Quandre Diggs takes a dig at the team

CouchLogic

Reaction score
He isn't wrong.

Players need to hear this from their peers. I'm sure the young bucks don't want to let down the vets (and vise versa), this is all part of the growing process.

GemCity

Reaction score
I can understand the surface level attractiveness of this path but it doesn't make sense to me overall. That would leave one more position that has to be filled and developed with an unknown player. How many draft picks of WRs have they gotten right the past few years aside from DK? We already have a young stud at that spot so we don't have to waste time and resources to fill it and can concentrate on where we have holes. Like WR3 still. I don't want to go into a rookie QBs first season, whether he starts or not, without a strong receiver presence. Off-hand I don't recall Lockett's contract status but he isn't young. DK may not like it but he knew what he was getting into when he signed and, imo, is one of the most important veteran pieces of the rebuild. I'd rather have that than waste a few picks on WR1 whiffs.
You’re absolutely right about the draft. There’s rarely a “can’t miss” guy.
But, I can see a guy like DK forcing himself out.
I can’t imagine him being happy if we don’t start getting him the ball more and/or, grabbing a stud QB.

I’m not advocating trading away every good player we have and risking it all in the draft but $24M a year for a guy that has 71 yards in two games thus far….

And it’s not that he’s not capable of more. He’s an incredible talent but, who is going to get him the ball?

We’ve all heard something along the lines of drafting from the inside out. We’ve started to do that with these rookie tackles.

Love DK but if we could’ve got a first and second (would love two firsts)…I would’ve jumped on it THIS year.

It’s a rebuild….or at least, I hope we’re navigating our future deals as such.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
You’re absolutely right about the draft. There’s rarely a “can’t miss” guy.
But, I can see a guy like DK forcing himself out.
I can’t imagine him being happy if we don’t start getting him the ball more and/or, grabbing a stud QB.

I’m not advocating trading away every good player we have and risking it all in the draft but $24M a year for a guy that has 71 yards in two games thus far….

And it’s not that he’s not capable of more. He’s an incredible talent but, who is going to get him the ball?

We’ve all heard something along the lines of drafting from the inside out. We’ve started to do that with these rookie tackles.

Love DK but if we could’ve got a first and second (would love two firsts)…I would’ve jumped on it THIS year.

It’s a rebuild….or at least, I hope we’re navigating our future deals as such.
That's still 2 or 3 high round players that are a gamble vs having a proven quality player. Plus one of those would very likely be used to replace him. If he gets disgruntled in the near future, deal with it then. We'd be gambling on another angle to the trade if we assume he'll get that way and want/force himself out. It's possible, but certainly nowhere near guaranteed. Especially considering he knew there would be a bumpy path to post-Wilson success. So taking 3-4 gambles over a proven stud on a rebuilding team in need of studs. Reminds of a bird in the hand saying.

knownone

Reaction score
I think pulling this out into individual quotes makes it look worse than it is. The last two quotes are connected.

When you listen to him say it, he is clearly emphasizing "that". "We're not THAT good"... and he says it referring to us feeding into hype about ourselves.

To me he is saying we're not good enough to be feeding into the hype. And he is right, hardly any team is. Teams that can feed into the hype about themselves and get away with it are usually generational.
Yeah. That's precisely what he is saying.

strohmin

Reaction score
This is exactly what this team needs. Someone who tells the truth. I can't believe there are people who think this is a dig at the Hawks. This is the cold hard truth that the Seahawks as a whole need to hear.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Diggs' assessment was almost the same as that of the Head Coach. Reality sometimes bites. To me it wasn't a dig at the the team just an admission of the truth.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He's right. We're not very good at all
That's right ^, just good enough the beat Russell Wilson.
The Seahawks, EVEN WITH Russ, haven't started off a fireball @ kickin' butt in the last few years.
I EXPECT that with the new Coaching Lineup, the 3-4 INSTEAD OF THEIR USUAL 4-3 Defense, Rookies on both sides of the ball, that we WILL see incremental & positive GROWTH as the season wears on.
I don't get this crap about people supposedly not feeling good about having won our season opener.
Players AND Fans alike knew that we had NOT become an instant juggernaut, and that we WERE STILL a long way's from being the FINISHED PRODUCT...BABY STEPS.
I believe that Geno is the Place Holder and that our Franchise Signal Caller is yet to be determined, and most certainly NOT on the roster...YET

Latest posts