Please keep Beast Mode

jammerhawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2a0qwk78 said:
Honestly we should cut him and Graham, 20 million in cap space can literally get the best playmaker in football or 2 of the top 10

Most football folks think Lynch and Graham are two of the top ten.

Graham isn't going anywhere soon, and Lynch will likely be here until his contract is up. Neither are going to be cut, or traded.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
lobohawk":iapxsdo0 said:
Silver Hawk":iapxsdo0 said:
Whatever the injury actually is with Lynch, we do know, with 100% certainty, it is NOT, repeat, NOT, a ruptured spleen.

Spleens are actually located in the upper left part of your torso (nowhere near the groin or typical sports hernia area) and are protected by the rib cage. People die from ruptured spleens. You also don't staple spleens to anything.

Yup. My son ruptured his spleen. You don't repair them. You hope they heal on their own or take them out. They are like bags of jello, so nothing to staple or sew together.

Lynch had sports hernia surgery.

I have a relative who just had hers removed. A splenectomy.

Boycie

Reaction score
silverandgold":2894qhqi said:
Look, I know that Lynch's inactive cuz of an injury. But it is not a leg or head injury, it's an abdominal one. He has a ruptured spleen and that once it is fixed with surgery, he can play football again at a elite level. I mean look at adrian peterson, he's 30 yet he can kick some dirt! and 29 is not an age where you're too old to play sports, it's the perfect age that you are still fresh and strong to be athletic. When he reaches his mid-late 30's, then yeah he's too old. But if Marshawn didn't had stomach injury, he would be playing excellent this year. Look at brady, he's 38 yet he's doing well. I think people overemphasized the 30th birthday of an athlete when being 30 isn't that old, even 34 is pretty young enough to do well in sports. The most youngest person that doesn't live in his parents house or college is 26-30ish. Please don't replace him with Rawls, as amazing Rawls was, if he gets injured as well cuz he's not a beast like MSL we're screwed. Rawls is like Alexander, not bulky enough to crash through defenses but swift and agile to elude them. But Alexander can easily be knocked off a defenseman with the whiff of a wrist and that I know that Rawls can't stay good forever. The more publicity he gets, the more defenses of other teams get to know his techniques and he gonna get sacked and tackled more often after that. God forbid he get's an injury like Shaun Alexander did. :cry: Injuries are only serious if they are affecting your limbs or your cerebrum. Other types like stomach injury are season ending, not career ending. Please don't give away Marshawn, there's still potential. Just wait until his stomach is fine and then he's back at his feet!

QBs have a longer expiration date than RBs. The way that Lynch has played over the years is the reason why he won't be effective for much longer. I love the guy, but I think that he may call it quits himself after the season is done.

RiverDog

Reaction score
lobohawk":2x9uh4y0 said:
Silver Hawk":2x9uh4y0 said:
Whatever the injury actually is with Lynch, we do know, with 100% certainty, it is NOT, repeat, NOT, a ruptured spleen.

Spleens are actually located in the upper left part of your torso (nowhere near the groin or typical sports hernia area) and are protected by the rib cage. People die from ruptured spleens. You also don't staple spleens to anything.

Yup. My son ruptured his spleen. You don't repair them. You hope they heal on their own or take them out. They are like bags of jello, so nothing to staple or sew together.

Lynch had sports hernia surgery.

I'm glad you guys cleared that up as I was going to say something.

I've had an inguinal hernia, which is essentially the same as a sports hernia, repaired several years ago, when I was in my late 50's. It was a piece of cake, didn't even involve an overnight stay in a hospital, in and out in less than 4 hours. I was back to work in less than 2 weeks. Hernias are not all one and the same, but my suspicion is that this one will cause Beast zero issues, at least not long term. Of a bigger concern is his advancing age as he's getting close to that time when running back's carriages turn into pumpkins.

We have our heir apparent at running back, so we are not under any pressure whatsoever to bring Beast back. If the money thing works and he wants to play for us, then fine. But he won't be holding out like he did in the past as his hand is not nearly as strong prior to the arrival of Thomas Rawls.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Rob12":7nt1yu48 said:
TheRealDTM":7nt1yu48 said:
Honestly we should cut him and Graham, 20 million in cap space can literally get the best playmaker in football or 2 of the top 10

We don't need playmakers. We need an offensive line. This unit has improved and that's great and all, but this FO needs to find a way to make it much better.

I'm kind of done with this FO trying to bring in offensive skill players. Attack the actual needs on this team and pump real resources into it.

