POLL: Was this Lynch's Final Game In a Seahawks Uniform?

Did We Just See Lynch's Final Game In a Seahawks Uniform?

• Yes. He is retiring from the NFL.

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Yes, but he will finish his career with Oakland (or somewhere else).

Votes: 85 51.8%
  • No, he will be back with the Seahawks in 2016.

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters

Rob12

Reaction score
I'm pretty torn on Marshawn, at the moment. I'm not convinced that he's done. I think there's still some in the tank, but with his injury riddled season, he never had a chance to get in sync. And hey, maybe the injuries occurred due to age, but maybe they didn't. Sometimes, running backs just get hurt.

If I felt confident that cutting him would result in this team infusing some capital into the offensive line, I'd be all for it.

I think it's pretty much crap that people here are calling him a bad or difficult teammate. That's never been said or reported by anyone. I think sometimes, people make up their own narratives, without having zero facts to support it. We have no idea what kind of teammate he is. So please, just stop. Or, if you're going to lay the claim, cite a source, or provide a link. I don't think that's too much to ask after you call into question one of the best Seahawks ever, and one who helped turn this franchise around. Let's show a little more respect.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
He's also a better blocker and receiver than CM and Rawls. And as good as Rawls played, we have to factor in who it was against, and were all RB responsibilities covered. However, my gut thinks restructuring is coming this year and he likely won't be a Hawk. But make no mistake, Lynch is a rare, one of a kind factor out there.

Careful what you ask for, you might just get it.

nash72

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":270c4ke6 said:
Rivera could have turned the dogs loose in the second half but didn't for some reason I don't understand. He could have destroyed us for years but he didn't because believe it or not he has class unlike his players. It's weird but true. Marshawn was done last year..

This is exactly right. Carolina played stall ball the entire 2nd half. They didn't need to do anything else with a lead like that. It almost bit them in the butt, but the game ended as it should have. They throttled us in the 1st half. I've never seen this team with that nucleus of players get pushed around like that before. Wilson and a lack of pass rush killed us in the 1st.

Anyways, Lynch needs to go. As weird as it will be to not have him on the team, I just think we are more effective at this point when we don't have the need to feed him the ball. Also, as much as I love the guy, I'm exhausted with all the drama. Its Russells team now. Let him loose while he's still young.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":25hsq7rf said:
CANHawk":25hsq7rf said:
I love Marshawn Lynch.

But he was invisible today just like he was invisible all year up until he got hurt. I think He's done; spirit may be willing, but the flesh is no longer able I think.

Can't help but wonder if it would have been a different game if Marshawn didn't get on the bus... :?
No. Carolina proved that emphatically and without effort. We never showed up and it was embarrassing.

Rivera could have turned the dogs loose in the second half but didn't for some reason I don't understand. He could have destroyed us for years but he didn't because believe it or not he has class unlike his players. It's weird but true. Marshawn was done last year..

That's a load of crap, but you just keep plodding through it all squishy on yer feet.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
nash72":3lwmewym said:
MizzouHawkGal":3lwmewym said:

This is exactly right. Carolina played stall ball the entire 2nd half. They didn't need to do anything else with a lead like that. It almost bit them in the butt, but the game ended as it should have. They throttled us in the 1st half. I've never seen this team with that nucleus of players get pushed around like that before. Wilson and a lack of pass rush killed us in the 1st.

Anyways, Lynch needs to go. As weird as it will be to not have him on the team, I just think we are more effective at this point when we don't have the need to feed him the ball. Also, as much as I love the guy, I'm exhausted with all the drama. Its Russells team now. Let him loose while he's still young.

'Stall ball' like when they decided to blitz and still got beat? Yeah, the comeback was in no part due to halftime adjustments. Don't get all double jointed trying to appear objective.