PROOF Cable is absolutely horrible!!!

Seymour

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1ovd2fqk said:
This was brought up on a Reddit thread a bit ago. Until I read through that thread, I was in the anti zbs camp. There are a lot of guys on that thread that know their stuff. They presented the stats on success and failures of zbs, and statistically it works well for other teams.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145203
What this says to me is that it is CABLE'S zbs scheme and coaching/teaching/development, not zbs in general.

I agree with this as well, and stated this several times. There are a few variations of the ZBS and there are also teams that combine it with power scheme. It is our particular version and how it's being taught is the main issue from my research. When you look into it, we really don't even choose the ideal players to run it (designed around smaller quicker players). We've seen them switch to the power scheme a few times with success (2015 we did this several weeks--look at those numbers).

Or it could be just as simple as Cable is incapable of getting through to certain type players also (a poor teacher).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If JS truly believes that Cable is the best in the league he should fire himself for being so poor at his own job that the players he supplies are such poor prospects that the best line coach in the league can coach them above a league bottom performance. Can’t have it both ways Johnny.

Seymour

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2n90ap3r said:
If JS truly believes that Cable is the best in the league he should fire himself for being so poor at his own job that the players he supplies are such poor prospects that the best line coach in the league can coach them above a league bottom performance. Can’t have it both ways Johnny.

Cable has his finger prints all over those draft choices as well.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks...72/seahawks-run-game-pass-pro-sacks-tom-cable

While player acquisition is generally the responsibility of a team's front office, Cable is believed to be highly involved in the process. John Schneider explained Cable's involvement like this:

"We're not going to draft a guy [Cable] doesn't like," Schneider said. "He doesn't have the final say, but we would never draft somebody he doesn't think could play. You are totally spinning your wheels there."

You don't have to look any further than Seattle's desire to convert athletic defensive linemen to the offensive side of the ball to see Cable's fingerprints on front office decisions. From Seahawks.com:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cable is bad-bad-bad and likely responsible for at least 50% of the animosity that's been brewing on the sidelines and the locker room the last few seasons.

He really needs to go. Should have been gone a while ago.

Pete seems pretty stubborn/dumb about these things. It's weird.

Seymour

Reaction score
Watching some of the Twilight Zone marathon this weekend, I found myself wishing Anthony could wish Cable to the cornfield. :twisted:

Tumblr m9djir8WCm1qgne7qo1 500

Seymour

Reaction score
pmedic920":2jxuvnlz said:
We don’t need no stinking proof.

We watched it every week, “proof” is in the pudding.

:{)

The proof is also in the hole in the flat screen. :twisted:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Really was hoping this would've been his last season here. Hopefully he just quits one day

HansGruber

Reaction score
I realized Cable wasn't that great when I heard one of the ex-Seahawks on NFL Network talking about Alex Collins success in Baltimore, and why he hadn't succeeded in Seattle. He said he had talked to Marshawn, and Marshawn had said that the running scheme in Seattle was really hard to learn for a lot of guys, and that the blocking broke down once the rules changed regarding cut blocks.

I'm sick of watching guys suck in Seattle, then get cut and go on to do awesome for other teams. That speaks volumes. It's happened with WAY TOO MANY guys to be a fluke.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":17pu9e6n said:
ImTheScientist":17pu9e6n said:
Rumor has it he is going to Oakland when Gruden signs.

It's fake news.

The Bob Condotta tweet was a fake account.

Well I'm going to hope that it was fake news based on some inside known fact. Therefore extending my sanity for a couple extra days. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":3b00b5w5 said:
We don’t need no stinking proof.

We watched it every week, “proof” is in the pudding.

:{)
Yep, most of us have 2 eyes I they can see the epic failures on a weekly basis.

Question is not if but when the “idiot twins” on the offensive coaching staff get fired, and how many more years of the core talent on this team going to be wasted due to stubbornness and or lack of self awareness? Generally speaking, going to back to back superbowls SHOULD give your coaching staff “some leash”, but IMHO they should be at the end of that by now, but instead we will waste at least another year watching the same offensive coaching staff make the same mistakes over and over again and he dumbfounded why it’s not working.

Evolve or perish.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What has Cable actually accomplished here in Seattle given all his authority?

The OLine was broken when he came, has remained broken, and if anything has gotten worse this last season so that it is next to impossible to run any O behind it.

The running game is non-existent, and Cable rips players for worrying too much about their performances. the only reason why it looked good a few years ago was that Marshawn mad e the runniung game happen notwithstanding the horrbly weak play of the OLine in front of him.

He 's been provided with considerable resources as well in terms of players of his choice for the Oline and RBs. He's seen to the firing odf a very solid RB coach. Things got even worse after that happened.

In all, any performance review should grade his performance here a total failure to achieve any stated goals. I cannot understand why some smart football people think he's a very good Oline coach when his OLines continue to play atrociously poorly.

The raw numbers in the OP confirm the reality of his weakness.

Latest posts