Police search Ray McDonalds home, part of rape investigation

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1784qw9k said:
pehawk":1784qw9k said:
Sorry, I don't understand the whole ignore thing. I cant imagine being that thinned-skinned or taking this so seriously. I cant relate, at all, it seems beyond reality. Using ignore is equivalent to being a grown man scared of the dark, IMO. That's the best analogy.

Remember how you spent a couple weeks going on rants about (your perception that) 9ers fans here just post about the 9ers?

In this forum ENGLISH never posts about any other teams, barely even posts about the 9ers, and almost exclusively just posts about Marvin.

FWIW if I had someone here with as little football interest and as undying of an obsession with me I'd just put them on ignore too.

Really?

I didn't even know that.

I just decided it had never been worth my time to read anything he ever posted so decided to make my life simpler.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":f69xw5tz said:
RolandDeschain":f69xw5tz said:
pehawk":f69xw5tz said:
Huh? That's not germane to the conversation, at all.

At least this isn't really a post about football, so you can participate.
You said you don't understand the whole ignore thing. I pointed out why you wouldn't. I was responding to your "not germane to the conversation" point, not creating one out of nowhere.

Putting someone on ignore is for attention? What are you talking about?

I think what he's saying Pe is that you don't put peeps on ignore because you don't care about negative attention.

Its a shot at me, not you. :D

homerun1970

Reaction score
Let's face it even if he didn't do it the man is putting himself in some unreal situations with what he has to lose. His judgment is bad, character is easily questioned at this point as well.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":37rb8jvs said:
I think what he's saying Pe is that you don't put peeps on ignore because you don't care about negative attention.

It's actually a shot at Pe, not you at all. I'm saying he can't comprehend how a lot of people react to large amounts of negative attention over a long period of time because, unlike most people, he thrives on that which is why he posts the way he does.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2rr3flm4 said:
Marvin49":2rr3flm4 said:

It's actually a shot at Pe, not you at all. I'm saying he can't comprehend how a lot of people react to large amounts of negative attention over a long period of time because, unlike most people, he thrives on that which is why he posts the way he does.

ah.

No worries. :D

pehawk

Reaction score
Whatever negative attention I create is the readers own interpretation of things. I'm a teddy bear.

I nailed my impression of you, Marvin. And, ENGLISH is quite adept at the draft. On his site he'll throw in a few crazy mocks with trades for us rubes.

Roland just likes to shoehorn random comments in threads to get attention. Be it Al Gore, slavery, unions, grammar, apple, pehawk, he'll create a soapbox. Sad when you really think about it.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":49de7vmw said:
One of my favorite Ryan facts, is that he has NEVER called the cops at any point in his life, and he's witnessed like....3 rapes? Is that right, Pehawk?
Ryan can't call the cops when he gave silent concent.

pehawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wpycifl1 said:
Marvin49":wpycifl1 said:

Create a football post that doesn't use stats as an outline, then talk.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":1r6fqvmw said:
Whatever negative attention I create is the readers own interpretation of things. I'm a teddy bear.

I nailed my impression of you, Marvin. And, ENGLISH, is quite adept at the draft. On his site he'll throw in a few crazy mocks with trades for us rubes.

Roland just likes to shoehorn random comments in threads to get attention. Be it Al Gore, slavery, unions, grammar, apple, pehawk, he'll create a soapbox. Sad when you really think about it.

Which is why my post on the subject and your "impression" are so similar.

wait...wha?

pehawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":8up78ifn said:
One of my favorite Ryan facts, is that he has NEVER called the cops at any point in his life, and he's witnessed like....3 rapes? Is that right, Pehawk?

Well, it's actually 4 now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well that's awkward...

Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc · 10m10 minutes ago
Obviously, Mrs. McDonald was not there when these allegations occurred. She's talked to Ray since the search warrant was executed. #49ers

EDIT: OOPS. Thought "Mrs. McDonald" was the wife. Actually his mother. Less awkward.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Grain of salt of course...

Mike Rosenberg ‏@RosenbergMerc · 16m16 minutes ago
Just talked to the mother of #49ers' Ray McDonald: “It’s laughable. It’s not true. Just believe me, there’s no truth to it.”

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Well if you can't take his mom's word at face value, who can you trust?

*SCPD closes case*

Popeyejones

Reaction score
pehawk":2yfjtss4 said:
Popeyejones":2yfjtss4 said:
pehawk":2yfjtss4 said:
Sorry, I don't understand the whole ignore thing. I cant imagine being that thinned-skinned or taking this so seriously. I cant relate, at all, it seems beyond reality. Using ignore is equivalent to being a grown man scared of the dark, IMO. That's the best analogy.

