Police search Ray McDonalds home, part of rape investigation

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Maulbert":1ye3k62z said:
Popeyejones":1ye3k62z said:
^^^^ Yep. If anything I'm guessing Kawakami is really annoyed right now, as this puts a monkey wrench in all of his pre-written columns about how idiotic the 9ers were for thinking they could succeed with Harbaugh, and how idiotic the Raiders are for thinking their problems could be solved by Harbaugh. The two-fer of trolling both teams and their fanbases at once had to have had him salivating. Knowing Kawakami he'll do it anyway, but stuff like this probably weakens his likelihood of getting national talking head spots while doing so.

Because clearly Kawakami is the biggest issue here. He's such a monster. I bet he's responsible for McDonald's behavior.

Thanks for the policing.

I take it the biggest issue you're referring to is if someone was sexually assaulted or not? If so, see my first post in this thread. If it's another issue see all of my other proceeding posts in this thread.

What ever would we do without you?

Maybe we could take the OP's lead and make the "real issue" about Marvin? :lol:

rideaducati

Reaction score
hoxrox":noogshrz said:
hawknation2014":noogshrz said:
KitsapGuy":noogshrz said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/545315465577635840[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/545315554597163008[/tweet]

No, listen to Marvin . . . he's a victim of circumstances! A victim of circumstances!

I guess the due process argument is no longer convenient

They ran out of suites to give away to district attorneys.

Laloosh

Reaction score
All the Niner fans on Twitter whining about due process is hilarious. Pretty obvious that they're willing to do something now that their season is over.

rlkats

Reaction score
Should have happened along time ago. Good riddance you pos.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WOW...went to lunch and all hell broke loose. LOL.

Says a lot that they cut ties this quickly...either they think he's guilty or just got fed up with dealing with it.

EDIT: Looks like Baalke found out at 10:15 and McDonald was released 45 min later.

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":pkih1lj9 said:

Says a lot that they cut ties this quickly...either they think he's guilty or just got fed up with dealing with it.

Almost busted for not beating the crap out of his old lady now cut for not sexual assaulting a woman.

If it walks and quacks like a duck its a duck. The dude is a pike of crap.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
rideaducati":pzi5sy4a said:
hoxrox":pzi5sy4a said:
hawknation2014":pzi5sy4a said:
KitsapGuy":pzi5sy4a said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/545315465577635840[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/545315554597163008[/tweet]

No, listen to Marvin . . . he's a victim of circumstances! A victim of circumstances!

I guess the due process argument is no longer convenient

They ran out of suites to give away to district attorneys.
Niner games aren't the most appealing bribes nowadays.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":crwvxeq6 said:
All the Niner fans on Twitter whining about due process is hilarious. Pretty obvious that they're willing to do something now that their season is over.

I don't think it has anything to do with season being over because he'd still be on the team had this not happened.

I don't know specifics but if they were so willing to look so bad in the media before the season even started to defend his "due process" and this time cut him in 45 minutes it speaks volumes to them...

1) Possibly thinking he's guilty
2) Possibly having issued a warning that ANY further scrapes with the law would result in immediate release.

I tend to think it's the latter since I doubt he came in and said, "yup, I did it". 45 min is nowhere near enough time to discern guilt/innocence.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":3ov23laj said:
Marvin49":3ov23laj said:

Almost busted for not beating the crap out of his old lady now cut for not sexual assaulting a woman.

Just weird. You have to be a special kind of stupid to do something like this to begin with (assuming guilt here), let alone RIGHT AFTER you just got yourself out of trouble in another incident.

Just read that Jed had a talk with the entire team about getting in trouble TWO WEEKS AGO.

Jeez.

No idea what happened that night, but wow.

Maulbert

Reaction score
rlkats":1509mbrt said:
Marvin49":1509mbrt said:

Is that a fish made of poop?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2j09trht said:
Laloosh":2j09trht said:

I don't think it has anything to do with season being over because he'd still be on the team had this not happened.

I don't know specifics but if they were so willing to look so bad in the media before the season even started to defend his "due process" and this time cut him in 45 minutes it speaks volumes to them...

2) Possibly having issued a warning that ANY further scrapes with the law would result in immediate release.

I tend to think it's the latter since I doubt he came in and said, "yup, I did it". 45 min nowhere near enough time to discern guilt/innocence.

Marv, everyone outside of the Bay Area probably sees it differently than you do (including myself).

