Poll: "Surprise pick for which play Seattle should have run"

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Simple. We played to their strength instead of playing to our strength.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We did play to their strength which is what makes the play a choke job. I applaud the homers who try and defend it with clock management arguments and surpise and whatnot, but no one outside this fan base even remotely agrees.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I said to my wife right after Marshawn ran it to the 1 yard line, "hand it to him again". Then right after the stupid slant pass into traffic and congestion, I posted a thread on the Gameday Forum that was titled "Why Didn't They Just Hand The Ball To Marshawn?". As a result, I stand by my criticism of the play call by Darrell Bevell and of Pete Carroll for not overruling the choice in plays.

Mick063

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":q7zk4dg5 said:
MexHawk":q7zk4dg5 said:
I don't have a problem with a pass play in the situation, my problem is with the slant play. It should have been a play that gave Wilson the option to throw away the ball, avoiding the risk. The clock stops and you still have one timeout left to stop it if they don't score on third down.

If Pete choose this particular slant play, then he deserves all the criticism, but I don't think he did, I believe he ordered pass play, but not this specific play, and I think Bevell choose it.

But Alas, this one will take some time to heal.
Wilson had the option of throwing the ball away.

It was a quick timing pass. I don't know if I have ever, ever seen a QB throw the ball away on a quick slant. They basically fire it as soon as they take the snap. The ball was in the right place. The receiver was beaten to the spot by a corner that was well drilled to diagnose the play.

It was a terrible play call.

jackflash50

Reaction score
I was hoping they want I formation with Tuf in the game in front of ML. Try to sneak the FB through while everyone keys on Lynch & Wilson running a read option.
Than Tuf fumbles and everyone says WTF, why would you give it to a converted DL / FB who touched the ball less then 10 times all year.
I honestly didn't mind the play call. If things went right the ball would have been thrown right behind kearse and hit Lock in the #'s. He catches and falls into the endzone. Instead the pass lead him too much and Butler made one hell of a play.
It's over and done with, what could have happened didn't happen so we either sit here & keep bashing the play or saying we should have done this or that or we hope they learned form it and move on. Hope the play did not cause a rift between anyone. Adversity can either tear a team apart or bring it together. just like the Harvin trade. They could have packed it in but they didn't. This team has too many leaders to allow for that to happen.