Playoff DVD/Blu-Ray Up for Pre-Order at Amazon

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":29dejouu said:
Is there any special features? It doesn't say there is.

The Seahawks beating the Niners in the NFC Championship game is pretty special....or maybe that's just me

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":32qlio7t said:
kidhawk":32qlio7t said:
$10 is $10 for those with patience
Waiting like two years to save $10 isn't patience, it's being a skinflint not worthy of owning this masterpiece in the first place.

If you have to wait a year for it to drop $10, you probably shouldn't be spending $35 on something as "trivial" as a DVD in the first place.

Rainger

Reaction score
Just bought it. Who gives a hoot about the cost. 64$ over 38 years is nothing. (yes that is what it cost me to get it to Canada)

I am upset because I forgot to use the .NET link to support. Don't want to order it again don't know what to do to give .net credit.

lsheldon

Reaction score
It isn't going to be released until June 14th. Still plenty of time, I'm going to wait.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
They will have plenty of these at Costco for cheaper.

Greenhell

Reaction score
I love this description,

"All the great moments from the Seahawks unforgettable playoff journey are here
the tense victory over the Saints, the thrilling last-second finish vs. the 49ers,
and the complete dismantling of the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII."

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I'll wait closer to the release date before ordering. My guess it'll drop in price before then. Or as someone else mentioned be available for even cheaper at Costco. I bought the Super Bowl Championship Blu Rays on pre order only to see them sitting in Costco shelves on release date for like $10 less than I pre-ordered them for.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2uk4ua57 said:
Yeah I'll wait closer to the release date before ordering. My guess it'll drop in price before then. Or as someone else mentioned be available for even cheaper at Costco. I bought the Super Bowl Championship Blu Rays on pre order only to see them sitting in Costco shelves on release date for like $10 less than I pre-ordered them for.
Where did you pre-order it from? It was $2.50 cheaper at Costco than on the day they went live on Amazon. Practically spend the $2.50 on gas just going to Costco to pick up the cheaper copy, lol.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":xo21q9z3 said:
Is there any special features? It doesn't say there is.

I was wondering the same TW, would be nice if they broke it down a bit more as to it's actual contents.

The first review posted says it has our 3 postseason games in their entirety. And since it's run time is 400 minutes, over 6.5 hours, I would venture to say that's true. The games are likely a bit of a condensed version. Like the replays on NFLN ...

But it also says there's 2 discs in the details but the editorial says 3 discs so that contradiction leaves me doubting anything that's said there, lol

EDITED: 2 disc Blu-Ray / 3 disc DVD ... my bad

Escamillo

Reaction score
I already bought these games at Xbox Video, but I still might get this just to have it as an addition to my Super Bowl souvenirs collection. :)
Also, my understanding is that bluray 1080p video is of higher quality than the 1080p vids from online places like Xbox Video and iTunes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Escamillo":2958na2d said:
I already bought these games at Xbox Video, but I still might get this just to have it as an addition to my Super Bowl souvenirs collection. :)
Also, my understanding is that bluray 1080p video is of higher quality than the 1080p vids from online places like Xbox Video and iTunes.
Nobody offers downloads at the quality level typically seen on Blu-ray discs as of yet, or even comes close, really. One double-layer Blu-ray disc is 50GB of data. As an example, the maximum quality that Netflix broadcasts at is about 2.8GB per hour for full HD content, and 4.7GB per hour for full 3D HD content.

What codec and settings are used to encode the video matter a fair degree as well, so you can't just measure by file size, but Blu-ray is rather incomparable right now when discussing the quality of that versus legitimately purchased video content.

Rather ironically, you can illegally download many movies and TV shows in better quality than you can legally buy them in digital format with...The MPAA and friends really are a bunch of...Yeah, can't say it outside the shack, but you get my drift.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
According to anonymous source these will be 29.99 at Costco, available. On 6/10 although they are trying to bump that date up a week. Just sayin.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
You guys are seriously complaining about the cost? What the heck is wrong with you? Sounding like a bunch of dumpster diving cheapskates.

This is Seahawks legend we're talking about. The ability to re-live the best postseason we are likely to ever see, over and over again.

Stay home from the bar once or twice. Back off the fast food for a week. Cancel your exotic meats and cheeses of the month club subscription. It's not that hard to save up $50.

Go Hawks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SeaTown81":1aue3fuz said:
You guys are seriously complaining about the cost? What the heck is wrong with you? Sounding like a bunch of dumpster diving cheapskates.

THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYIN'! High five, broseph.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Any chance they dubbed Raible and Moon over the video footage? I doubt it...