Prediction for Power Rankings

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It's funny; people are trying to justify how we're more deserving of #1 than Denver. It's OK that we aren't. Really. This team has a long climb to get back to where it was last year. It'll be OK. Really.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
kidhawk":hkql1v1s said:
DavidSeven":hkql1v1s said:
Vpk0718":hkql1v1s said:
You can only play who is on your schedule. I'm not going to knock Denver for that. We played a cupcake too in the first week and needed some 4th quarter heroics to win. Until they show a human side, they're #1 to me.

Carolina is no cupcake. They blew out the Giants 38-0 in the last game they played.

Who can't blow out the Giants?

A cupcake. The Giants are a cupcake. Panthers are something better. All I'm saying.

BamKam

Reaction score
We will be #2. I watched a lot of the ESPN's thoughts on the game and it was 99% Houston lost the game (which isn't necassarily untrue). A couple analysts busted out the "Seahawks are now 10-0" line which was kind of cool. Denver is the team they are humping the leg of this year.

Denver is legit but let's not pretend they haven't faced 3 of the worst teams in the entire NFL (NYG, OAK, PHI). They also have already played 3 home games.

We have beat 2 top 10 teams (one on the road) and Carolina might be decent as well, should have won in BUF.

CEHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":230hyy0y said:
CEHawk":230hyy0y said:
kidhawk":230hyy0y said:
DavidSeven":230hyy0y said:
Carolina is no cupcake. They blew out the Giants 38-0 in the last game they played.

Who can't blow out the Giants?

The Giants scored 23 points against Denver, they scored 0 against Carolina.

Jags scored 17 against us and only 3 against Indy? Your point?

Each week is a different circumstance in the NFL. The Broncos still beat the Giants by 18 points. We still blew out the Jaguars when we beat them. Sometimes you get to scoring so much that defenses have small lapses and give up meaningliess points. That doesn't mean one team is better than the other

Very different scenarios if you watched the games. My only point is that Carolina is a good team and may make the playoffs. I won't be impressed with Denver until they beat some really good teams. Seattle's offense would look pretty damn good against Denver's schedule. Although we would have all backups in by the third quarter. lol

kidhawk

Reaction score
CEHawk":3121mjzn said:
Very different scenarios if you watched the games. My only point is that Carolina is a good team and may make the playoffs. I won't be impressed with Denver until they beat some really good teams. Seattle's offense would look pretty damn good against Denver's schedule. Although we would have all backups in by the third quarter. lol

Of course it's different scenarios, it's all different from week to week, that's why you can't really base predictors off of the opponent. If that were the case, Indy would be favored to beat us this weekend.

Denver can't be blamed for their schedule. If you looked at our schedule and their schedule before the season started, and counted the first 4 games, they would have graded out fairly equal. Of course things change each week when the games are actually played. Denver, has thus far, showed they are the best in the AFC. We have had some injury issues and had a little trouble squeaking out our two road wins. Like I said earlier, everything thus far gives Denver a power poll nod, but that doesn't mean they are the better team head to head. A lot of that will come down to who is healthiest if we both make the Superbowl. I like our depth much better than Denver's, but right now, they don't have the injuries we do. We have lots of time to get right before we ever have to meet up with them though.

CEHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2bhc6d5i said:
CEHawk":2bhc6d5i said:

Of course it's different scenarios, it's all different from week to week, that's why you can't really base predictors off of the opponent. If that were the case, Indy would be favored to beat us this weekend.

Denver can't be blamed for their schedule. If you looked at our schedule and their schedule before the season started, and counted the first 4 games, they would have graded out fairly equal. Of course things change each week when the games are actually played. Denver, has thus far, showed they are the best in the AFC. We have had some injury issues and had a little trouble squeaking out our two road wins. Like I said earlier, everything thus far gives Denver a power poll nod, but that doesn't mean they are the better team head to head. A lot of that will come down to who is healthiest if we both make the Superbowl. I like our depth much better than Denver's, but right now, they don't have the injuries we do. We have lots of time to get right before we ever have to meet up with them though.

I agree with everything in your post. I just believe that Seattle's score differential 109 off vs. 47 def is more impressive than Denver's 179 off vs 91 def. and that power rankings should take that as well as schedule difficulty into consideration.

Another interesting comparison and slightly off topic will be this weeks Football Outsiders DVOA. This week I believe is the first week they include this year's schedule difficulty into their ratings as they have enough stats to do so. It should further distance us from Denver in DVOA.

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
5280Hawk":1cjxoywn said:
I agree about the Ranking,

But they've beat up some cupcakes!!!!. The Ravens, Giants, Raiders, and Eagles anre a combined 4-12 lol!

While I agree we faced some tougher teams-- Carolina, SF, Jax, and HOU have only won a combined 5 games--

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
5280Hawk":12cibxqd said:
I agree about the Ranking,

But they've beat up some cupcakes!!!!. The Ravens, Giants, Raiders, and Eagles anre a combined 4-12 lol!

While I agree we faced some tougher teams-- Carolina, SF, Jax, and HOU have only won a combined 5 games--