Pick 237: Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia

toffee

Reaction score

Love videos like this. Funniest part is if you watch the video of Seahawks FO calling and having a hard time getting a hold of him, it's because this is what is happening in the background. Sounds like he's got some serious potential and fell from his combine, prior to that he was fairly high rated and now has a big time chip on his shoulder.

I saw two parents, and strong support network, this kid would not a trouble maker.

seabowl

Reaction score
Not to rain on anybody’s parade here, but he fumbled five times in the last two years. If he does not get his bowl control under control, he will not last.

Talented back, but you can’t put the ball on the carpet.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Good to know about the drops he's had in college. I bet he gets asked about that during an interview soon, so it'll be interesting to see what he says. Ball control can be way harder in the NFL, with defenders constantly trying to force turnovers. Hope this is largely fixable in McIntosh.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Not to rain on anybody’s parade here, but he fumbled five times in the last two years. If he does not get his bowl control under control, he will not last.

Talented back, but you can’t put the ball on the carpet.
Carson had similar issues, and he was RB1. McIntosh won't get as many touches as Carson did, thus, he won't get as many opportunities to fumble the ball.

bileever

Reaction score
There were 18 running backs taken in the 2023 draft, and Kenny McIntosh was the last one. He was listed in the top 10 by many draft sites before the combine and his pro day, but fell in the rankings over time. Some people however, like Maurice Jones-Drew of the NFL Network listed McIntosh at number 7 on his list of RB prospects even a few days before the draft.

I'm not sure why he fell in the draft, although I assume it was a combination of his slow (4.62) 40 time or his lack of production. He also didn't have the gaudy stats that a lot of the drafted RBs had--he had 859 yards rushing, 505 yards receiving and 12 TDs. He didn't have over 1000 rushing yards as many of the other RBs because he shared time with Daijun Edwards, with McIntosh getting 149 carries and Edwards getting 139.

It will be interesting to see how he does in the pros. 4.62 isn't exactly slow. Emmit Smith ran a 4.7 40, but he had a pretty good career. Larry Fitzgerald and Jerry Rice, at a position where speed is more important, had successful careers with 4.7 speed. (Chris Carson, btw, ran a 4.58 40.) I'm intrigued by his skill set--especially his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I was surprised by the Charbonnet pick but he’s a darn hard runner in the style Pete likes, but had hoped the team would draft McIntosh who I expect will prove Jim Nagy right as he is a darn good RB. I’d be astonished if he fails to make the team.

He was a big part of Georgia’s running attack and is very slippery.

Latest posts