Quinn to interview with 9ers

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm thinking Quinn most likely ends up at the Jets if he goes anywhere. Especially if they land our scouting guru as their GM.

kidhawk

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2ik154wn said:
McGruff":2ik154wn said:
homerun1970":2ik154wn said:
I would think a defensive minded coach isn't where they should be looking. I doubt that either end up there. I think teams will be a wary buyer on D coordinators under Pete. It would seem there would be a little doubt of who overall is implementing the scheme.

Pipe dream.

But I would think they'd maintain continuity with Fangio rather than go with a defensive coach outside the organization.

Agreed. Defense is not where their problems lie, and Fangio is a damn good coordinator. They need an offensive guru to mentor Papaki.

I disagree. The Niners are built alot like we are in that they like to run the ball and play great defense and let the qb make a handful of plays. That is the system that they are built for. If you bring in an offensive guru, you're more likely to get a lot more of what we saw from them this year, ie trying to make Kaepernick into a passing qb instead of a ball control qb. Give him more read options and that great defense and solid running attack and they'll be right back in playoff contention. Try to turn Kaep into a Rodgers type qb and they will falter once again.

On that note, I hope they go after someone who believes they can turn the Niners into an offensive juggernaut. That ought to keep them out of the playoffs for years to come.