Predict the Hawks 1st Round Pick thread.....

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Cam struggle against speed guys he's more suited to play the inside at the next level imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3ge4zgna said:
Im starting to think John Schneider and the front office are getting big headed since striking gold with the late draft picks in the past. Sooner or later it's gonna bite them in the ass.

I don't want to be too critical of them so I'm gonna follow this criticism with some high praise, but here it goes:

CRITICISM: Kinda agreed. I think I mentioned this on .NET after the draft last year (and probably used the same words, so someone can search for it if they want), but I've kinda felt like over the past few drafts JS/PC have approached it like they're the smartest guys in the room.

The issue is I think the draft is a crapshoot and that they aren't the smartest guys in the room (or, across all the rooms of all the teams). Their drafts have been a little too cute for me. It's everything from PC releasing hints about who they're going to take before the draft has even started (which only works if you're certain you're gonna take people at higher spots than 31 other teams value them -- it's cute and fun but just smacks of over-confidence) to over-drafting guys who end up busting, over-paying in trades, and all the positional switches (even across sides of the ball), which is cute and all, but there's a reason nobody else does it.

COMPLIMENT: All that said, at the Hawks original pick last night I thought King or Lamp were pretty obvious choices, and would be total home runs for them. There was a little part of me as a 9ers fan that hoped King and Lamp would be gone before the Hawks picked.

Those guys are both still on the board though, and one of them at least will still be on the board when the Hawks pick. If they're able to pick up an extra third and extra fourth and still land their guy that is AWESOME.

Also worth saying that statistically the two trade downs last night are playing the draft the right way.

I think they're too cute sometimes, but I really have no criticism about what they did yesterday, and only compliments for it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
dopeboy206":e9blb9nz said:
Cam struggle against speed guys he's more suited to play the inside at the next level imo.

Yep, agreed he's a G at the next level. If you want a guard take Lamp, who is the best O-Lineman in this draft but just isn't a tackle. He'd be great in a zone scheme.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":14shafyn said:
Considering their history in Seattle, PC/JS trade out of the 1st round. I'd bet money on it.

Nailed it! I am evidently a draft savant.