Pick 237: Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

chris98251

Reaction score
Heard he dropped a lot of weight to do combine to try and get faster, sometimes that doesn't work. He looked slower and too light, close to 200 pounds, he was 218 out of high school from what I heard. From what little I saw, he is quick and a bit Lynch like in his physical game, you don't do that being undersized.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
He's a "determined" runner. No stomping snakes back there, He makes you miss but if that doesn't work, he's going to break your tackle using momentum and legs that are always moving. Add receiver level hands and you have a very versatile weapon.

Mick063

Reaction score
There were 18 running backs taken in the 2023 draft, and Kenny McIntosh was the last one. He was listed in the top 10 by many draft sites before the combine and his pro day, but fell in the rankings over time. Some people however, like Maurice Jones-Drew of the NFL Network listed McIntosh at number 7 on his list of RB prospects even a few days before the draft.

I'm not sure why he fell in the draft, although I assume it was a combination of his slow (4.62) 40 time or his lack of production. He also didn't have the gaudy stats that a lot of the drafted RBs had--he had 859 yards rushing, 505 yards receiving and 12 TDs. He didn't have over 1000 rushing yards as many of the other RBs because he shared time with Daijun Edwards, with McIntosh getting 149 carries and Edwards getting 139.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the pros. 4.62 isn't exactly slow. Emmit Smith ran a 4.7 40, but he had a pretty good career. Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice, at a position where speed is more important, had successful careers with 4.7 speed. (Chris Carson, btw, ran a 4.58 40.) I'm intrigued by his skill set--especially his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.
The difference between Carson at 4.58 and McIntosh 4.62 is .04 seconds. That could easily be attributed to taking your morning dump at 8:00 AM instead of 9:00 AM. Seriously. Ponder a mental image of what .04 seconds of running looks like. Divide one second into 100 pieces and then take four of those. Hell, .04 seconds goes well beyond the margin of error for stopwatch calibration.

In other words, it is beyond ridiculous to discount McIntosh because of his 40-yard dash time. He effectively has Chris Carson speed. Enough said.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
There were 18 running backs taken in the 2023 draft, and Kenny McIntosh was the last one. He was listed in the top 10 by many draft sites before the combine and his pro day, but fell in the rankings over time. Some people however, like Maurice Jones-Drew of the NFL Network listed McIntosh at number 7 on his list of RB prospects even a few days before the draft.

I'm not sure why he fell in the draft, although I assume it was a combination of his slow (4.62) 40 time or his lack of production. He also didn't have the gaudy stats that a lot of the drafted RBs had--he had 859 yards rushing, 505 yards receiving and 12 TDs. He didn't have over 1000 rushing yards as many of the other RBs because he shared time with Daijun Edwards, with McIntosh getting 149 carries and Edwards getting 139.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the pros. 4.62 isn't exactly slow. Emmit Smith ran a 4.7 40, but he had a pretty good career. Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice, at a position where speed is more important, had successful careers with 4.7 speed. (Chris Carson, btw, ran a 4.58 40.) I'm intrigued by his skill set--especially his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.
Great info.

I like the fact he split duty at Georgia. Less wear and tear than many of the
RB coming out of the draft. Anyone remember Maurice Clarrett? He was
A workhorse at Ohio State and was about done by the time he was able to
Go pro.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
The difference between Carson at 4.58 and McIntosh 4.62 is .04 seconds. That could easily be attributed to taking your morning dump at 8:00 AM instead of 9:00 AM. Seriously. Ponder a mental image of what .04 seconds of running looks like. Divide one second into 100 pieces and then take four of those. Hell, .04 seconds goes well beyond the margin of error for stopwatch calibration.

In other words, it is beyond ridiculous to discount McIntosh because of his 40-yard dash time. He effectively has Chris Carson speed. Enough said.
I made a Reddit post saying that he looked much faster than his 4.62 40 time at the combine. Replies included that 4.59 is the average 40 time for RBs (not sure if accurate), and that Spencer Ware also ran exactly 4.62.
Whatever KM’s true time is, all I know is that he regularly left DBs in the dust in the highlights I’ve seen (and the few Georgia games I watched).
Here are the 40 times of all RBs drafted in the first and second rounds between 2006 and last year just for fun:

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score

"He received a four-year, $3.93 million contract with a $90,582 signing bonus."

