Pick 154: Olusegun Oluwatimi Center Michigan

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Oluwatimi - 80.4 PFF grade with an 83.0 run-blocking grade in 2022 (almost identical in 2021)

NFL.com rates him as the 4th best athleticism score among centers

I just started watching a couple of videos after the pick (the first time I've looked at him). He looks like a tough, hard-nosed, physical football player.
HE WILL blossom to #1 by the end of NEXT season with the Seahawks, you saw it here first folks.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Ole is just a good center. He doesn't have elite strength or measurables and that's OK.

He has plus athleticism for our zone scheme, good football IQ, and good leadership. He'll be extremely cheap for the next four seasons and that's how we should roll at center.

Rainger

Reaction score
Ole is just a good center. He doesn't have elite strength or measurables and that's OK.

He has plus athleticism for our zone scheme, good football IQ, and good leadership. He'll be extremely cheap for the next four seasons and that's how we should roll at center.
Since you are so knowledgeable about player evaluation please explain if he is "just a good center" how he won both the best center in the country AND best interior lineman???????

AgentDib

Reaction score
Since you are so knowledgeable about player evaluation please explain if he is "just a good center" how he won both the best center in the country AND best interior lineman???????
Because he had good production in a good conference (Big 10). That's a different conversation from both measurables and traits.

To be clear, I'm thrilled to end up with Oluwatimi at #154. I had us taking him a full round earlier (#119) in my February plan.

godawg

Reaction score
Olu might be my favorite pick in this draft. In a position of need, we just picked up a proven leader who is intelligent, hard working and tough as nails. I was very concerned when the two highest rated centers were chosen immediately after we drafted a RB, but I love everything I have read and seen about Olu, my adopted rookie for this season.

seabowl

Reaction score
Olu might be my favorite pick in this draft. In a position of need, we just picked up a proven leader who is intelligent, hard working and tough as nails. I was very concerned when the two highest rated centers were chosen immediately after we drafted a RB, but I love everything I have read and seen about Olu, my adopted rookie for this season.
You can’t go wrong with an offensive lineman whose first and last name start with the letters OL.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Thank you - I actually might print this and tape it next to my monitor. One of the few times I wish I were a mod, as I would have very quickly done the courtesy of updating the titles to the much more useful and helpful format as was done for the two Day 1 picks, and as had diligently been done in prior years. Just weird. Or is there some sort of a technological problem preventing title updates this time around? (Disclaimer: This was not an attempt to be snarky; just think the placeholder titles are lacking and need attention.)

Last edited:

bileever

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea why he was still available in the 5th round? From what I've read he should have gone much higher.
Oluwatimi's stock in the draft fell because of one combine measurable: he has small hands. This from Pro Football Network:

"Let’s address the elephant in Olusegun Oluwatimi‘s profile — or rather, the mouse. Olu has some of the smallest mitts you’ll find in the NFL (8 5/8″), and it doesn’t help that he’s struggled with latching in college."

He's strong and athletic and has size. The comparisons to Blythe are ridiculous. Are the concerns about his hand size legitimate?

BASF

Reaction score
Oluwatimi's stock in the draft fell because of one combine measurable: he has small hands. This from Pro Football Network:

"Let’s address the elephant in Olusegun Oluwatimi‘s profile — or rather, the mouse. Olu has some of the smallest mitts you’ll find in the NFL (8 5/8″), and it doesn’t help that he’s struggled with latching in college."

He's strong and athletic and has size. The comparisons to Blythe are ridiculous. Are the concerns about his hand size legitimate?
I can't find any information about him fumbling any of his snaps, so I doubt the hand thing is a problem.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Guess we should leave the ___ out in every ___ going forward. You know, like the ___ for ___ 2 and 3. Keep it consistent with the ___.

HawksNation

Reaction score
He did win the Rimington award multiple times.

Rimington Trophy-
“The Dave Rimington Trophy is awarded to the player considered to be the best center in college football. Dave Rimington was a center who played at the University of Nebraska from 1979 to 1982.Wikipedia

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
He did win the Rimington award multiple times.

Rimington Trophy-
“The Dave Rimington Trophy is awarded to the player considered to be the best center in college football. Dave Rimington was a center who played at the University of Nebraska from 1979 to 1982.Wikipedia
He won it and was a runner up the previous year.