Poona Ford

Fade

Reaction score
Sac":2qrh0z0q said:
Poona is going to the Pro Bowl this year. Book it.

How many probowls did Mebane make?

Mebane was a beast and one of the best 1Techs in the league, but that type of skill set doesn't get you to the pro-bowl.

Richard Sherman was quoted as saying of Mebane: "He's an incredibly technical player in his movements and everything he does. He's rarely out of position and he's rarely out of the play. You rarely see a defensive tackle running making tackles on the sideline, or [making] tackles on screen plays. He does all that. But once again, he's overlooked because I guess he's not a big sack-total guy. He's just a guy that does his job incredibly well week in and week out."

That is Poona Ford AKA Mini-Mebane.

Last year was incredibly frustrating watching him be inactive so many weeks. Every time he was on the field he performed.

But he has to rack up the sacks to make the pro-bowl. From the 1Tech position that is incredibly hard.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sac":3sm4zuv2 said:

Not just the Pro Bowl, but Poona will wind up in Canton! As I mentioned above...
Sooner rather than later. I hear the buffet is great there.

toffee

Reaction score
olyfan63":1wz4pq4l said:
Sac":1wz4pq4l said:

Not just the Pro Bowl, but Poona will wind up in Canton! As I mentioned above...
Sooner rather than later. I hear the buffet is great there.

This is the Canton for next year, the real Canton would have to wait a bit :)

Canton bistro

cheese22

Reaction score
I love when all the experts completely whiff on a guy. You can pretty much assume it's because of his measurables. But, when a guy is the most outstanding defensive lineman in the Big 12 (?), it's pretty safe to think he's a baller. I loved the signing when it happened and even more now that he's contributing.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Poona is indeed more like Mebane than other DTs that have played for the Hawks or even other teams. Both are odd in that they have those big wings of arms for their height with an outstanding get off for a person of that stature. There is a good future for him.

Not sure why Reed would need to be brought into the discussion. His near direct comp is Tez, and if he can pull off another double digit while also having some consistency, he can be in that conversation. That has to be considered at this point. Double digit sacks from a DT is much more rare than DEs. Reed is a likely cornerstone.

Latest posts