Frank Clark back? YES PLEASE!

BASF

Reaction score
Nuh uh, Darrell Taylor has more sacks therefore he's better!
What happened to you? You used to do research. Taylor has more solo tackles, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, fumbles recovered and sacks in the past two seasons (and again, that is more sacks in two seasons than Clark's three). The only thing that Clark has above him is QB hits. All of that while Taylor is learning how to play in the league and learning a new position since we changed defenses.

I get that people are nostalgic for the past and I get that people see the post season production and they see stars, but the only reason anyone thinks that Clark is a good signing is they don't actually watch Chiefs regular season games to see the guy dog it.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What happened to you? You used to do research. Taylor has more solo tackles, tackles for loss, forced fumbles, fumbles recovered and sacks in the past two seasons (and again, that is more sacks in two seasons than Clark's three). The only thing that Clark has above him is QB hits. All of that while Taylor is learning how to play in the league and learning a new position since we changed defenses.

I get that people are nostalgic for the past and I get that people see the post season production and they see stars, but the only reason anyone thinks that Clark is a good signing is they don't actually watch Chiefs regular season games to see the guy dog it.
You're right. I made that post in a rush yesterday and didn't put much thought into it. I need to do a better job of posting more well thought out arguments going forward.

Taylor only had 3 sacks through the first 10 weeks, and overall played 58 fewer snaps than in 2021. Overall the coaching staff did find a better niche for Taylor down the stretch and he posted 6.5 sacks over the final 6 games.

I wasn't a fan of 2022 Taylor as I felt like he was a liability out there at times early in the season with run gap responsibility. He has a good quick first step in pass rushing situations but overall lacks any true elite pass rush moves and isn't able to disengage once blocked.

Clark had overall better pass rushing moves and was a better run defender in my opinion. I don't know how well Clark would do in this new system here. I'm simply remembering the Clark from his Seattle days.

The eye opening stat for me after doing research as you suggested is that Clark played 717 snaps in 2022, while Taylor only played 485 snaps. With Clark entering his 9th season, it's understandable now why he's still a free agent. Lots of wear and tear on that frame.

I apologize for not better explaining my thoughts when it comes to the Clark vs Taylor comp that I had posted earlier and I appreciate you and the other poster for calling me out on it. I stand corrected .Net deserves better posts from me going forward.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
You're right. I made that post in a rush yesterday and didn't put much thought into it. I need to do a better job of posting more well thought out arguments going forward.

Taylor only had 3 sacks through the first 10 weeks, and overall played 58 fewer snaps than in 2022. Overall the coaching staff did find a better niche for Taylor down the stretch and he posted 6.5 sacks over the final 6 games.

I wasn't a fan of 2022 Taylor as I felt like he was a liability out there at times early in the season with run gap responsibility. He has a good quick first step in pass rushing situations but overall lacks any true elite pass rush moves and isn't able to disengage once blocked.

Clark had overall better pass rushing moves and was a better run defender in my opinion. I don't know how well Clark would do in this new system here. I'm simply remembering the Clark from his Seattle days.

The eye opening stat for me after doing research as you suggested is that Clark played 717 snaps in 2022, while Taylor only played 485 snaps. With Clark entering his 9th season, it's understandable now why he's still a free agent. Lots of wear and tear on that frame.

I apologize for not better explaining my thoughts when it comes to the Clark vs Taylor comp that I had posted earlier and I appreciate you and the other poster for calling me out on it. I stand corrected .Net deserves better posts from me going forward.
Truth is you have been one of the better posters. We all have lackluster posts from time to time. And you are not wrong about Taylor being a liability early. It is the main reason I used him as a comparison. If Taylor was a liability in both seasons and had diminished stats due to not seeing the field as much, why is he so much more productive than this veteran that has more polished moves over a lot more seasons? The answer is lack of effort on Clark's part.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Frank Clark, Bosa, Hargrave, and Armstead.
That would be nice.

massari

Reaction score

Anyone who agrees with this comment didn't do their research....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
John and his cap bros are going to have to do some creative accounting and restructures to find some cap space and cash to sign a few more vets like Clark and Poona.

Sometimes we fixate on the cap too much, but to sign free agents you also need to keep having to put your hand out to ownership for more bonus cash to properly front load these types of contracts.

But bottom line is we still have at LEAST 2-3 more D-line spots to fill. Can't expect that to happen with just the draft.

massari

Reaction score
John and his cap bros are going to have to do some creative accounting and restructures to find some cap space and cash to sign a few more vets like Clark and Poona.

Sometimes we fixate on the cap too much, but to sign free agents you also need to keep having to put your hand out to ownership for more bonus cash to properly front load these types of contracts.

But bottom line is we still have at LEAST 2-3 more D-line spots to fill. Can't expect that to happen with just the draft.
Extending Nwosu, Lockett and Fant would create approx $17M. Poona sounds like he just isn't a fit for this scheme, but A'Shawn Robinson would be perfect and cheap if they're willing to gamble on him staying healthy.

Uyyihyimouimoui ou

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Extending Nwosu, Lockett and Fant would create approx $17M. Poona sounds like he just isn't a fit for this scheme, but A'Shawn Robinson would be perfect and cheap if they're willing to gamble on him staying healthy.

View attachment 58611

Yessir, but you still need what, 10-15 more million of bonus cash to hand out to the new signings.

My point is it's not just cap space, it's also more cash. I know we take that for granted, but we have no idea how strict Jody is with the budget.

Guess we'll find out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
No

Unfortunately my mind doesn’t work in that fashion, (limited brain cells to dedicate) I simply remember more than once wishing he was still a Seahawk.
The Face plant of the #3 clown was absolutely epic for me!
I'm sure it was good for you too.
One of the very few plays Frank had during the regular season.