Placeholder for Hawks Fans Doing a Dramatic 180 on Kap

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I dislike Kaep as a personality. Human version of a primer gray Pontiac Firebird, complete with fuzzy dice and high school ring hanging from the mirror.

But I like him in a bootleg, shrink the field, flood read offense. He is big, tall, strong arm, which checks the boxes for Elway. Elway is a former QB who can puff up Kaep's easily threatened and deflated ego, which checks the box for Kaep. And Kubiak has elements of Roman to his offense.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":31b27e9m said:
He asked for a response, got the response, then tried to troll the response.

It's the Girls Gone Wild of threads.

:lol:

You know as well as I do that this thread is careening into the ditch I was hoping for.

C'mon man, give me at least a LITTLE credit.

DON'T CURR WATCH UPDATE:

Three teams competing (based on Mike Silver, Marc Sessler @ nfl.com and a Jets beat writer) are: Broncos, Browns, Jets.

They're disagreeing about who's leading right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Scottemojo":pbazatmi said:
I dislike Kaep as a personality. Human version of a primer gray Pontiac Firebird, complete with fuzzy dice and high school ring hanging from the mirror.

But I like him in a bootleg, shrink the field, flood read offense. He is big, tall, strong arm, which checks the boxes for Elway. Elway is a former QB who can puff up Kaep's easily threatened and deflated ego, which checks the box for Kaep. And Kubiak has elements of Roman to his offense.

OK... but what kind of car is that? Subaru Brat with racing seats in the bed?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Uncle Si":t03921re said:
Scottemojo":t03921re said:

OK... but what kind of car is that? Subaru Brat with racing seats in the bed?

More like car with a sign on the back that reads "student driver" doing 5 mph under the speed limit.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3p69ucxy said:
More like car with a sign on the back that reads "student driver" doing 5 mph under the speed limit.

No way.

I was always perturbed by how few people got the connection to Kap doing promo work for Jaguar:

As long as he's traveling in a straight line he's pretty fast, but he breaks down all the time and only impresses people you shouldn't want to impress.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ulj0sss said:
I was always perturbed by how few people got the connection to Kap doing promo work for Jaguar:

As long as he's traveling in a straight line he's pretty fast, but he breaks down all the time and only impresses people you shouldn't want to impress.

this jaguar?

best-short-hair-cuts-for-over-50.jpg

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
in a bold move, the 49ers front office go and get the one offensive mind in chip kelly that could actually squeeze the positive out of kaepernick... but because the same front office repeatedly made kaepernick a scapegoat for last season, he balks at playing for them ever again and requests a trade...

well done 49ers, well done

Giphy

and gj 49ers fans at holding jed york accountable for last seasons success

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah Alex Smith will do well for the Broncos ummm I mean Kaep, get the two confused ya know but expect the same results.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Will say this...

Kaep is going to get essentially a free run to 10 wins the next couple years with that D and noone will try and compare him to Peyton. It might be the best possible scenario for him.

kearly

Reaction score
I told my Broncos friend last month that whether he likes it or not, he should get ready for Kaepernick being his team's next QB. Saw this coming a long ways off.

Kubiak needs a QB with a very strong arm who can run bootlegs well. Of all the QBs that were available, Kaep has by far the best arm and is the best at running a bootleg. Kaep can also spark the running game with his ability to excel in read option and stay healthy. And we know that Kubiak desperately wants to get the run game going.

Kaep isn't a perfect fit, but he was clearly the best fit of all the available QBs. And his contract (after being traded) is far superior to Osweiler's when factoring guaranteed money.

As far as the 49ers regretting it or not, I don't see it that way. Even if the 49ers loved Kaepernick, it doesn't really matter because he hates THEM. He doesn't want to play in SF anymore. Even if Baalke loved Kaep, he'd have his hands tied here. So even if Kaep went on to be a megastar in Denver, I wouldn't blame Baalke for the trade.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ Stop ruining my trainwreck with levelheadedness, Kearl.

No good posts allowed!

;)

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Kaep's a world class athlete with a super punchable face. His press conferences after losses are so depressing I kinda started to feel bad for the guy. If he goes to Denver I'll root for him.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't think Kap fits with Chip's system. Plus, there's too much baggage there anyway. It'd be foolish for SF to not extract value out of him while they can.

As for him turning it around -- maybe. He's competing against himself right now and few QBs recover from that. Richard Sherman put his confidence on the ropes, and AZ delivered the KO with the back-to-back pick-6s early last season. He's looked lost and afraid in every moment since. His mechanics look worse than ever, and he's throwing his deep ball (his one strength) with no swagger whatsoever.