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":ezdf838j said:
[
Just read that Jed had a talk with the entire team about getting in trouble TWO WEEKS AGO.

Ah, didn't know that. It definitely helps to explain the swiftness of the response.

The org was ultimately vindicated in their defense of him the last time (going off the details of the SJPD report), but it's not like they emerged unscathed from it.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1n9g7o37 said:
g that ANY further scrapes with the law would result in immediate release.

I tend to think it's the latter since I doubt he came in and said, "yup, I did it". 45 min nowhere near enough time to discern guilt/innocence.

I have to think that the team got some kind of damning information in that 45 minutes. There are various ways of coming out and admitting guilt, such as Adrian Peterson's "What's the big deal?" approach. Maybe McDonald did come out and admit that she was impaired or passed out during their encounter. Or maybe he said something like "She was asking for it, we were drunk, why else would she be alone with me, etc." and other types of victim-blaming that rapists and their defenders tend to say.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":2hyqf3da said:
Marvin49":2hyqf3da said:
Laloosh":2hyqf3da said:

Marv, everyone outside of the Bay Area probably sees it differently than you do (including myself).

Probably.

Kinda funny tho...damned if you do damned if you don't.

If they stuck by him now they'd be crushed. They release him and will get crushed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Congrats are in order. The non-desire by the Bay Area police force when it came to prosecuting criminals because they wear blood and gold colors has directly led to a rape.

At least the Niners got to wait for all the facts to come in.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1glcxp7d said:
Congrats are in order. The non-desire by the Bay Area police force when it came to prosecuting criminals because they wear blood and gold colors has directly led to a rape.

...here we go again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marvin49":1tm42xnl said:
Sarlacc83":1tm42xnl said:

...here we go again.

What are Ray McDonald's words before committing another crime.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":gsat32pv said:
Laloosh":gsat32pv said:
Marvin49":gsat32pv said:
Laloosh":gsat32pv said:

Probably.

Kinda funny tho...damned if you do damned if you don't.

If they stuck by him now they'd be crushed. They release him and will get crushed.

Should have happened when he put hands on his pregnant girlfriend. Period. Stating that a pattern of poor decisions was the last nail in the coffin while they continue to employ Smith is an unbelievably ironic thing. Do you disagree?

Marvin49

Reaction score
Trent Baalke:

Here are some key quotes from general manager Trent Baalke’s media session in announcing McDonald’s release:

“After the recent allegations concerning Ray McDonald, we as an organization have notified him and his agent that he will be terminated, released effective immediately”

”While this organization has a strong belief in due process and has demonstrated that over time, Ray has demonstrated a pattern of poor decision making that has led to multiple distractions that really can no longer be tolerated.”

“This isn’t about one incident, this is about a pattern. If this was one incident, we’d be standing up here talking about due process like we have multiple times.”

“This is just a pattern of decision making that Ray has demonstrated over a period time that is no longer going to be tolerated.”

“Ray and I had multiple conversations since the latest allegations and put together some criteria we felt he needed to do in order to stay in good standing, and with these latest allegations it was just one more situation that we just weren’t willing to deal with anymore.”

”We’re a big part of this community and we expect a lot from our players For the most part they live up to those expectations and in certain instances they don’t, and when they don’t you try to deal with it and help them the best you can.”

“Sometimes we have been judged to maybe give them too much leeway. I think that’s a little bit harsh but at the same time I understand that.”

“This is a situation we can all learn from.”

“The expectations here are no different than they have been in the past.”

Regarding a TMZ report about McDonald and Brandon Lloyd breaking up an argument at a Menlo Park hotel two weeks ago late at night:

“We were aware of that incident, we certainly took a look at that. That was more than stepping in, defending in that situation. It all adds up, I’ll leave it at that.”

Did you talk to the league office in making this move? “We’ve had no conversations with the league office concerning that.”

“No communication other than (notifying the league of the transaction).

“This is a team decision, this is not a league decision.”

“This isn’t about guilt or innocence in this specific situation, because we do believe in due process. This is about a pattern of poor decision making.”

McDonald was “extremely disappointed. For the most part he has been a tremendous asset to this organization and this community.

He has made some poor decisions, he’s aware of that and this is a case of being accountable for these poor decisions.”

The bolded are what stuck out to me. Sounds like they had agreements in place about not getting in trouble and he got in trouble again.