Poll: Time to Lay Your Cards on the Table

What is the more pressing issue: Coaching, or talent?

• Coaching.

• Talent.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fade

Reaction score
I think everyone knows where I lie at this point. Lol.

86m4r0

But here's a chance for YOU the good poster of .NET to lay your cards on the table and place your vote, Optionally, state which is to blame and why, with a compelling argument to sway folks over to your side.

Let's see where we are at as a community.

I'm very curious to know what the split is.

cymatica

Reaction score
Waldron should be an assistant coach, maybe a passing game coordinator. He should not be calling plays.

Chawker

Reaction score
I'd like to see more of the running game, more draw plays and work the play action passing off of that. Sweeps and screens, just a better mix of plays. This modern NFL offense is so heavily passing oriented its unbelievable, 90 pass plays to like 10 run plays.

But I think that this thread is looking at trying to figure out a escape goat here. All the teams are running this new style of offense, I don't think that anyones to blame, it the nature of the game.

I'd run the ball more and not do the run, run, pass as much. Just do a better job of mixing up the plays.

Atradees

Reaction score
This whole retard show needs to be S canned. There is no way to reinvent it or salvage it. Its hot garbage. Its like the team is running its self and doesnt have a mind behind it. Or maybe next year we could nfl dumpster dive more Frank Clarks Mario Edwards and Leonard williamses

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The way the Niners are firing on all cylinders (granted they just lost Hafunga) they’re going to light Seattle up…

I just hope Seattle can put up a respectable game and not get totally outclassed and utterly embarrassed nationally on a holiday.

I‘m not excited for this game. It may get ugly, fast for Seattle…

it might be a bloodbath and to an extent that might be a good thing for some assistant coaching changes in the off season…

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Give PC & JS an extension. Last year was a massive success. This year is on pace to be a success. If you thought this team was Super Bowl ready, I’m not sure what to tell you and nobody could convince you. I see growth, learning experiences and leadership from our players and coaches. Flame away.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'd like to see more of the running game, more draw plays and work the play action passing off of that. Sweeps and screens, just a better mix of plays. This modern NFL offense is so heavily passing oriented its unbelievable, 90 pass plays to like 10 run plays.

But I think that this thread is looking at trying to figure out a escape goat here. All the teams are running this new style of offense, I don't think that anyones to blame, it the nature of the game.

I'd run the ball more and not do the run, run, pass as much. Just do a better job of mixing up the plays.
Escape goats are the best goats.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Give PC & JS an extension. Last year was a massive success. This year is on pace to be a success. If you thought this team was Super Bowl ready, I’m not sure what to tell you and nobody could convince you. I see growth, learning experiences and leadership from our players and coaches. Flame away.

QB, worse.

Offense, worse.

Defense, bad. (Give it another month and will be worse.)

Where is the growth exactly? They've added more talent to the roster since last season, they are loaded at many position groups, but have gotten worse on the field.

Meanwhile, Sean Payton and the Donkos as merely an example of what I'm trying to illustrate, have gotten better as the season has gone along. Why is that?

That is what makes this so obvious. The team isn't getting better. The same mistakes are being made, the penalties are getting worse (They lead the league, again.) They are regressing in front of our eyes. This is against bad teams. The Ravens were just a preview of what's to come, starting Thursday.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I don’t understand people’s lack of growing a team. Even Alabama in college football hasn’t won the championship in 5 years. Yeah, fire Saban, he’s the problem. It’s hard to win. It’s to the point it’s expected, and that’s a good thing.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
QB, worse.

Offense, worse.

Defense, bad. (Give it another month and will be worse.)

Where is the growth exactly? They've added more talent to the roster since last season, they are loaded at many position groups, but have gotten worse on the field.

Meanwhile, Sean Payton and the Donkos as merely an example of what I'm trying to illustrate, have gotten better as the season has gone along. Why is that?

That is what makes this so obvious. The team isn't getting better. The same mistakes are being made, the penalties are getting worse (They lead the league, again.) They are regressing in front of our eyes. This is against bad teams. The Ravens were just a preview of what's to come, starting Thursda
We have always led the league in penalties. This isn’t new. Really…you want to go Payton? Did you watch the Broncos game today? Absolute shit until a RW floating lob ball that should have been intercepted or at least knocked down.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
But I think that this thread is looking at trying to figure out a escape goat here.

Not the intent at all. Left vague on purpose. Breaking it down to it being a talent, or coaching issue.

Not calling out any coach or player specifically, not calling for anyone to be fired in the poll.

Just an opportunity, to see where people think the issues lie, and what needs to be fixed to get the train back on the tracks.

For myself, I've pointed at coaching. But I honestly was just wanting to know where folks think this issue lies. Having been attacked daily for criticizing our lord and savior. The poll results should be enlightening.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I’m guessing you would be saying fire everyone on the staff.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
We have always led the league in penalties. This isn’t new. Really…you want to go Payton? Did you watch the Broncos game today? Absolute shit until a RW floating lob ball that should have been intercepted or at least knocked down.
I wish Geno could do that.

And I was speaking on the whole team. Their defense was dead last in the league a month ago. They have totally turned it around. They beat the Chiefs, Bills, and a hot Vikings team. And have won 4 in a row. I wish the Seahawks could do that

hedgehawk

Reaction score
To actually answer the question…the coaching staff needs to keep developing the talent. You didn’t have an option for that.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
I don’t understand people’s lack of growing a team. Even Alabama in college football hasn’t won the championship in 5 years. Yeah, fire Saban, he’s the problem. It’s hard to win. It’s to the point it’s expected, and that’s a good thing.
Where is the growth?

Chuckwow

Reaction score
If PC refuses to grab a QB in rd 1 next year, that should definitely be grounds for dismissal. A good one will be there when we pick. That, of course, unless we reopen our trade-down playbook in order to prove that our FO is the smartest and coolest of them all. If that happens we'll just pick mid-round for the rest of all eternity. This is a team loaded with talent. Much of it young. Let's not squander that young talent.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I wish Geno could do that.

And I was speaking on the whole team. Their defense was dead last in the league a month ago. They have totally turned it around. They beat the Chiefs, Bills, and a hot Vikings team. And have won 4 in a row. I wish the Seahawks could do that
And will still miss the playoffs. We have a chance. Would you really praise Geno if he threw the pass Russell did? That was terrible and ended up supremely lucky.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
If PC refuses to grab a QB in rd 1 next year, that should definitely be grounds for dismissal. A good one will be there when we pick. That, of course, unless we reopen our trade-down playbook in order to prove that our FO is the smartest and coolest of them all. If that happens we'll just pick mid-round for the rest of all eternity. This is a team loaded with talent. Much of it young. Let's not squander that young talent.
This is one thing I agree on. They need to be active finding that QBOTF. Geno is fine for now. The defense is building into something good, the O-Line is turning into something good, we have playmakers and a good RB group. I see positive moving forward.