Play of the Game

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I know it is easy to pick the TD to Baldwin or some other scoring play. But I'll argue another.

I feel the play of the game was the bogus PI call on Thomas which would have and should have been an interception.

Tampa took this field position and turned it into 7 points and from there the crazy snowball effect of the second quarter happened.

Just think...if it is an interception what would have happened...

Just my thoughts...any other ideas...

sutz

Reaction score
I think I'd go with the Tate punt return. Pretty epic, there. That's one for the ages.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Seahawk Mike":9ejx4ara said:
I feel the play of the game was the bogus PI call on Thomas which would have and should have been an interception.

Tampa took this field position and turned it into 7 points and from there the crazy snowball effect of the second quarter happened.

Crazy how one bad call can have such an impact on a game.

I hate Mike Carey so much.

OP
OP
Seahawk Mike

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
sutz":12vg7ncq said:
I think I'd go with the Tate punt return. Pretty epic, there. That's one for the ages.

Very true for the comeback portion of the game...That was an amazing return...made my 2 year old cry from me cheering too loud!!

OrFan

Reaction score
The Tate return, and the oh so serious, pissed off look on his face not only inspired myself, but the team. From that point on in the game you couldn't see our players taking anything lightly. They were all serious, and the looks on their faces showed it. I loved seeing them pissed off and giving it all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":3ulx4u09 said:

This.

Besides, how can the "play of the game" be something negative that didn't help the other team win, or help us win either. #playofthegamefail

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Tate punt return. Even Revis said that play changed all the momentum.

jblaze

Reaction score
Yep, Tate's return was epic. Play of the game. Tate has been money the last few weeks!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
speaking of bad calls, how about the insane personal foul against Earl for "Blow to the head" against the TB WR. It was on a big pass completion he goes low and just so happens to hit the guy in the head. Totally crazy iMO. Where is he suppose to hit the guy? Not at all.

The Tate return was tremendous. I'm loving me some Golden Tate.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Largent80":3c0iffmt said:
Easily the Tate runback, that was gorgeous.

Agree with this, that return was fantastic.

Also, on the Earl bogus PI, his second foot landed out of bounds so it probably wouldn't have been an int anyways, but still just a terrible terrible call that gave the Bucs great field position.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2akhdg6f said:
speaking of bad calls, how about the insane personal foul against Earl for "Blow to the head" against the TB WR. It was on a big pass completion he goes low and just so happens to hit the guy in the head. Totally crazy iMO. Where is he suppose to hit the guy? Not at all.

Happens all the time, one of my biggest annoyances about the NFL right now. Defenders target the receivers in the torso, but the receivers know the hit is coming, so they turtle up and lower themselves, curl up, end up getting hit in the head by their own fault.

Defender did everything they could to hit legally. Drives me crazy.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3689c112 said:
jlwaters1":3689c112 said:

Happens all the time, one of my biggest annoyances about the NFL right now. Defenders target the receivers in the torso, but the receivers know the hit is coming, so they turtle up and lower themselves, curl up, end up getting hit in the head by their own fault.

Defender did everything they could to hit legally. Drives me crazy.

This is now a revenue source $5k for this hit, $10k for that hit. Gotta fund the settlement kitty for all those future law suits somehow...

drdiags

Reaction score
The Barron INT was a huge play. That helped the Bucs get on a roll and our shoddy run D didn't help either.