Pick #58 Ethan Pocic, OL, LSU

emurri

Reaction score
nash72":3bke8coh said:
Chapow":3bke8coh said:
nash72":3bke8coh said:
Awuzie just went and he's a ball hawk at the CB position. A freaking Center? This is becoming a nightmare.

The guy that acts like every single thing the Seahawks do is a nightmare thinks our draft is a nightmare. This was as predictable as death and taxes. :yawn:

As of right now the Hawks deserve an F for this draft. Most would agree. Pocic makes no sense what so ever.

And that is what matters? A draft grade before the guy plays a single snap in the NFL? I could care less about draft grades. Lets see what happens in a few years with the guy.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
It's hard to disregard the similarities between Pocic and Britt. Are they letting Britt leave in free agency? Or just repeating what "worked" for them in 2014? Interesting pick to say the least.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
On the positive side, he graded well as a pass blocker, he's very bright, scored high on the wonderlic and at 6'6 he has room to grow into his frame more.

Negatives include he lacks overall power to drive through on run blocking, gets pushed back at times, needs more strength and has struggled in zone blocking.

On balance, seems like the Hawks' annual reach. Quite likely he would've been available late in the 3rd or even later. Hard to believe this guy may have been their #1 OL grade.

nash72

Reaction score
emurri":1w1guadr said:
nash72":1w1guadr said:
Chapow":1w1guadr said:
nash72":1w1guadr said:
Awuzie just went and he's a ball hawk at the CB position. A freaking Center? This is becoming a nightmare.

The guy that acts like every single thing the Seahawks do is a nightmare thinks our draft is a nightmare. This was as predictable as death and taxes. :yawn:

As of right now the Hawks deserve an F for this draft. Most would agree. Pocic makes no sense what so ever.

And that is what matters? A draft grade before the guy plays a single snap in the NFL? I could care less about draft grades. Lets see what happens in a few years with the guy.

A few years? How about trying to win now when we have a talented nucleus and drafting players that will actually help? A few years. Give me a break.

massari

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1m0vd4fb said:
Pocic allowed a lot of pressures for a center and graded poorly overall in pass protection.

2017 C Class Rank
This along with JS/PC/TC draft history of OL's doesn't look good atm.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
nash72":3khawkql said:
Chapow":3khawkql said:
nash72":3khawkql said:

Wait, wait, wait. Most what?

ducks41468

Reaction score
This is just a bizarre pick. Pocic already seems like a completely unremarkable player, and on top of that he plays a position we're already set at, meaning he'll get shuffled around the entire line throughout his time here, limiting his already low ceiling. This pick just seems to have very little likelihood of working out.

And regarding the comments about not re-signing Britt, of course it would be fitting that we don't re-sign the only lineman that Cable actually managed to successfully develop, even if by accident.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Basis4day":2tt2qhwc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/IanFurnessSea/status/858130575781052416[/tweet]
What is this front office thinking?!?!

Tom Cable be like, "I never met the guy, never communicated with him, not even one single time--but let's draft him any way!"

Pete Carroll and Schneider respond, "Sounds good to me! You think he can play all 5 spots on the line? We only need him to be mediocre! Cause if he is, we'll look like geniuses!"

True story!! Lmao!!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
hawknation2017":27jqlmp7 said:
It's hard to disregard the similarities between Pocic and Britt. Are they letting Britt leave in free agency? Or just repeating what "worked" for them in 2014? Interesting pick to say the least.

I'm getting mixed feelings over this pick. I don't think it's a terrible pick at all, and it's a guy who plays positions of need. It's just hard to get worked up over a guy who isn't a superstar, physical stud-like player. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
On the bright side, I think Pocic will be a solid CENTER for us next year if Britt leaves in free agency. As a RG or RT, he will likely have a year like Britt did in '14 and '15.

emurri

Reaction score
nash72":2uj6kfk0 said:
The Saints are crushing this draft.

Yea, because the guy they really wanted at the end of the first was taken out from under them. They were talking to him on the phone when he got another call from the team (49ers) who had just traded into the pick from the Seahawks and selected him. I call that crushing!

Chapow

Reaction score
nash72":17i4ksd7 said:
Chapow":17i4ksd7 said:
nash72":17i4ksd7 said:

You were never going to give this draft anything but an F no matter what they did.

Again, your schtick is as predictable as death and taxes. :yawn:

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
nash72":1yd5miad said:
Chapow":1yd5miad said:
nash72":1yd5miad said:

"As of right now the Hawks deserve an F for this draft. Most would agree. Wilson makes no sense what so ever." - Mel Kiper, 2012

mjwhitay

Reaction score
This place was so much better when this team sucked out loud for decades.

This fan base is gross and entitled and not worthy of a team that wins a playoff game 5 years in a row.

randomation

Reaction score
ivotuk":20hqdf82 said:
Pocic was the top center on our board after earning an 82.5 overall grade in 2016, the best of any SEC interior lineman in the draft.

Pocic did not allow a single sack or hit last season, and was responsible for just two sacks and three hits between 2014 and 2015.

Stats to know: No. 3 grade among Power-5 centers in 2016.

Played 16 snaps at left tackle

44 snaps at right tackle in 2016.

Why the blank are we even bothering with grading centers we actually have a decent center it's the only decent position on the line.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
emurri":17u1ae8j said:
nash72":17u1ae8j said:
The Saints are crushing this draft.

Yea, because the guy they really wanted at the end of the first was taken out from under them. They were talking to him on the phone when he got another call from the team (49ers) who had just traded into the pick from the Seahawks and selected him. I call that crushing!

doh-o.gif

nash72

Reaction score
Chapow":3ne71ita said:
nash72":3ne71ita said:

You were never going to give this draft anything but an F no matter what they did.

Again, your schtick is as predictable as death and taxes. :yawn:

Please enlighten us of how the draft has been so far in your opinion? What do see that gives you an indication they are knocking it out of the park? We need help everywhere on the Oline except the Center position and we draft a Center. Brilliant move. All that after passing on the highest ranked Olinemen in the first 2 rounds. So please explain the excellence of this FO to us.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
nash72":3trmbk2j said:
Chapow":3trmbk2j said:
nash72":3trmbk2j said:

Most agreed that the Hawks deserved an F for their 2012 Draft. I might not be enthused by hearing Ethan Pocic was the selection, nor do I have much confidence in their ability to evaluate O-Line talent, but I've learned that it is out of my control and the team could strike gold at any time. Am I confident? No, but I'm not down on the draft at this point either; Can't be when we're trying to build the trenches. I think the 3rd round is where they will nudge many of the fans away from the ledge.

Lithium

Reaction score
there's a reason we keep drafting offensive lineman... because we cant draft offensive lineman!