Possible Seahawk Draft Shockers ?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Largent80":2ql2oqg0 said:
Thanks Attyla, I always like your posts. I was considering Jackson as the slot DB and Lane is probably in his last year here. I'm not so sure the measurables are as important for that position.

PLUS Jackson can run back kicks, even though we have Lockett, what a 1....2 punch they would be.

See Cam Sutton plus checks boxes.

cover-2

Reaction score
My Seahawks draft shocker is Pittsburgh OG Dorian Johnson. Johnson is 6-5 300 lbs, with 35 inch arm length. Johnson played OG in college but he has the length and athleticism to compete at LT or RT. Johnson was the #2 OT coming out of high school and right now he is projected as a 2nd round prospect. I haven't seen him linked to any NFL team visits, so who knows. If the draft board doesn't fall our way, then Johnson is my shocker.

[youtube]lzW04dUbQ00[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though many think of him as a 2nd round pick, I'm starting to think the Hawks are gonna' draft Kevin King in the first round.

Seafan

Reaction score
If a player like Takkarist McKinley or Jarrad Davis falls to #26 the Hawks might shock some people and select him.

This draft has about 20 legit first round picks. If one of those defensive players falls to the Hawks I expect them to take him. If there is a QB there that another team covets the Hawks will have an interesting decision to make.

Last year JS said they had the largest draftable list ever for them. I expect that list to be smaller this year and dominated by defensive players.

A shocker for me would be the Hawks taking an offensive player in round one.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Largent80":xxwl7xq1 said:
Thanks Attyla, I always like your posts. I was considering Jackson as the slot DB and Lane is probably in his last year here. I'm not so sure the measurables are as important for that position.

PLUS Jackson can run back kicks, even though we have Lockett, what a 1....2 punch they would be.
He also is a weapon on offense who can be used on occasion.

I don't know how Adoree will do as a corner. His size may very well limit him—or not. But he has those special qualities Pete talks about finding in guys, so I could see the Hawks potentially taking him.

endzorn

Reaction score
I can't think of anything that would shock me other than RB. I wouldn't even be shocked if they took Mahomes at 26. We can use depth at every position, but having four RBs would make another RB pick seem like a waste.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
kobebryant":1v91e8is said:
JGfromtheNW":1v91e8is said:
I just really hope we don't reach for someone in the first like we did with Bruce Irvin. Dude was a great role player and set the edge really well, but unfortunately never really produced at a first round level IMO.

I think Bruce has shown to be one of the 30 or so best players from that draft.

Agree. Look at that 1st rd and tell me who was available that would've made Irvin look like a bad pick. Chandler Jones is all I can see.

ivotuk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2vjm8tc1 said:
kobebryant":2vjm8tc1 said:
JGfromtheNW":2vjm8tc1 said:
I just really hope we don't reach for someone in the first like we did with Bruce Irvin. Dude was a great role player and set the edge really well, but unfortunately never really produced at a first round level IMO.

Agree. Look at that 1st rd and tell me who was available that would've made Irvin look like a bad pick. Chandler Jones is all I can see.

The guy that Philly traded up to get, forget his name, but a very good DT.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":6ft11m09 said:
EverydayImRusselin":6ft11m09 said:
kobebryant":6ft11m09 said:
JGfromtheNW":6ft11m09 said:

The guy that Philly traded up to get, forget his name, but a very good DT.

Fletcher Cox

I was absolutely smitten with him. And didn't figure he'd fall to us at 12. When he did, I was so ready to hear his name. I was mainly posting on the Blue at that time and posted a pretty epic alcohol infused rant there. And then to get Bruce instead -- I felt not unlike when we drafted Aaron Curry. At that time I felt PCJS didn't have a clue what they were doing.

But I remember liking Bobby Wagner a lot (although liked Mychal Kendricks more). So when we traded down with the exact same team twice. That stung.

Also was really excited for Wilson. I didn't figure we'd go QB that year due to Flynn's signing. So already had it in my head that we weren't going to get him. So when we did draft him, I thought that was awesome.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I think there is a possibility that we could be shocked by whomever they take with the first pick. They have the freedom to take bpa, and I am very interested who that will be after 25 guys are off the board.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I should probably read the thread in case I'm just repeating what someone else has said but I think a wild card in the first round is Corey Davis. He's a complete receiver and our WR while good if healthy, were obviously not healthy. A WR in the first wouldn't shock me.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Don't look now but the Hawks spent a LOT of time checking out this guy at his Pro Day workout.

[youtube]QJsCRbjNW-4[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
Largent80":4bjrycok said:
They also were looking at Tyus Bowser.

He was my favorite for the 2nd round pick but has risen lately and no way he falls that far.

My wife is friends with Tyus Bowser's mother, we go to the same church.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I will be shocked if these happen in order:

1- Hawks DON'T trade their first round pick. How many years in a row now has it been?
2- They select someone in first round that anyone has linked them to. Remember when we scouted the other Rice Tight End, only to draft double L his teammate?

two dog

Reaction score
I certainly expect the Seahawks to trade down from the first. I would like to see TJ Watt either with
the native first or a short trade down. Very unlikely though.

More likely is QB Josh Dobbs with the last 3rd rounder. Gruden's QB camp show made him look
like a viable option.