Positives from this game

dunceface

Reaction score
I think cable is safe because he has worked wonders with our o line and run game during the rebuilding period up to now...I don't think he should necessarily be entirely blamed for the play of a group at 20% considering we have actually faired well through injuries on the o line

it's just simply too many people out right now

amill87

Reaction score
This team has an incredible toughness about it. I think it's fair to say gone are the days where a team comes in and just beats us to the point of them giving up.

That comes from a mentality that is hard to establish. You listen to the players in the post game and you know they believe they can win despite any situation they are in.

Also I think we should look at the oline situation with a bit of reality. The rams have an incredible defensive line, probably the best in the league as a unit. Granted I'd like to see a bit better play but these are two back up tackles playing against two potentially all pro ends on the road in an offense that does not have a ton of quick hitting plays.

I'd love to see us have four starting caliber offensive tackles but its just not realistic. I really don't believe we can put too much of this offensive performance on the oline when I think a lot of it should fall on bevell. I understand the way they want this offense to function, all the short stuff is done by lynch and you open the passing game with play action but bevell has got to adapt to the talent drop off. Expecting to run our same offense with two back up tackles against two pro bowl ends is foolish and stubborn.

With that said, I kinda get why bevell does what he does. It's because this team believes so much in Wilson and the defense. Bevell doesn't have to call plays to win us games, Wilson will do something and so will the defense. I have some weird feeling that if this were the playoffs we would've seen bevell adapt the offense much quicker. Stupid thought I know but it's floating around in my head for some reason

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
bigwrm":yykhas9j said:
mikeak":yykhas9j said:
Tate can turn back and make a great play

Also runs relatively fast while taunting

Also has great field presence so he doesn't step out of bounds

They need to add a 40yd dash while taunting as a new drill at the combine.

The thought of this made me lol.

On topic, the only positive from the game is that Russell somehow isn't injured. Yeh, Bruce was good tonight, and ET's payday increased a bit more, but I'm starting to question the front office for the first time in a while. Bevell didn't use the league's #2 running back against the third worst run defense, and instead seemed intent on getting Russ killed, watching those two qb runs in a row, in the redzone, made me stupider.

Then there's the O-line. Probably the worst all round in the league right now. Sure, we've got two tackles out, but the play can not regress this much. I really see no harm in trying out Bailey, but if they continue to stay as we are, and ignore the run game like we did tonight, then Russell's eventually going to get injured.

Really intrigued to see how we try and fix things against TB, because we got exposed, and though their D-line isn't as talented as the Rams, they'd be stupid not to use similar schemes.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Positives: The game's over. Russell Wilson can't get sacked again until at least Sunday. :)

Irvin looks more and more impressive at LB.

Earl is a minor deity.

Umm...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Winning in St. Louis and Arizona is great for potential tie-breaker positioning. Assuming the team wins both home games vs the Rams and Cards like they should, that means 1 loss in the division at worst if they lose in San Fran. If Arizona somehow pulls off an upset at home of the Niners, that will mean the Hawks will have the tiebreaker even with a loss in San Fran

bestfightstory

Reaction score
We held serve and remain I exclusive possession of the#1 seed in the NFC.

And Earl is Intense.

largenutz

Reaction score
If Rice is hurt, its as good as a time as any, id rather see Percy, Tate n Baldwin. I know we lose his size but maybe they go faster, more gimmicks,screens, 2 rb sets with harvin n Lynch

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Seahawks just played the worst game they have played since 2011, in their 4th road game in the last 5 weeks and STILL won.

Now that is funny stuff right there. All the fans enjoying the Hawks off night and hoping they would get a cheap loss tagged to record? The joke is on YOU. I am talking the Saints, the other NFCW teams and guys like Skip Bayless.

Best game ever. :)

Largent80

Reaction score
The goal line stand. Farwell of all people made the key hit on Richardson, and Earl made a great hit.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1xshw61o said:
The Seahawks just played the worst game they have played since 2011, in their 4th road game in the last 5 weeks and STILL won.

Now that is funny stuff right there. All the fans enjoying the Hawks off night and hoping they would get a cheap loss tagged to record? The joke is on YOU. I am talking the Saints, the other NFCW teams and guys like Skip Bayless.

Best game ever. :)

Wow, I didn't even think of it that way. 4 out of 5 games on the road while missing both tackles for all 5 of those games, and we went 4-1 over that stretch. That's kind of amazing, even if the games have been ugly.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1wtryiuw said:
Wow, I didn't even think of it that way. 4 out of 5 games on the road while missing both tackles for all 5 of those games, and we went 4-1 over that stretch. That's kind of amazing, even if the games have been ugly.

All I was thinking was they just needed to be 6-2 when Harvin returned. I would have taken that considering the OLine injuries. But to be 7-1? Ridiculous.

The other thing is that the Hawks will never play like that again. That was just one of those games. Last year they don't win. Now their schedule is looking very good. By the time they go to SF they will have their entire line back and Percy Harvin who will have a couple games under his belt.

The Hawks took care of business on the road period.

aawolf

Reaction score
I like that this might put us back under-the-radar. All that media love was making me nervous. I like being a semi-underdog. Lets just keep it rolling and win these close games until the playoffs, where we will continue to be underestimated and reek havoc.

Largent80

Reaction score
We may have played poorly BUT we made no mistakes with the ball. And on the road if you make them, you lose.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Seattle continues to win the turnover battle.
Goal line stand that wins the game.
Another victory on the road.
Beat a division opponent.
Player's never gave up, and over came adversity.

I can keep going....this was a ugly game but championship teams can play those and still win. (See NE)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Fairly happy with the defense, even if it was tough to watch. 3 field goals, 2 interceptions and a goal line stand. Yards really don't matter. Points do. Defense did their job.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MysterMatt":qkdhg58g said:
kearly":qkdhg58g said:
Usually you don't get a wake-up call moment while still winning. This game will probably shape the next offseason as much as the Atlanta game did last year.
How? Really, Kip, how? I think this game exposed just how in the sand our heads have been.

The talk about the o-line has been consistent all season. Even against Carolina. The fact of the matter is that it's hard to play well with backup tackles against 2 very good to great DEs. That's a common theme among the struggles this year.

Moreover, once again, 1 game does not define a season. Last year Seattle lost these games; this year, they've won them.

McGruff

Reaction score
One of the things Pete always says is explosive plays win games.

We had three explosive plays. They had none.

AgentDib

Reaction score
As an outcome from this game, nothing can compare with still being in control of the #1 seed and HFA throughout the playoffs. Only one team in the NFC can say that and it cannot get better after week 8 than it being the Seahawks. No matter how disappointed you are in our offense without our tackles, would you pick any team over the Seahawks at CenturyLink?