First draft pick to sign a contract! Let's go!
Nice! Spotrac has it - and a good place to keep tabs on our (and other teams’) picks.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
We have the makings of an ALL WORLD offense w/ Geno + our RB & WR corps! Shane is about to earn tf outta his salary this season and I can't f'ing WAIT!
And they are al going to be just as good as our O Line can make them. Fortunately I have high expectations for our new O Line and am very excited to see the results. I think we're gonna do some rockin n rollin, tough schedule or not.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
Nice! Spotrac has it - and a good place to keep tabs on our (and other teams’) picks.
Looking at ALL picks, I see that Jalen Carter is the only first rounder to sign as of this moment. Looking up at the projected numbers of the top 5 picks vs. what he signed for, dude lost MILLIONS due to poor decisions between January and March.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Looking at ALL picks, I see that Jalen Carter is the only first rounder to sign as of this moment. Looking up at the projected numbers of the top 5 picks vs. what he signed for, dude lost MILLIONS due to poor decisions between January and March.

Choices have consequences, as do some events beyond our control. Sadly, he could have had a different outcome.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
One thing I like about McIntosh is his pass catching ability. One of my favorite RBs of all time was Ricky Watters especially how he was used in San Fran. An open minded OC could have him in the game with no substitutions have him line up in the slot on 1st or 2nd downs as a WR and have single coverage by a LB or SS I would expect that to be a mismatch

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score
One thing I like about McIntosh is his pass catching ability. One of my favorite RBs of all time was Ricky Watters especially how he was used in San Fran. An open minded OC could have him in the game with no substitutions have him line up in the slot on 1st or 2nd downs as a WR and have single coverage by a LB or SS I would expect that to be a mismatch
I had the same thought. He can catch , he has great receiving skills. He's going to be a multi weapon

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
And they are al going to be just as good as our O Line can make them. Fortunately I have high expectations for our new O Line and am very excited to see the results. I think we're gonna do some rockin n rollin, tough schedule or not.
Indeed. I feel like it maybe might take a quarter of the season for everything to gel/click with our oline, and then after that it's OFF TO THE RACES!
🏁🏎️🚤🏇

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
That's what I mean when I say Waldron is about to earn his paycheck! We finally have a full stable of weaponry at his disposal for him to fully utilize the depths of his playbook that we hired him from McVey for.
I'm serious, barring injury "🫰🤜🪵", and everyone playing to at least 90% of their potential, we have some ANIMALS! So many scary packages! 😨😮

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
I've been slacking in my 'Adopt A Rookie' mentorship role. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just keep adding to this existing one.

Speaks very highly of his college coach and says everything here (scheme and mindset) is very similar.

Already has a nickname...The Blueprint.

Just has an infectious positive attitude (my observation, he didn't describe himself in this way) which will fit in very well here.

Learn all this (and more) with his latest rookie interview.

BASF

Reaction score
I've been slacking in my 'Adopt A Rookie' mentorship role. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just keep adding to this existing one.

Speaks very highly of his college coach and says everything here (scheme and mindset) is very similar.

Already has a nickname...The Blueprint.

Just has an infectious positive attitude (my observation, he didn't describe himself in this way) which will fit in very well here.

Learn all this (and more) with his latest rookie interview.

I loved the fact that he was going hard at the camera a couple of times. He seems like a pretty good guy and I am excited that he mentioned the special teams and I am so looking forward to him returning kicks.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Big chip on his shoulder. Spirited and confident dude. If he doesn’t get dinged up we might have another DK gem on the team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He was a 7th round pick--Just like Chris Carson; Nothing to be feeling disrespected about.
I'm pretty darned sure that there are HUNDREDS of UFA's that would have been ecstatic to swap places with him.
Doug Baldwin, & Poona Ford to name just a couple of Seahawks that came in with chips on their shoulders and became some Fan Faves.