Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
So happy, that pick absolutely made my day. Both brothers will inspire and motivate each other and bring out the best in each other which can only help our entire defense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":16msrgxq said:
Blitzer88":16msrgxq said:
pittpnthrs":16msrgxq said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

How so? He does fill a need and his tape and combine are great.

He's a tweener that I think will struggle in the NFL. I see him as nothing more than a bonafide special teamer. Just dont feel he'll be an impact player. Hope he proves me wrong, and i'll gladly eat crow if he does. Not feeling it right now though.

You're aware that it was a 5th-round pick, right? Impact players aren't expected here; bonafide special teamers are.

And calling for John Schneider's head over it pretty much removes all doubt that you're just looking for reasons to criticize him.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1lsytvfa said:
dadof3":1lsytvfa said:
Terrible drummer.

Lars Ulrich is a worse drummer than Rick Allen. My point was that motivated people overcome physical handicaps and excel. :irishdrinkers:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I mean, don't tell Def Leppard that guys with handicaps can't drum. And back in the day, I watched Jim Abbott be a very productive starting pitcher for the Angels.

Absolutely right ... and Shaquem Griffin has not just merely dealt with a physical handicap ... he's not merely coped with it ... he's EXCELLED. Hands down. Just look at the numbers and the productivity. I think he's going to come in and surprise a lot of people.

Canhawks

Reaction score
Can't measure the human spirit at the combine.I was skeptical about him also,but after seeing his interview on ESPN after being drafted I am convinced this is a terrific 5th round selection.

Jase

Reaction score
RezHawk":1ua6rqgx said:
I am a happy camper. This is the only player in this draft that I would have been very disappointed with not getting. It's not about the hand, it's about the heart! Every team needs a heartbeat and MY Seahawks just got the strongest one in the draft. Good job guys!!

This guy gets it.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
tacomahawk":24dsrgfn said:
Thrilled about this pick, love his motor, and heart. Those who call this a throwaway pick, NFL Network has been running commercials for the last few days teasing next weeks draft analysis coverage asking “who will win the Shaq Griffin sweepstakes” The kid has it factor all over him.

B-I-N-G-O! Couldn't agree more.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/990301471148204032[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/aggiefanclark/status/990262926593454080[/tweet]

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mgzkrml2 said:
TransGenderHawkFan":mgzkrml2 said:
pittpnthrs":mgzkrml2 said:
Great story, horrible pick. A luxury, niche player. The FO lost me with the last 2 picks. Somebody please get Scot McCloughan on the phone immediately.

I told you to copy and paste your response.

And I asked you, if we can expect more bad picks going forward?

They will all be bad picks

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/990302055381241858[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/990302087547256833[/tweet]

Anajimmc

Reaction score
The only question I have about this pick is the Jersey's. So is it going to be Quill Griffen and Quem Griffen?

jmahon316

Reaction score
Anajimmc":2h2rnw4q said:
The only question I have about this pick is the Jersey's. So is it going to be Quill Griffen and Quem Griffen?

I've literally had that question in my head for the past month or so

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter (who has inexplicably taken a keen interest in the Seahawks in the past year) and I started watching the draft this morning. I was telling her all about Shaquem and how awesome it would be if the Seahawks would select him for all the various reasons (great player, great story, getting to play with his twin in the pros, etc) so with each pick the anticipation would grow greater and greater. We would cringe until the pick was announced and then we sighed relief when his name wasn't announced. When the Seahawks selected the TE, we were like, okay seems like a good pick but what if they don't have a chance now to grab Shaquem?

So the next picks went by and we were starting to act like family members of the kid, lol. Then when it was our turn again (and my daughter noted the selection had her soccer number in it so felt it was a good omen) and as soon as the name Shaquem left Lawyer Milloy's mouth we both erupted with cheers as if we just won the damn Super Bowl LOL!

Who would have ever thought watching the draft in round 5 would ever have been such a fun father-daughter experience?

Go get 'em Shaquem. Damn happy to have you in the family.

Fade

Reaction score
Anytime you draft a future starting player for your defense in the 5th rd. that can run in the 4.3's = epic win.

I thought he would go early in the 4th. If he had another hand he would of gone early in the 2nd, late 1st. Amazing value.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bust ass and be humble. Love this team!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anajimmc":38sjaomb said:
Hopefully they just go with the last name.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Love that the guy will come in with a huge chip on his shoulder like Sherm and Baldwin did when they got here, and prove the doubters wrong!