Poll of when you think Rawls will first play in an NFL game.

How long till Rawls is in an NFL game?

• Preseason game.

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • First Regular season game.

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Before the week 8 game.

Votes: 22 22.9%
  • After the week 8.

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Post regular season game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next season.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Largent80

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2gcie8gt said:
FWIW I don't think they draft three RBs if they were 100% confident he'd be back and ready to roar in Week 1.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if he was in there Week 1, just as I wouldn't be surprised if he started the year on the PUP and didn't come back until Week 8.

The same goes for Graham.

June and July are the months of unmitigated success stories, nailed picks, turned around careers, and sky-high expectations. It's impossible to separate the truth from the BS, and for every team 90% of it is BS.

Pretty much the way I feel. They invested pretty well in the draft at RB for a reason other than the Beast's retirement.

Largent80

Reaction score
Drafting Prosise in the 3rd round should say a lot. Look for him to be running over and through 49ers very soon.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1z25uvtp said:
He didn't dance around the question. He was asked if Rawls and Graham would be ready for week 1 and his answer was "Absolutely".

I've listened to his coach speak since he came here and he would never answer a question that directly if he wanted to give himself wiggle room later on.

Very good point. Unless an unforseen setback occurs, I think they will both be back week one. The people in the media keep trying to look at Victor cruise as an example as what to expect from Jimmy's injury. In my mind that is ridiculous. Adrian Peterson proved you never know what to expect. 2000 yds months after an acl tear, that is crazy. Jimmy could come back and have zero drop off, who knows. He doesn't have injury history really, so anything is possible. I still have really high hopes for him on this team. He seems to have bought into this team as well.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":1pc3ypgd said:
Popeyejones":1pc3ypgd said:
FWIW I don't think they draft three RBs if they were 100% confident he'd be back and ready to roar in Week 1.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if he was in there Week 1, just as I wouldn't be surprised if he started the year on the PUP and didn't come back until Week 8.

June and July are the months of unmitigated success stories, nailed picks, turned around careers, and sky-high expectations. It's impossible to separate the truth from the BS, and for every team 90% of it is BS.

Pretty much the way I feel. They invested pretty well in the draft at RB for a reason other than the Beast's retirement.

Depends how you want to look at it. Now, i definitely think they were hedging bets against the Rawls injury by drafting 3 RB, but the RB/FB position needed to be addressed even without Rawls' injury so i don't take it as the only factor.

They need to deal with replacing Lynch and Fred Jackson. At this point Christine Michael can never be considered safe, so they wanted to add competition at that position. Coleman isn't on the team and Tukuafu is un-signed. That's a ton of turnover a the RB/FB position. It remains to be seen if they want a bell cow approach at RB like they had with Lynch, or a more balanced attack like Pete had at USC.

Specifically to Zach Brooks. I think if they liked him they would have had a more difficult time convincing him to sign as an UDFA based on the number of RB taken. By drafting him they control him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":b9bijtgz said:
Pete said Rawls will be back for week 1. Do you have something that suggests otherwise?

He's got a track record of being optimistic with this stuff.

I'm not worried if it takes Rawls a while longer; we've got some intriguing backup talent at RB to try out, and the ability to lead with the pass if necessary.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
2nd and 3rd preseason game to get some live action in. Will start Week 1 against the Fins.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2x6vorc9 said:

Disagree. They needed a backup RB to replace Fred Jackson, enter Prosise.

They wanted a battering ram type to replicate what was lost by Lynch leaving and Turbin being waived the year prior.. enter Alex Collins

They went ahead and picked a guy in the 7th round who they loved that they figured they would have had a slightly difficult time luring over in UDFA given the depth at RB, and who would compete with Christine Michael for one of the remaining spots .. enter Zac Brooks.

I think more than Rawls health, the FO decided they never want to be in the position they were in heading into the playoffs with scarce depth at the RB position.

As for Graham, if there is someone who is going to miss the first few weeks from a lingering injury.. I'd say it's more likely to be him than Thomas Rawls.