carroll frustrates me on the field, it is hard not to listen to him and know you would love him if you spent any time with him at all. He is clearly a good guy, even if I don't at all agree with some of his decisions.

I am hopeful that a guy like Shaquem gets to cement himself here. It would be good for the team, a marketing department's dream, and besides that an amazing story to watch play out.

I normally don't get emotionally invested in the success of a draft pick but I really really hope this one works out.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TwistedHusky":zyqjtxq3 said:
I cried watching that video of him thanking his brother.

I blamed it on the dust around my computer. ;)

This pick seriously made my day.

lobohawk

Reaction score
I’ll plead ignorance on what’s the best way to use Shaquem, but wondered if there might be a better role than LB. With his size and speed, could he play Safety? I might be missing something beyond his raw stats.

He’s not as big as Kam, but few safeties are. At the same time he’s used to being in the box against the run. He’s also much faster than Kam.

I know McDougal is filling the role, as we await final word on Kam. Even so, McDougal can play Earl’s spot down the road.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Listen... this dude has a motor. I do not care about his hand situation. Look at his tape and tell me that we are not getting a baller here! I like the pick, I believe WLB will be his best spot and I believe that he can provider coverage for some of these fast slot receivers out there because of his quickness. Yes, I do believe that both Shaquill and Shaquem will play great together. Remember... both him and his brother Shaquill ran the same 40 and I believe that they will be just as competitive on the field with each other just as they were in college.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3bs0ueoq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/990298947880083456[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/990290932267282432[/tweet]
It's gotta be SLB. He can really get to the QB and set an edge. Has the nerves to take one much bigger players with force.

Robert Mathis didn't have an issue on the edge and this kid won't either.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1twtz9ry said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/990313532725125121[/tweet]
Hmmm...not taking advantage of his pass rush ability is odd. He's a Tasmanian devil against OL and then closes with that 4.3 speed. Is what it is though...

Fade

Reaction score
I like him as a Will. He might play some Sam this year, but I fully expect him to be playing KJ's spot come 2019.

He is too fast to not put him at Will. It is also a position where you are put in space more, and your hands aren't needed quite as much to disengage from blocks.

dbmack

Reaction score
jmahon316":3u1qm15h said:
Anajimmc":3u1qm15h said:
The only question I have about this pick is the Jersey's. So is it going to be Quill Griffen and Quem Griffen?

I've literally had that question in my head for the past month or so
In college they had SM Griffen and SL Griffen

pmedic920

Reaction score
Said it in another thread.

I wouldn’t have been mad if they took him @ 120.

Adds so much intangible value.

I see this as a move that helps our guys move past/ close some old wounds.

I’m stoked to watch the Whole draft play out.

I think we “killed it”.

BamKam

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":nhor30tq said:
Blitzer88":nhor30tq said:
pittpnthrs":nhor30tq said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

How so? He does fill a need and his tape and combine are great.

He's a tweener that I think will struggle in the NFL. I see him as nothing more than a bonafide special teamer. Just dont feel he'll be an impact player. Hope he proves me wrong, and i'll gladly eat crow if he does. Not feeling it right now though.

Jesus...

You realize not every pick in the draft is going to turn into an all pro player right? His floor is a great special teams player which is good for a 5th round pick.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
WILL LB is fine, once I get to see him smash people on Special Teams and rush the passer on 3rd down I'm happy.

Agree that this is huge off the field, think he'll be a Team Captain within a couple of seasons.

Latest posts