I kind of with you on this. We haven't had a really good Oline in a long time. I'd like to see focus on that #1 and then linebackers and Dline next.

Cartire

Reaction score
Lynch is an all time great Seahawk. But his days are numbered. Its just part of life. I dont expect to see him here next year on his current salary. And I dont think he'll take a paycut. Hes probably retiring after this year anyway.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":29ucveu1 said:
IMO....Lynch deserves a place in the Ring of Honor.

I agree. And as fast as many here are ready to move on to Rawls I would like Lynch to stay on for at least one more year. If we have the option I think a slow transition to Rawls would be preferable.

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":rx21zh9y said:
Bigpumpkin":rx21zh9y said:

I agree. And as fast as many here are ready to move on to Rawls I would like Lynch to stay on for at least one more year. If we have the option I think a slow transition to Rawls would be preferable.

Hes already transitioning right now, this year. How much longer do you want a RB to transition for? This isnt a QB sitting behind an strong starter.

If Lynch was to come back, I would almost want to use him as a 3rd down back, ala Fred Jackson type role. But it would have to be for way cheaper. At this point, Lynch is not $9m better then Rawls. Not even close.

Seymour

Reaction score
Beastmode had an awesome run here in Seattle. But all good things must come to and end, and Rawls is showing the way of the future. Find some RB depth and competition and save that $$ for Oline and a decent #2 DB.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cartire":3728zhbu said:
seahawkfreak":3728zhbu said:
Bigpumpkin":3728zhbu said:

Hes already transitioning right now, this year. How much longer do you want a RB to transition for? This isnt a QB sitting behind an strong starter.

If Lynch was to come back, I would almost want to use him as a 3rd down back, ala Fred Jackson type role. But it would have to be for way cheaper. At this point, Lynch is not $9m better then Rawls. Not even close.

Coaches do have ways of vetting on who starts. Tavares Jackson made more than Wilson for a couple years so your Rawls Lynch comparison is really irrelevant. I'm ok with Rawls starting but Lynch has value to the team even with less playing time.
We also have no real sufficient backup plan if Rawls ever got hurt.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3k2zjna7 said:

And until Rawls Lynch had no real backup, so what's your point exactly?

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1c5b8nud said:
Cartire":1c5b8nud said:
seahawkfreak":1c5b8nud said:
Bigpumpkin":1c5b8nud said:

Coaches do have ways of vetting on who starts. Tavares Jackson made more than Wilson for a couple years so your Rawls Lynch comparison is really irrelevant. I'm ok with Rawls starting but Lynch has value to the team even with less playing time.

T-Jax was never making $9 million. Sorry, but thats a huge difference. My points still stands. $9 million vs $1.5 (TJax) is not irrelevant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think it's time to say goodbye to "Beast".I really hate saying that because I've always praised what he has done as a Hawk.There isn't another like him and never will be.As above posted all good things come to an end.I hope we make the playoffs and Beast gives us a few more memories in his swan song but that body has just endured so many hits,I won't get my hopes up.He will be in Canton,Ring of Honor,raise the 12 and always be a Hawk!

gabel

Reaction score
We all love Lynch but he has multiple different injuries this year. It appears his body is breaking down the same way Alexander's did in 2006. He is getting top dollar and will have to either take a pay cut or be cut. This would be a harder choice if not for his overly tough past salary negotiations which I feel will work against him.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
I think ML will tell the FO when he's done. Next year or two for sure.
But you KNOW he wants to keep the Beast rolling, so he'll offer his best
tutelage to Rawls to continue the tradition.

Go Hawks!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Cartire":3ep3e1xb said:
T-Jax was never making $9 million. Sorry, but thats a huge difference. My points still stands. $9 million vs $1.5 (TJax) is not irrelevant.

Ok so T Jack was 1.5 million dollars better than Wilson? Your comparing a veterans contract to a rookie. Anyone we sign at running back will probably make more money than Rawls. Is Fred Jackson better than Rawls? Your not being specific because you can't. You have know idea how much more Lynch should make or you would like him to make than Rawls. You want Lynch cut or your probably hoping he just quits.

I'll simplify my view. I don't think Lynch should be cut and I hope he comes back next year.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
gabel":20r0es94 said:
We all love Lynch but he has multiple different injuries this year. It appears his body is breaking down the same way Alexander's did in 2006. He is getting top dollar and will have to either take a pay cut or be cut. This would be a harder choice if not for his overly tough past salary negotiations which I feel will work against him.

Lynched has played hurt for years. Alexander broke his foot and was never the same. Nothing against SA but he's not in Lynch's toughness world.