QB 2024.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
I want Geno here at least another year, and the team draft a QB next year to sit behind him and learn. I think Geno does things the right way.
My immediate thought when the contract details came out was that this was the plan. Maybe it's 2 years behind Geno. Plenty of great QBs sat for 2-3 years and learned instead of being thrown to the wolves right away on a QB needy team.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I was thinking that would be the plan EVERY year. With no need to draft a QB who you hope is the finished article (and more often than not is a bust) we don't need to invest a high draft pick, using a 3rd or 4th rounder and give them a year as back-up or even 3rd QB and then decide whether they are the QBOTF or whether try again the folowing year. I was surprised we didn't draft a QB this year not Levis at 5 as everyone was predicting (though I did start wondering aftert the 1st round of the draft if we might go for him at 37 is still available) but somone like a Hooker or Bennett.

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
Let's Be Honest here.

RW is better than Geno

Scrambling
Deep passes.
Taking Hits

Geno Is better than RW.

Medium passes.
Vision

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Wilson ran from Pete. He would never come back to play for him again.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Let's Be Honest here.

RW is better than Geno

Scrambling
Deep passes.
Taking Hits

Geno Is better than RW.

Medium passes.
Vision
Russ in his prime was better at those things, but as he is right now, I think him & Geno are on par skill-wise. I'll concede that Russ is better at deep passes, but it's not a huge dropoff between him & Geno.

olyfan63

Reaction score
First off, the original post was sarcasm, (IMO), not serious. Re, RW and the Seahawks, as Apollo Creed said in Rocky I, "Ain't gonna be no rematch".

Second, why no love for DREW LOCK??!!

Lock is young enough, and low mileage enough, he has perhaps 10 more years of NFL shelf life, and he's shown physical talent and increased QB position IQ in his limited reps. He's like a slightly less elusive version of Geno, IMO, with similar arm talent. He's been watching and learning, for a couple years now. If Geno is out injured this season, perish the thought, we will get to see Lock's progress. Personally, I'd like to see Lock around through the end of Geno's contract, and see if Lock can become our QB1 for a couple underpaid years to expand this team's playoff window. (Underpaid, overperforming QB being part of Pete's "winning formula")

OP
OP
Q

QWERTY

Reaction score
First off, the original post was sarcasm, (IMO), not serious. Re, RW and the Seahawks, as Apollo Creed said in Rocky I, "Ain't gonna be no rematch".

Second, why no love for DREW LOCK??!!

Lock is young enough, and low mileage enough, he has perhaps 10 more years of NFL shelf life, and he's shown physical talent and increased QB position IQ in his limited reps. He's like a slightly less elusive version of Geno, IMO, with similar arm talent. He's been watching and learning, for a couple years now. If Geno is out injured this season, perish the thought, we will get to see Lock's progress. Personally, I'd like to see Lock around through the end of Geno's contract, and see if Lock can become our QB1 for a couple underpaid years to expand this team's playoff window. (Underpaid, overperforming QB being part of Pete's "winning formula")
I'm serious.

But the main reason is so that we can have a cheap QB and get an elite DL player in FA with QB money.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm serious.

But the main reason is so that we can have a cheap QB and get an elite DL player in FA with QB money.
No worries, mate, your concept of cheap QB is absolutely solid and a key part of Carroll's "winning formula". I'm totally on board there, especially having cap space to grab another elite DL player, or other player of great need. It was just hard to see the return of RW to Seattle as a realistic option given that Mr. Limited has been exposed, and will be that much older and slower in 2024, not to mention team chemistry net negative.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Do you think the Organization might.

Cut Geno.

Save that $$$$$$.

Sign RW for 1 year 2.5 mill.

With the $$$ saved from Geno, then they can sign Montez Sweat or Rashan Gary.
No.

Next------>

Vesuve

Reaction score
With due respect, this thread has my vote for worst thread of the year.

Please nominate it.