Practice Squad

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":p810isds said:
McGruff":p810isds said:
I am a little surprised not to see Douglas McNeil anywhere on these lists.
Im not.
I guess what surprises McGruff is that they moved his position for a reason and didn't spend much time on that project. I guess it comes down to there being better options at the position moving forward vs. what they were able to see in him during the brief time in pre-season. Coleman and Short sound more promising.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
McNeil is already 27 so he's significantly over-aged for a traditional developmental-type prospect, never mind one who just transitioned to an entirely new position last month. Better to make the initial investment in younger guys like Coleman and Short whom you want to get a feel for, knowing that McNeil can (and likely will) float in and out of the PS over the course of the season as needs dictate.

Also, Robert Thomas was incorrectly labeled a DE. He is in fact a Mebane-type 1-Technique NT who measured 6-1, 327 at this Pro Day, with 33 7/8 inch arms and 10 inch hands. He was coached in his senior season at Arkansas by then new-HC Bret Blelema, whom John Schneider is close with from Bielema's time as the HC at Wisconsin.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
So does Allen still have upside with raw talent yet to be tapped, or is he basically just there in case of injury and because of his familiarity?

Exittium

Reaction score
If anything the PS has a lot of versatility. A lot of DBs probably mostly future conversion projects. Eother way that versatility is something PC and JS value a lot

Latest posts