Remember how you spent a couple weeks going on rants about (your perception that) 9ers fans here just post about the 9ers?

In this forum ENGLISH never posts about any other teams, barely even posts about the 9ers, and almost exclusively just posts about Marvin.

FWIW if I had someone here with as little football interest and as undying of an obsession with me I'd just put them on ignore too.

Oh I understand the motives, but it's all just text on the internet. I cant ever imagine caring that much.

I too can't imagine caring enough about some stranger on the Internet to just post about him all the time, or change topics to be about him all the time. Personally I've never been bored enough or obsessive enough to find another person on the Internet that interesting or worthy of singular focus and attention.

Trolls are just desperate for attention from someone, and I have no idea what their motivations are or how they pick their objects of obsession. Putting them on ignore cuts them off at the pass. It's the best way to deal with them, IMO.

IIRC the Hawks fans on the webzone who are looking for good conversation and outside perspective all put the bottom feeders from there on ignore too.

chris98251

Reaction score

Just talked to the mother of #49ers' Ray McDonald: “It’s laughable. It’s not true. Just believe me, there’s no truth to it.”

So you really think that Momma McDonald is going to say , yeah my boy did it, he raped that girl, in fact he may have had seconds, my Ray is a growing boy!

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":m6ifkegf said:

So you really think that Momma McDonald is going to say , yeah my boy did it, he raped that girl, in fact he may have had seconds, my Ray is a growing boy!

Precisely why I said "Grain of salt of course".

Trying to find anything new but all I see is the preliminary report and these quotes from Rays mom.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":1sfpbxaa said:

In bold above for you. ;)

TBF she was correct the last time she spoke out to defend her son, although I doubt anyone anywhere takes defense from a mom as that meaningful.

An interesting variable here is that like the Kap, Patton, Lockette case, the accuser isn't claiming she was sexually assaulted, she's saying she doesn't know if she was sexually assaulted or thinks she might have been sexually assaulted. Not that we should draw any conclusions from that (read that again), but it is definitely a wrinkle.

If anything, even if this isn't true, the frequency with which McDonald's house has been the site of legal trouble involving the team makes me seriously question the cost/benefit of him remaining on the 9ers. Aldon was driving from a night of partying at McDonald's house when he crashed into the tree (down the block), McDonald's birthday party (where the last allegation came from) had clearly gotten out of control to some degree, and now there's this. Who knows if it's true or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if other players were present for this allegation as well. Even if this isn't true this other pattern is something to worry about, IMO. Ray McDonald is in his 30s now. We're not talking about a kid.

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3g0hcgyr said:
pehawk":3g0hcgyr said:
Popeyejones":3g0hcgyr said:
pehawk":3g0hcgyr said:

Oh I understand the motives, but it's all just text on the internet. I cant ever imagine caring that much.

I too can't imagine caring enough about some stranger on the Internet to just post about him all the time, or change topics to be about him all the time. Personally I've never been bored enough or obsessive enough to find another person on the Internet that interesting or worthy of singular focus and attention.

Trolls are just desperate for attention from someone, and I have no idea what their motivations are or how they pick their objects of obsession. Putting them on ignore cuts them off at the pass. It's the best way to deal with them, IMO.

IIRC the Hawks fans on the webzone who are looking for good conversation and outside perspective all put the bottom feeders from there on ignore too.

It also could be friendly ribbing too, ya know? I know in my real and online life, busting balls is a friendly gesture.

On topic; I couldn't care less about what a football player does off the field. I'm grown, I don't need role models. Its also hypocritical to expect men that risk paralysis and brain damage, for my amusement, to be level-headed model citizens.

Oh, and the NFL cant erase 18 years of bad parenting.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1wkklwr9 said:
Where there's smoke, on two occasions no less, there's fire. Seems like this guy might well be very bad news.

Many here used the same idiom with the Kap/Patton/Lockette case, and with the last thing at McDonalds' house.

9ers fans used the same idiom with the nonsense charge against Lynch earlier this year, even leveraging the "multiple occasions" language about his previous legal troubles while doing so.

When we're talking about accusation of the same crime by multiple parties (e.g. Polanski, Cosby, Michael Jackson, Elvis, etc.) I think there's validity to the "smoke" thing, but when that's not the case, I think it gets thrown around a bit too liberally. Obviously just my 2 cents, though.