Frank Clark back? YES PLEASE!

RiverDog

Reaction score
Come on Pitt, that was a GREAT deal for the Hawks. And at the Salary he got in KC? No thanks.
I agree that Clark wasn't worth it and that we were wise to trade him, but the problem is that we never replaced his production after he left (didn't we use KC's pick to draft LJ Collier? Ugh.) as our pass rush got much worse, so it's difficult to trumpet it as a great trade.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At the time, excellent trade. What they did with the draft picks really has nothing to do with it is all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind it for the right price and Seattle needs some of what he brings attitude wise but they have zero
Money and not even enough to cover their draft. I’m sure they have a plan but it would be tough

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
No

Unfortunately my mind doesn’t work in that fashion, (limited brain cells to dedicate) I simply remember more than once wishing he was still a Seahawk.
Pretty much pick any defensive play from 2022 and ask yourself, would FC help this defense?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Frank Clark only plays hard in conference title games and Super Bowls.

BASF

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor has better numbers than Clark the last two seasons, including having more sacks over the three seasons, while Taylor was injured for the first season. Sure, Clark finally shows up for two or three games a season when it matters most. But, for a young team, you do not bring in guys who dog it in the regular season as a horrible example for your players.

RiverDog

Reaction score
At the time, excellent trade. What they did with the draft picks really has nothing to do with it is all I'm saying.
By definition, a trade has two sides to it. You can't just look at one side and declare it "good". Otherwise, you could say that a good trade for the Indians to trade Manhattan Island for $24 worth of beads.

Why was the Herschel Walker trade a "great trade"? Because they parlayed the draft picks they received from it into 1 HOF'er and 3 Pro Bowlers, leading them to 3 World Championships. I think that POV is widely recognized.

Last edited:

massari

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor has better numbers than Clark the last two seasons, including having more sacks over the three seasons, while Taylor was injured for the first season. Sure, Clark finally shows up for two or three games a season when it matters most. But, for a young team, you do not bring in guys who dog it in the regular season as a horrible example for your players.
More sacks in the regular season, but Clark had a slightly higher pressure %, slightly higher pass rush win rate while getting doubled at a slightly higher rate than Taylor.

For the right price (Bobby Wagner type deal) I'd sure hope they bring him back with how clutch he is in the big games.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
I’ll pass… if I want someone who disappears frequently in games I’ll go after Clowney again. Prob cheaper too

AgentDib

Reaction score
By definition, a trade has two sides to it. You can't just look at one side and declare it "good". Otherwise, you could say that a good trade for the Indians to trade Manhattan Island for $24 worth of beads.

Why was the Herschel Walker trade a "great trade"? Because they parlayed the draft picks they received from it into 1 HOF'er and 3 Pro Bowlers, leading them to 3 World Championships. I think that POV is widely recognized.
I can't get on board with this logic at all. You are referring to the final outcome, but good outcomes and good decisions are distinct concepts. You can have one without the other, and often do when variability is high as with draft selections.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think we traded Clark and then got Clowney. Seemed like a great deal at the time.