Poll: Comfort level with 2 minutes remaining?

When do you feel more comfortable?

• Offense down by 6

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • Defence up by 2

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
When it comes down to the wire I am far more comfortable being down a TD with the offense on the field in close games.

Even back in the LOB days I have hated the way watching the 'bend don't break/give them the underneath' defence makes me feel, especially up on a team by only 1 or 2.

I'd rather the D be super aggressive to stop anything short and let them beat you with a big one and give the ball back to Wilson.

Great win though, my heart just needs the 10 days recovery.

Maulbert

Reaction score
That's a loaded question. It's easy to interpret that having no confidence in the defense is the reason I'd feel better being down by 6, when in reality, it's because I have nothing but faith in #3. Russ is special.

Chapow

Reaction score
Maulbert":2alvpcf6 said:
That's a loaded question. It's easy to interpret that having no confidence in the defense is the reason I'd feel better being down by 6, when in reality, it's because I have nothing but faith in #3. Russ is special.

It's both for me. I have the utmost faith in Russ, but at this point I have very little confidence that the D is going to get a stop with 2 minutes remaining.

FTR, I don't really consider the other team missing a 44 yard FG as our D getting a stop.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Change that up on defense from a 2 to 4 and it would be a tougher call. Still leaning to Russ down by 6 though. Pete's defense has always been better suited for that situation.

xray

Reaction score
With 2 minutes left I really go get a bong hit & feel comfortable right away . :0190l:

Ruminator

Reaction score
It would be about a tie 3 to 5 years ago, but the answer is easily offense down by 6 today.

Latest posts