Poll: After two years at two positions, what is Britt?

What position is Britt better suited for

• Guard

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • Tackle

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2016":3uh7m82j said:
Wherever he is needed. If they fail to sign Okung or another starter quality free agent tackle, then they will need Britt back at RT.

Britt could be successful at either guard or tackle, but he just hasn't put it all together yet. This is a critical 3rd year for his development; one that will likely see him playing a familiar position.

Hopefully the development angle comes to fruition. I'm tired of the just-good-enough-on-occasion play from this guy. It has been a trend.

Fade

Reaction score
backup up. If he is starting next year, bad things are going to happen.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawknation2016":282030ua said:
Wherever he is needed. If they fail to sign Okung or another starter quality free agent tackle, then they will need Britt back at RT.

Britt could be successful at either guard or tackle, but he just hasn't put it all together yet. This is a critical 3rd year for his development; one that will likely see him playing a familiar position.

Finally a voice of reason. I'm glad a lot of you guys aren't GM's.

You don't draft a guy, play him for a year, then decide he's worthless and get rid of him. If this were the case: Tate would've been gone, Chancellor would've been gone, Maxwell would never have had a good season for us, Lane would've been gone before we knew what we had.......do I need to keep going ? Hell Lynch's first year here was unspectacular.

So honestly, when has Britt had a real chance ? He had one year at RT, which like Kearly mentioned, Britt played in a spread in college so he needed an adjustment period. On top of that, he was one of the top run blocking Tackles in the league his rookie year. Then he got moved to Guard, which he hadn't even played in college.

So after all this, he's Garbage ? Really ? How many teams have cut their Tackles after an unimpressive rookie season ? I mean straight cut them. You're not going to find a lot, especially in the top half of the draft.

If anything, I think we see him slide to RT if Cable deems Gilliam ready for LT. It's all iffy, but I honestly think Britt is suited better for Tackle with his length and athleticism.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I believe Britt is starter caliber... 3rd season will be huge for him. On one of our best lines in 2005, our RG was Chris Gray who was solid. I have to think Britt has that ceiling at the least. Waaaaay too soon to give up

Largent80

Reaction score
Considering he made a huge switch from T to G and opposite sides in his second year he did alright. Sure everyone would like to see the next Hutch but Britt isn't even close.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
He's a NFL backup. Just hope it isn't with us next season. In other words he's trash.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1m0j2x9c said:
kearly":1m0j2x9c said:
This is a very challenging offseason for PC/JS with regards to the OL. I honestly don't have a clue about what they should do. There is no obvious plan that falls into place. Every plan I think up that's realistic has issues and risks.

No doubt John and Pete are losing sleep over this dilemma. They have pulled their hair out over the entire past season observing the play of our OL.

I disagree 100%. Pete and John still have amazing hair.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I really thought things were starting to click for him at G, but holy CRAP, he really struggles in pass pro. I hope that can be fixed, because he certainly has all the tools.

mrt144

Reaction score
Largent80":88yn8aky said:
Considering he made a huge switch from T to G and opposite sides in his second year he did alright. Sure everyone would like to see the next Hutch but Britt isn't even close.

I would like to see the next Carp, at least. That's how bad he is. Making me long for Carp. How dare he.