A lot of guys have tools, but once they start swimming in their own mind... Josh Freeman happens. Up hill battle, IMO. But for $12M non-guaranteed in today's QB market? Elway has to take a shot, and pissing off Osweiler could end up being the best thing that ever happened to him. If Kap doesn't work, he can move on fairly easily.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Uncle Si":r0vzxevd said:
Will say this...

Kaep is going to get essentially a free run to 10 wins the next couple years with that D and noone will try and compare him to Peyton. It might be the best possible scenario for him.
Yup. Then, we'll have to put up with Niner fans trying to say he's actually all they said he was. smh

(Popeye, you post during free agent frenzy... of course you're going to get a discussion. It's like starving sharks for a month, then throwing blood into the water. You're most definitely trolling us. :lol: Oh, why not. It gives us an open door to speak rationally about the player and compare possible situations for him moving forward with your guard down a bit since it sounds inevitable he will not be a Niner much longer. I am impressed with the level headed responses of our fine board.)

I'm with pe. Go back and check what I've said all along.

I have never viewed CK as a starting QB on the level of the finer players in the league. I've said that he's an ATH playing QB. (Don't get your panties bunched up, Niner fellas, but my claim from the start was in distinguishing him from RW. So, I'll say it again for sake of clarity about how I view CK and because they came on the scene at the same time and were compared - esp with the two teams going at each other. Russ is a QB who can run. CK is a running ath who has an arm and can throw, so he does an impersonation of a QB.)

Never said he was worthless. The kid has an obvious skillset. But, for the longest time I just had to laugh as CK was getting all the attention when he was carried along with his team. That accusation was made of RW, but it just isn't so. Russ has more than proved me right. Scottemojo has a more thorough breakdown in this thread that I would agree with.

Anyway... moving on. I think it would be a GREAT (not just good) trade for SF to get a 2nd round pick for him. Hope it's not that much. Denver is the best situation for him. Would be the right kind of scenario for him to have the best possible success moving forward. But, it will be interesting to see how he handles it all and how that affects his new team.

McGruff

Reaction score
Popeyejones":jgw1ds2i said:
Looks like a trade is imminent.

Denver and 9ers dealings are heating up, and two other teams are also in play.

Could be done by the end of the day.

9ers reportedly asking for a 2nd rounder.

This is the thread in which Hawks fans can safely switch positions by:

1) Doing a 180 and saying the 9ers are dumb for trading Kap.

2) Doing a 180 and rooting for Kap to do well on the Broncos (which fwiw I think he will) because it will make the 9ers trading him look bad.

This is just a placeholder for now though. No need to get all Mevlevi yet, but get your dervish skirts ready. :th2thumbs:

If they can get a 2nd or even 3rd, they are brilliant. He's not an NFL QB. Never was.

Fade

Reaction score
Kap is going to the best situation possible for him. If he can't hack it in Denver, he can't hack it anywhere.

Denver will spam their zone running game, and ask Kap to play off of it with 1-read boots, and keepers. While only throwing the ball maybe 20-25 times a game.

If he does turn it around, Santa Clara are going to be looking awfully stupid. (The league already knows this though.)
Uhttp3A2F2Fmediariffsy

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3iplfuei said:
I don't think Kap fits with Chip's system. Plus, there's too much baggage there anyway. It'd be foolish for SF to not extract value out of him while they can.

As for him turning it around -- maybe. He's competing against himself right now and few QBs recover from that. Richard Sherman put his confidence on the ropes, and AZ delivered the KO with the back-to-back pick-6s early last season. He's looked lost and afraid in every moment since. His mechanics look worse than ever, and he's throwing his deep ball (his one strength) with no swagger whatsoever.

A lot of guys have tools, but once they start swimming in their own mind... Josh Freeman happens. Up hill battle, IMO. But for $12M non-guaranteed in today's QB market? Elway has to take a shot, and pissing off Osweiler could end up being the best thing that ever happened to him. If Kap doesn't work, he can move on fairly easily.
This. Spot on IMO.

Hawks46

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1rg6fbvt said:
I think he will never be a good qb again. His confidence and mojo are shot. Tough to come back from that.

Have you seen his girlfriend ? She'd give any guy mojo to spare.

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks46":396ap9ub said:
Have you seen his girlfriend ? She'd give any guy mojo to spare.

Aldon Smith strongly disagrees with this statement.