Props to the .NET veterans!

chawx1

Reaction score
Been lurking around since the old Seahawks98 days. Was actually turned on to that site on the old sporting news board, I believe by the godfather himself when he posted under his own name. Has been a blast.

chris98251

Reaction score
Signed up on Seahawks98.com. then Fanstop days, then the Scout days and then purgatory with the Rogue site in protest of Scout and then here.

So many freinds and great people have come and gone over the years, but so many still here and passionette.

I won't say we are owed anything, but for all of you that have been waiting and saddle up to your computer to check out whats going on at .Net over the many years, thanks for being here to lesson the heartache on bad days, and share the elation on good days.

I pray for a game that allows the Seattle Seahawks to play their game, if they can we will all be having the biggest damn group internet hug and high fives on record!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm envious of you old, old timers. 2008 start date on scout. I remember the draft days and the signings when I was so hopeful that players like Julius Jones and TJ Duckett and Houshmandzadeh were the key. *Sigh*

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I think I stumbled upon .NET in or around 2001. I believe it was around the time we acquired Robbie Tobek. Good times. Love y'all. Thanks for everything.

BBlades89

Reaction score
I've been posting here since my college days (12-13 years ago). I don't post much anymore but still stop by almost every day to check things out. Thanks to everyone who has made this awesome community possible!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Didn't seahawks.com have a forum in 99. I think I did both until .com shut down theirs and .net became an obsession.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I don't really have the post count to back it up, but I've been 'round since Nov. 24, 2003. Why such a specific date? That was the day after that game against the Ravens -- yeah, *that* game. I'd never seen anything like it in all my years of football watching and so I spent that Sunday and most of the next day just clicking around the internet trying to make some sense of what I'd just witnessed. I still don't understand it, I guess. Have you ever seen five consecutive absurdly bad, game-changing calls go against one team?! Including an extra timeout? Madness!

Finding .net that day turned out to be quite therapeutic. And I sure as hell wouldn't have made it through XL and its aftermath without this community.

Oh, and I still get a kick out of hearing Farrar on the radio all the time... :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I've also been around for the good and the bad. Through thick and thin. Joined in 98 and been through them all.

I also carry with me the tribute badge for Tom (Cheinhill). Honestly for me, that icon is not just for Tom, but for every fan who didn't live to see the day we reign supreme as Super Bowl champs.

It's time for all the fans, living and gone, to finally get the championship we have waited for so faithfully.

knewch

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone that runs this site. You helped keep me informed while living in Bronco country over the years. Seems only fitting that I finally made it back to WA this summer to witness our magic SB season against who else but the Broncos.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I can only claim to have stuck it out through the Ruskell years (2008-onward). Envious of those who have been around much longer.

gargantual

Reaction score
I was lurking since finding the old Scout site sometime during the '06 season and didn't actually join .net until training camp in 2009 (I think anyway). I'm definitely not an Xs and Os guy having never played football, but finally braving participating in posting here was very helpful in getting through the embarrassment that was Jim Mora Jr. as our coach (still can't believe him throwing a kicker under the bus....yeah, that's why we lost that game.....what a tool!).

Having lived away from Seattle since '06 and in Northern California (deep in the heart of enemy territory!), this is my way to feel like I'm included and get the pulse of fellow fans.

I very, very nearly stopped watching football after the last Super Bowl in protest, and because I believed it was no better than Pro Wrestling (rigged rigged rigged), but stuck it out to see them get back to the big show the next year (thanks a lot Ruskell!). Since then my "fan-ship" has grown deeper and deeper and this place has been a big part of my life, off season and on.

I definitely feel like this is my extended family, and am loving the ride!

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Been around since the Scout board days of 2004-2006 and I've been addicted ever since. When my wife sees all the blue...she knows it's time to shoo, haha. It's been a great ride; thanks to all who make all the boards we've had, past and present, a great place to be!

enamel

Reaction score
I don't post much, but I've been to this site virtually every day since 2003 because of the quality of information and sometimes reasoned arguments. You know you're on a great forum when regular posters keep graduating into proper sports reporting.

grizbob

Reaction score
Guess I should have mentioned I've been around since some kid named Breda started Seahawks98.com :th2thumbs:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Been here since '01 or '02. Can't recall exactly when anymore. Even wrote a few articles back in the day. Loved joining John (Hawkstorian) at the South Sound Seahawkers events down in Tacoma, and meeting Les (Pithy Radish aka Radish) at the Cheney Training Camps and the big .net Bash with Amber where I met Todd for the first time. Good memories.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I've been with the site shortly before it gained its independence from Scout. I was under the moniker Hawkgod and DeathbyTalons. Aros prediction threads were and are still my faves as I always love seeing Hawkknights 76-3 like predictions. This joint carried me through multiple deployments and for about 6-7 years of a 10 year stint in Germany. Thanks .net and thanks Aros for getting this thing rolling.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Long time lurker as you can tell by my post count. I have good reason though, I'd rather not prove my idiocy lol. I do visit multiple times a day and spend way too much time here; I may not be well known here, but you guys are all my brothers in my book. Even you iRo.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I started lurking right after we lost to the Rams in the playoffs at the end of the 2004 season. Didn't post to register until a couple years later, but that was on Scout.

Props to everyone that was posting here and/or on Scout prior to our (first! great to be able to say that) Superb Owl season.

sutz

Reaction score
Found this site shortly after the dot com site melted down IIRC. That would put me in the '99-'00 range to start. I do know it was after Todd dropped the '98' from the site name. Lived through the Scout days, even contributed a few articles myself back then.

I remember the angst over the new logo after Todd found it on a logo registration site back in the early Holmgren era. :)

Lot of old posters gone by he wayside (not all have passed on, just left or drifted off) and a lot of new blood infused.

Superb Owl Sunday coming up. It's a great time to be a Seahawk fan!

:th2thumbs: