Placeholder for Hawks Fans Doing a Dramatic 180 on Kap

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":10q3jqdk said:
Looks like a trade is imminent.

Denver and 9ers dealings are heating up, and two other teams are also in play.

Could be done by the end of the day.

9ers reportedly asking for a 2nd rounder.

This is the thread in which Hawks fans can safely switch positions by:

1) Doing a 180 and saying the 9ers are dumb for trading Kap.

2) Doing a 180 and rooting for Kap to do well on the Broncos (which fwiw I think he will) because it will make the 9ers trading him look bad.

This is just a placeholder for now though. No need to get all Mevlevi yet, but get your dervish skirts ready. :th2thumbs:
My position on the guy won't change. I don't think he is a very good QB, and a little immature.
The guy is scary good when he takes off on runs, but his passing skills have a lot to be desired. Maybe he'll do better in a different system, but I doubt it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kaep stinks and the league has figured him out. Amazing athlete sure, but you can't teach him to throw an accurate ball. Just ask the Falcons with Michael Vick - arguably the best athlete to ever play the position.

Conversely, I'm pretty confident the Niners won't get it right either.

So put me down for "Kaep won't improve much at all" and "the Niners will select a bust with the compensation they get for him anyway"

drdiags

Reaction score
The guy lead his team to within a redzone conversion of winning a SB. He had them within a tipped endzone pass of going to SB XLVIII. He may not be the iconic QB Ron Jaworski projected and maybe he is broken but he has to be better than Tim Tebow and is more than Sam Bradford.

It is fun to poke the division rival but he wouldn't be the first or last QB that doesn't compare to the magical superstar QB folks think grow on trees. He has lasted longer in the league than some of the overall #1 QB picks throughout history.

But all that said, yep. I knew he was going to be something when he went to Denver, the 9ers are big dummies. He instantly goes from scrub to superstar in my book with this move. :stirthepot: :49ersmall:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/status/708004488288710656[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
I always disliked Kaep not because i thought he was a bad player, but because he was a player with talent on our biggest rival.

And don't forget, he and Lockette are best friends.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3qq8322k said:
Hawks46":3qq8322k said:
Have you seen his girlfriend ? She'd give any guy mojo to spare.

Aldon Smith strongly disagrees with this statement.

LOL.

I'm guessing most here didn't get that joke. :D

Jville

Reaction score
If greed doesn't get in the way of making the deal, I see it as a plus for both teams to move on.

With regards to the 49ers, I continue to maintain that they are a methodical asset management company.

Note that: The above characterization is not intended to be a dig. Just a view from outside of the sphere of 49er influence.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marv, it's so cute when you and Popeye laugh at each other's jokes and finish each other's sentences.

On topic: kaepernick strikes gold with a trade to Denver imo.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1b9wwd77 said:
Popeyejones":1b9wwd77 said:
Looks like a trade is imminent.

Denver and 9ers dealings are heating up, and two other teams are also in play.

Could be done by the end of the day.

9ers reportedly asking for a 2nd rounder.

This is the thread in which Hawks fans can safely switch positions by:

1) Doing a 180 and saying the 9ers are dumb for trading Kap.

2) Doing a 180 and rooting for Kap to do well on the Broncos (which fwiw I think he will) because it will make the 9ers trading him look bad.

This is just a placeholder for now though. No need to get all Mevlevi yet, but get your dervish skirts ready. :th2thumbs:

...I almost just spit up my soda laughing. :D

You'll never lose that figure drinking soda so early.

33f1c600b31ef9cb58f361a79046ebfb

OP
OP
Popeyejones

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":2jzv3pek said:
Marv, it's so cute when you and Popeye laugh at each other's jokes

Nah. I'm 95% hack but that was a strong joke, man, and oddly topical to the thread too.

Think Wilson/Tate/Whatever her name was, but with additional team drama.

BACKSTORY:

Nessa (Kap's GF) was previously Aldon's GF.

In the pre-season or offseason Kap and Aldon got in some type of altercation over this, which, the story goes, was part of the backstory in Aldon starting to drink again, and also turned some of the locker room against Kap (bros before garden spades, and all).

Kap then reacted to people turning against him b/c of this (leading to an altercation with Vernon Davis) by withdrawing from the team entirely; wearing his headphones and eating by himself in the lunch room, not talking to anyone, etc.

Him losing the support of his teammates led to his benching as much as his play did.

So, long story short, the fun way to look at it is that Vernon Davis being shipped off, Aldon Smith being out of the league, and Kaepernick being on the trading block all traces back to Nessa.

As the story goes, in the quick and tragic fall of the once great 49ers, Nessa was the Yoko Ono.

TL;DR It was great friggin joke, although the frog dissection quip obviously applies ("Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process").

SF49r

Reaction score
Screw it let kaepernick go for a 2nd, whoever we get doesn't matter if its a bust or not still gonna be better than kaepernick

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Amazing that Whiner fans have managed to turn their starting QB demanding a trade into an attack on Seahawks fans . . . LOL.

We'll see if a trade actually goes down. I still believe Baalke views trading Kap as akin to negotiating with terrorists.

I am also on record as saying that a motivated Kap would be a good match with Chip Kelly. But I don't think Kap is motivated to stay in Santa Clara. He clearly wants to leave, and the smart choice would be to let him go before the rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.

All in all, this is yet another embarrassing episode for the Whiner organization.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2016":14mfzb87 said:
Amazing that Whiner fans have managed to turn their starting QB demanding a trade into an attack on Seahawks fans . . . LOL.

We'll see if a trade actually goes down. I still believe Baalke views trading Kap as akin to negotiating with terrorists.

I am also on record as saying that a motivated Kap would be a good match with Chip Kelly. But I don't think Kap is motivated to stay in Santa Clara. He clearly wants to leave, and the smart choice would be to let him go before the rotten apple spoils the whole barrel.

All in all, this is yet another embarrassing episode for the Whiner organization.

Absolutely STUNNED by that prognisis. Truly.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1z2ou2su said:
hawknation2016":1z2ou2su said:

You're welcome to rebut it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":3mvh2cz3 said:
Marvin49":3mvh2cz3 said:
hawknation2016":3mvh2cz3 said:

You're welcome to rebut it.

Why bother? Any response will be met with "spin" or a picture of Baghdad Bob.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
He can't respond with substance because he knows I am right. And admitting I am right would cause his head to go "pop."

My position on this has been the same from the beginning if anyone cares to read through my previous posts on the subject.

Maulbert

Reaction score
The arrogance of whiner fans is staggering. My sporting world does not revolve around San Francisco. Kap will end up forgotten, because as a QB, he's not good enough or bad enough to take note.