Put Unger at tackle when he is back.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bailey is a rookie who played guard and looked good against players who are no longer in the nfl, so putting him st LT,.not a good idea. I like your optimism though.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Throwdown":2wsexz7r said:
Oh HELL no, he just lgot good at Center, I don't want him learning on the fly at LT for a limited time.

I'm not sure how "on the fly" it would be. He played LT at a high level while in college.

Unger can literally play any position on the line, granted he wasn't the best road grader at Guard...but we were also running a different scheme then. He's sure as hell better than Sweezy.

I'd try it, as our backup now seems to be playing well, and I'm betting Unger would be better than Bailey. Anyone would be better than McQuistan.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I don't get the overreaction. Unger was All-Pro and a Pro-Bowler last year at Center. He suffered an injury that only kept him out 2 games, yet certain people want him to switch positions?

Lack of continuity is what hurts an O-Line. Leave pro-bowlers where they are pro-bowlers. There aren't Russell Okungs floating around out there.

pehawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2vzoogq4 said:
I don't get the overreaction. Unger was All-Pro and a Pro-Bowler last year at Center. He suffered an injury that only kept him out 2 games, yet certain people want him to switch positions?

Lack of continuity is what hurts an O-Line. Leave pro-bowlers where they are pro-bowlers. There aren't Russell Okungs floating around out there.

Yes there are. Our Front Office is just stupid and doesn't care.

XOXO

Seahawks.Net

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Is the OP just trolling? I think so. I hope so.

Unger is a fine Center, a bit overrated in my book, but better than I thought he'd be. Why mess with that?

chawx

Reaction score
Russell Okung is not walking through that door. Walter Jones is not walking through that door. Paul McQuistan IS walking through that door!

...it is what it is, fellas. We're kinda hosed at that position for a while, thank God for Russell Wilson and his fast feet.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hum, no way, if anything maybe have Lem play a few snaps at RG if Sweazy has trouble remembering which play is a run or pass.

drdiags

Reaction score
If there was a Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down option here, would have to go with the Thumbs Down.

How the team got caught with McQuistan playing LT is a bad roll of the dice. They probably were expecting to bring the two rookies along slowly, grooming them to eventually being reliable backups. Damn O-Line. The foundation of a team and always under constant turmoil it seems. If this area doesn't calm down soon I suspect victories may not be as forthcoming as many expect. It isn't like this team throws a lot, but to not be able to count on reasonable protection is going to force a heavy price on the team.

I now officially blame Tim Ruskell (smile, inside joke with a few old buds ...).

Zowert

Reaction score
Its pretty much been said here already, but yea.. COMPLETELY different position. It would kind of be like swapping Chris Clemons and Brandon Mebane's position. Mebane at Defensive End and Clemons at DT.

pehawk

Reaction score
I like it!

Another thought? Put Wilson at RB, I mean dude just got 100 yards.

Fart...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
This just sounds like an idea that is waiting to turn sour on us. Kinda like the Kam to LB proposition.

I also remember Pete saying something along the lines of "We'll keep our pro-bowl/all-pro players at their positions".