QB Index, Week 14: Lamar Jackson still No. 1; Josh Allen up

ivotuk

Reaction score
QB Index, Week 14: Lamar Jackson still No. 1; Josh Allen surging

The only one I care about...well actually, I love Lamar Jackson too. Especially after he drug his HC back to the sideline when Harbs went after an SF Player and Ref. Watching him throughout, what an amazing young man.

RANK 2 Russell Wilson

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 2 | Blair: 2 | Filice: 2 | Parr: 2

2019 stats: 12 games | 67.4 pct | 3,177 pass yds | 8.3 ypa | 26 pass TD | 4 INT | 284 rush yds | 3 rush TD | 2 fumbles lost

Parr: Some might disagree with us on the pecking order between Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson, and that's fair. We're of the opinion that Jackson has been a sliver more spectacular than his colleague from the Pacific Northwest.

Maybe it's just that Jackson is doing things we've never seen before while Wilson is doing things we've rarely seen before? Wilson, who leads the league in TD passes, is the fifth QB in NFL history to have 26+ pass TD and fewer than 5 INTs through Week 13 of a season.

In three of the previous four instances, the QB to do so was named MVP. Wilson is currently on pace to have 4,236 pass yards, 34 pass TDs, 5 INTs and a 111.1 passer rating this season. The only QB to hit all those marks or better in a single season in NFL history was Aaron Rodgers in 2014. Rodgers won the MVP that year.

And Wilson's done it all for a team with the league's third-lowest pass-blocking grade this season, per Pro Football Focus.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... en-surging

Rat

Reaction score
I feel like Allen should be considerably higher than that, but list looks good otherwise. Can't believe Tannehill is legitimately that high on something like this.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dude, Tannehill's been balling out for Tennessee. He's looked good, and they've been winning. Looks like what he needed most was that stud RB Tennessee has and a fresh start.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...4-lamar-jackson-still-no-1-josh-allen-surging

The thing I hate about this QB Index is that it's more about optics than stats.

They even state in RW section:
We're of the opinion that Jackson has been a sliver more spectacular than his colleague from the Pacific Northwest. Maybe it's just that Jackson is doing things we've never seen before, while Wilson is doing things we've rarely seen before?

That's an emotional assessment not a factual one. It's all about the rushing yards to these clowns and it's not like Mike Vick didn't do this kind of thing before, yes Jackson is doing it a little better. Hell, even RW had 2014 where he threw for 3475 and rushed for 849.

Every other stat they reference in that QB Index RW leads and should be #1. He's even the #1 QB on PFF.

Collinsworth and McGinnis think RW is #1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8oG3rK-Dc&feature=emb_logo

So what, is a QB supposed to be a rusher? Or, is a QB supposed to be a distributor? MVP is not about who is the most spectacular it's about who is the most valuable. In my mind that's Russell Wilson.