Predict Geno's 2022 Stat Line

toffee

Reaction score
I'm sure the Bills, a genuine title contender both last year and this year, would have loved for results against the Jaguars not to count, because right after the Seahawks beat the Jaguars convincingly in Jacksonville (and with Smith doing things against them that no other quarterback did, including several that I'd agree are better players than Smith), the Jaguars went to Buffalo and beat the Bills.

Also, there was no such thing as the 1-16 Jaguars. The Jaguars beat the Dolphins, the Bills, and the Colts, and it wasn't the Jaguars against those three teams in a single game.
Good call and good catch, couldn't agree more!
I don't think Smith is a good QB, but I also don't get why people refuse to give him credit for playing better against the Jaguars than any other QB did. Smith's ceiling is pretty low, but his floor is higher than a lot of Wilson fans are willing to admit, for reasons that, I have to admit, escape me.
Geno's whole career up to 2021 shouted mediocre, owned his role as a marginal backup, heck, I didn't even want him as our backup, thought we deserved better. Since the Wilson trade, Geno has been the laughing stock, village jester, national media has been super unkind to him, a door mat everyone took turn to step on.

But Geno was quietly efficient in his last 6.5 games, he played like a different Geno, more like a JimmyG than Geno Smith. It's doubtful that he could do that over a 17 games season, but hey, 2 weeks from season opener, I am giving him all the love and encourage I could muster. So here: Go Geno!

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
1. Geno was said to have turned a corner based off of the games last year and the partial preseason games this year.
2. Lock is a newb who just learned a new system in a few weeks.
3. Some people here will find any excuse to justify Geno's crappy play.
You don’t have to defend yourself having an opinion. Especially from him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
"Don't feel like you have to defend your opinion," says local internet user who regularly vehemently disagrees with others opinions openly before posting a sarcastic comment in reply to them

The false victimhood is somethin'

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I got a plan.....Getting a few members on record with their "Geno is better" theories is all.

It will be fun referring back to the posts at the end of the season.

Either I will lose all credibility with my theories, or they will.

toffee

Reaction score
An article on fieldgulls, if Geno would to have a career year:
I would consider it a “career year” if Geno’s stat line looked like this after 17 games: 400 pass attempts with 260 completions for 2,800 yards with 21 TDs, 7 INTs, and 34 sacks.

Those numbers would give him a 65% completion rate, averages of 7 yards per attempt and 10.8 per completion, a TD percentage of 5.25, an INT percentage of 1.75, a TD-to-INT ratio of 3:1, a sack rate of 7.8%, and a quarterback rating of 95.6.

Last edited:

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
2600 yds, 18TD', 13 int, 65% completion rate, 3 rushing tds. 74% QB rating. 4-13 record. will lead the league in check down throws.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I got a plan.....Getting a few members on record with their "Geno is better" theories is all.

It will be fun referring back to the posts at the end of the season.

Either I will lose all credibility with my theories, or they will.
Elaborate on what "Geno is better" theory you're recording, please.

Better than who?

flv2

Reaction score
An article on fieldgulls, if Geno would to have a career:

Fewest 2021 passing attempts by NFL team:

30: Saints 504
31: Seahawks 495
32: Eagles 494.

Fewest 2021 passing yards by NFL team:

30: Bears 3207
31: Giants 3196
32: Saints 3186.

OP
OP
SonicHawk

SonicHawk

Reaction score
FINAL REGULAR SEASON STAT LINE:

4282 Yards, 30 TD, 11 INT, 70% Completion Rate, 1 Rushing TD, 366 Rushing Yards

chrispy

Reaction score
I re-read the entire thread. Soooo good. Funny that no one included post-seadon stats....

Does his contract go up now that he's a playoff QB, or down because today he was a little less than perfect?

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Don't make me unignore Pitt, please. I am pretty sure that Jerhawk was pretty damn close, just got the name wrong.
The line was: "Drew Lock will have at least 4,500 passing yards, over 35 TDs and will lead us to an 11 win season."