Rams badly wanted Sam Howell

WarHawks

Reaction score
What spots? Plenty good QBs had bad early seasons and became great. Drew Brees had a 59% completion percentage on 900 passes with a TD-Int ratio of 29-31 and a starting record of 10-17 in his first 3 seasons, with LaDainian Tomlinson rushing for 4,500 yards in his backfield. Boy, what a chump./s
Brees didn't throw 21 int's

Jville

Reaction score
What spots? Plenty good QBs had bad early seasons and became great. Drew Brees had a 59% completion percentage on 900 passes with a TD-Int ratio of 29-31 and a starting record of 10-17 in his first 3 seasons, with LaDainian Tomlinson rushing for 4,500 yards in his backfield. Boy, what a chump./s

Nice ........

Below is a copy and paste from >>>> https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/player/drew-brees-2131/career-stats

Disclaimer: Numbers can vary among stat sites.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The dudes played for literally the worst team in the NFL last season, and was thrown to the wolves in a way. Made do with what he had, and what he had was far far far worse than most QBs for talent and protection. He did leas the DC team to a convincing win with pretty good states over the cowboys for his first start week 18 against the cowboys, but then last yr DC seemed to be trading and “selling off” half the damn team.
Maybe he was "part" of the reason they were one of the worst teams in the NFL.

CPHawk

Reaction score
They can still have him. For a 1st rounder

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We don’t know what the Rams offered. It is easy to get outbid if you don’t offer much.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do for us. He's the same age as most rookie QB's, but already has that year of NFL experience under his belt. And it wasn't like he just played in a couple games during garbage time. The guy lead the league in passing attempts last year. Gotta take better care of the ball though. I have a feeling he'll look pretty good for us if/when he gets his chance.
Oh no, no, no, Some folks around these here .NET parts would much rather take on an unknown from the College ranks LOL.
I absolutely love that he's a young resilient gamer that's been Fire Tested & still has room to grow his goods, Geno is going to be a GOOD mentor for the youngster.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
We don’t know what the Rams offered. It is easy to get outbid if you don’t offer much.
Their loss...A 23-year-old backup with NFL Starter Experience...Schneider has covered his arse pretty well by pulling the trigger on this trade...As has already been stated, a couple mil a year for the next two for this gamer?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
They can have him. Seattle should have drafted one in arguably the strongest QB draft in years.

But predictably, Schneider will get cute and reach for someone at 16 or trade down, relying on good ol' Geno to win 9 games. Because, you know, hovering around .500 is such a successful way to run a team.

Schneider and Dipoto must meet up often on how to run mediocre franchises while the fans continue to eat out the palm of their hands.

Howell is a mediocre QB who turns the ball way to often and will sign with another team in a couple seasons. Same ol same ol

WarHawks

Reaction score
He had 15 in 356 attempts in 2003, his 3rd year in the league, a 4.2% interception percentage. Howell's percentage last year with 21 picks on 612 attempts was 3.4%.

Any other bullshit numbers you want to twist?
Nope, I'm good, because Howell is going to be the next Drew Brees.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
They can have him. Seattle should have drafted one in arguably the strongest QB draft in years.

But predictably, Schneider will get cute and reach for someone at 16 or trade down, relying on good ol' Geno to win 9 games. Because, you know, hovering around .500 is such a successful way to run a team.

Schneider and Dipoto must meet up often on how to run mediocre franchises while the fans continue to eat out the palm of their hands.

Howell is a mediocre QB who turns the ball way to often and will sign with another team in a couple seasons. Same ol same ol
I disagree. I think Howell has serious "Brock Purdy" like potential to be a starter. His problem was first year starting issues and being on a crappy team. I am hopeful if so, we are the ones to get him developed into that starter, but until I see what kinda team we have under the new coaching, I don't know if we will be likely to be that team

Maulbert

Reaction score
Nice ........

Below is a copy and paste from >>>> https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/player/drew-brees-2131/career-stats

View attachment 65775

Disclaimer: Numbers can vary among stat sites.
One other thing I'd point out: Brees regressed in his second season as starter. This can be a perfectly normal career trajectory. It's just the quick success of a few guys has shortened the window people are willing to evaluate a QB. It'd be one thing if Howell was a complete dumpster fire like Zach Wilson has been. But he has had some good moments. It's worth something, anyway.

Also, because some idiot here will no doubt accuse me of saying Sam Howell is as good as Drew Brees, no, I'm not saying that, I never said that, and you know it. I just think Howell has potential to be more than a career backup.

Jville

Reaction score
One other thing I'd point out: Brees regressed in his second season as starter. This can be a perfectly normal career trajectory. It's just the quick success of a few guys has shortened the window people are willing to evaluate a QB. It'd be one thing if Howell was a complete dumpster fire like Zach Wilson has been. But he has had some good moments. It's worth something, anyway.

Also, because some idiot here will no doubt accuse me of saying Sam Howell is as good as Drew Brees, no, I'm not saying that, I never said that, and you know it. I just think Howell has potential to be more than a career backup.

Indeed, John Schneider certainly likes what he sees in Sam Howell.

............................................................................................................

As a side note, an open forum does avail itself to disingenuous posts and attacks. It's unfortunate that a lot message forums accommodate such noisy nonsense mixed in with useful content. Fortunately, they pretty much shine a telling light on themselves.

We'll just have to sort thru that nonsense for the time being. Nice that it self identifies.

WarHawks

Reaction score
If Howell turns out to be more than mediocre, great. Good for us. It's not an offront or a personal attack to look at his dubious track record and be skeptical however. There's a reason he was picked in the 5th round. Some here however, are very thin skinned and fly off the handle and swear angrily if you dare point out obvious facts. Homerism is great, but good grief. Stay classy people.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think we as fans should get too invested in Howell. He's a backup. If he rises above that somehow, great. But leopards don't change their spots. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
You don't know if he is a Leopard or a Lion or a Pussy Cat yet. He was looked at as a possible first rounder and high pick prior to his Junior year where the team was decimated with losses of players and he forced things much like in Washington. He is almost overly competitive to a detriment at this point, Much like Farve and Hass was.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Howell turns out to be more than mediocre, great. Good for us. It's not an offront or a personal attack to look at his dubious track record and be skeptical however. There's a reason he was picked in the 5th round. Some here however, are very thin skinned and fly off the handle and swear angrily if you dare point out obvious facts. Homerism is great, but good grief. Stay classy people.

View attachment 65796
Please tell us in depth why he was picked in the 5th, I know do you?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

You seem like you could use a hug.

Get over here you big lug.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Please tell us in depth why he was picked in the 5th, I know do you?
Poor decision making, inconsistent, slow, small hands, etc. Again, why is everyone getting so bent out of shape over pointing out his record and simple, objective facts? Let's try to be objective and keep our eyes open.