Possible Seahawk Draft Shockers ?

Rat

Reaction score
austinslater25":17ah39q9 said:
I should probably read the thread in case I'm just repeating what someone else has said but I think a wild card in the first round is Corey Davis. He's a complete receiver and our WR while good if healthy, were obviously not healthy. A WR in the first wouldn't shock me.

Davis is being talked up as a potential top 10 pick. If he somehow falls to #26, his selection shouldn't be shocking.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2ayj2ng8 said:
I am going to say TE David Njoku out of Miami. The interest in Jarrod Cook may speak to their dissatisfaction with where the position group is today (despite the drafting of Vannett last year). He is an elite athlete at the position and if he pans out, could replace Graham once he is ready to move on in 1-2 years.

Side Note: Why would anyone be considered a homer for liking Baker? He is a legit prospect that could fill in at many DB positions, and is consistently viewed as an R2-3 talent.

This one wouldn't shock me either. His ceiling is through the roof and it feels like the type of player Pete and John would covet.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
two dog":2q51f65r said:
I certainly expect the Seahawks to trade down from the first.

gowazzu02":2q51f65r said:
I will be shocked if these happen in order:

1- Hawks DON'T trade their first round pick. How many years in a row now has it been?
2- They select someone in first round that anyone has linked them to.

Actually, I kind of think we're going to move up. Try and get 3 picks in the top 60. Seems there is just too good of talent/value here.

When we've traded back, it's always been marked with the caveat that we have like 12-15 players with first round grades while we're picking in 25-32 overall range. This year, we could see several players that we grade as a first round quality player even lurking around pick 40.

Seattle has moved up when guys we grade highly slip. Whether that's Lockett or Reed or Jefferson. Our moves up generally coincide with players we have graded a half round or better still being on the board.

Would a trade back surprise me? No. But when Schneider says rather bluntly that he doesn't like the depth of this draft compared to last year -- that tells me he's not going to value that extra R4/R5 pick he'll get from trading back. Now we could trade back for 2018 draft picks. But Schneider has been on record as saying he doesn't like dealing for next year's picks. Philosophically, he doesn't like dealing picks when he can't know the value landscape.

So I think both the return of trading back isn't there, as well as the lack of value at staying put or even moving up isn't there. There is a sweet spot in the 25-50 overall range that isn't usually there. And there is a desert of quality after the top 90 that likewise isn't usually there. There will still be guys who blossom in that range. But really it starts to look like the difference between R5 and R8 is almost negligible.

I see us turning our 5 day one and two picks into maybe three.

Ozzy

Reaction score
:vodka:
Rat":2s851b8a said:
austinslater25":2s851b8a said:
I should probably read the thread in case I'm just repeating what someone else has said but I think a wild card in the first round is Corey Davis. He's a complete receiver and our WR while good if healthy, were obviously not healthy. A WR in the first wouldn't shock me.

Davis is being talked up as a potential top 10 pick. If he somehow falls to #26, his selection shouldn't be shocking.

I would be shocked if he went top 10, shocked. I think its more likely he falls out of the first this year with the talent at the other positions. All this to say I've almost just guaranteed a top 10 selection lol.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Shocker: Trade up in the first to get Christian McCaffrey.

Unfortunate that the recent buzz has driven up his price, but even before the new hype he will not fall past Elway's Broncos.

RB/WR/KR - can fill in at each and every position with the recent injuries we have had there, and give more time for two RBs and our KR/WR to fully heal before returning.

If he has half of the discipline and toughness his father had, i want him.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
How about a surprise 7-th round pick: This player isn't listed among the 1000-1200 players on cbssports.com rankings. You have to dig really deep to even uncover information on him, A completely UNRANKED player actually being drafted would indeed be a shocker! ---- And, wouldn't you know it - the Seahawks have meet with him, so he's known by scouts.

---CB-Tyler Williams (UNRANKED), Central Arkansas (in the FCS), 6-001/194, 4.52/40, couldn’t find any other #'s.
2016-Stats: 13-games, 31-tkls, 26-Solo, 2-TFL, *23-PBU*, 4-INT (1 for TD), 1-FF -- This Kid can really cover! Slot=?
(#1 in FCS with 23-PBU, 2.1/per game (the #2 had 13-PBU.2-INT) - NOTE: Seahawks have met with him.

naholmes

Reaction score
Dalvin Cook would be a shocker that looks like it might be possible, especially if Lynch goes to Oakland. I realize that the Seahawks have a ton of talent at RB but I'm not sure that any of them are the long term answer.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
naholmes":r4b5biqd said:
Dalvin Cook would be a shocker that looks like it might be possible, especially if Lynch goes to Oakland. I realize that the Seahawks have a ton of talent at RB but I'm not sure that any of them are the long term answer.
word is that Cook has had some awful meetings and may drop to the tail end of the draft maybe even out of
It. "High risk"

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
Watching the NFL Networks mock last night and finally they got to Seattle and they chose John Ross. I thought immediately that was a terrible pick and I felt let down almost at the time I spent watching to get to that pick. After thinking about it, his explosive game changing ability....it may not be that far out there. I wouldn't be thrilled, but he is Percy without the tude. He's what they have been going for, home run threat at every play...and would be a head scratcher given the other needs. If he's there I would call it a mild shocker. Dave Dameshick caught some flack over it, but it could happen.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Ross is a special player. Not a guy at great need position wise. But definitely a value kind of player.

There are a few guys I really like regardless of position. Ross is one of tham.

Atradees

Reaction score
Catheryn Zeta Jones?
She would would be a great pick.
2070 catherine zeta jones

I'd would be shocked if we picked an offensive lineman. Angry and indignant if we picked an RB or TE.(in the first or early second) We don't need any receivers, TE or RB's. We need DT. CB. QB. S. OL. K.

We can make Obi-wan all pro. Return the boom.

Rat

Reaction score
It'd be a shocker since neither are in the ballpark of what we look for in CB measurables, but I think Adoree Jackson and Jourdan Lewis are going to be phenomenal pros and would love to snag either in the second round.

chris98251

Reaction score
Angry and indignant if we picked an RB or TE.(in the first or early second) We don't need any receivers, TE or RB's

We have bodies at RB, nothing that anyone has done here at the moment indicates they are a ball control back that can wear down a defense, none have shown they can hold up a full season, we were ranked I think 25th in the league In rushing last year. Some of it line play some of it RB play, I am not comfortable without a back that can deal out damage to tacklers and wear them down and that they respect.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I hope Evan Engram keeps being over looked. I wouldn't be surprised or "shocked" if we picked him up if he falls to us, which is actually fairly likely. He's a versatile player that can provide mismatches all over the field.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Gareon Conley in the 3-4

He's been accused of rape, but no charges have been filed. Before the accusations he was being mocked at 11'tomthe saints.