Rams Fan First Post

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Ramzfanz, you won't convince many with those numbers. I think Bradford is better than most on here, but he is unlikely to ever be as good as you are hoping.

Lets get away from stats. They assign too much credit/blame for a team sport. All you said in all those paragraphs was If my QB has great players and the right scheme, he could be above average. It isn't really a vote of confidence.

Bradford is an accurate QB with an need for a clean pocket. He has some panic to his game, when things around him begin to break down so does he. He was the QB of the Rams, but never asserted himself as such, kind of taking a back seat to Jackson.

Bradford finally has an OC for two consecutive years. He overcame his tendency to check down to an extent last year. He struggles a bit when playing with a lead, which isn't a great sign in a QB, since play action is his best friend in that situation. He must get better in the red zone. He is exceptional when throwing down the seams, that is his strength, especially hitting sit down routes vs zone coverage. He has yet to play well vs good defenses, even in games the Rams won last year. He can be baited by safeties with regularity. His body language can be less than inspiring.

More spread isn't going to be the boon to Bradford that Rams fans envision. Running a lot of smoke and bubble is probably more for integrating Tavon and Baily than for inspiring Bradford.

You have a good team with young talent, and a QB with both talent a little bit of wench to his game. He is far from inspiring, but it's hard to call him terrible as well. Even if you become a playoff team, there is just something about Bradford that says it will be him fans are blaming when they don't go as far as the overall talent level of the team says they should.

9rudy9

Reaction score
Jeff Fisher and that D line gave the Hawks all they'll wanted to handle last year. I am more concerned about the Rams than the 9'rs. Fisher would be a threat if he was coaching the worst team in the league.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Hard to talk about the Rams and not loop Bradford into the conversation. Fisher has all but built this offense around him. As Scottemojo intimated above should the Rams not make that next step this year I suspect it will be he that the Rams Fans turn on. That being said I like Bradford, but nothing I have seen from him in the last three seasons tells me he is an elite level QB and maybe that would be alright if you had a solid running game to balance things out. That is the biggest glaring hole I see there. Establish the run and then give Bradford time to sort things out and your team could be strong indeed.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Scottemojo":rby8xkk4 said:
All you said in all those paragraphs was If my QB has great players and the right scheme, he could be above average. It isn't really a vote of confidence.

Not at all. What I'm saying is that in a lousy scheme with lousy players, the perfect storm of lousy, against one of the toughest schedules last season, he still excelled.

I watch every Rams game so I see where you see panic in his game. What I see is one of the most sacked QB's in the NFL, with no one to throw to, wondering what the heck he's suppossed to do. You see him overcoming a tendency to check down and I see that he finally had a receiver in Givens that he could trust to catch the damn ball. So he threw to his primary more. A rookie record of 5 consecutive games with a 50+ yard reception.

Now he will have Givens, Cook, Kendricks and TA to confidently throw to and the strong possibility of Pettis, Quick, and/or Bailey emerging. He'll have several big red zone targets to throw to and a wily one underneath. That's when the "panic" and "tendency to check down" go away.

He'll never be mobile like Wilson or Kappy but last season his mobility was much better. He also doesn't seem very accurate on the run which is not a good thing when your O line has you on the run all the time.

You could be right. It could all be wishful thinking on my part and when he has a reasonable situation in which to shine, he won't. I doubt it though. All of the underlying stats and evidence and my gut instinct tell me he's about to move into the top 10.

If not, I'll be looking for a QB the Rams can draft in the first round in 2014.

The Radish

Reaction score
Well I would cheerfully offer Tarvaris Jackson to you right now. lol

Thanks for your honest appraisel of your own team.

:les:

RamzFanz

Reaction score
Does anyone think Wilson would have had more success on the Rams the last 3 seasons than Bradford? Would he have set all those records?

He's a very good QB as is evidenced by his success on a very good team. He wouldn't have to do it single handedly, SJ39 kicked in whopping 2.5 points per game he played.

Anyway, it's the most interesting team and division I've ever been a fan of. I think everyone is in for some excitement in the NFC-W this season.

Best of luck to the hawks (except week 8 and 17)!

And remember kids, you're never too young to hate the Niners.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's very mobile, a lot of what he did last year was because of his incredible ability to sense pressure, and to get out of pressure.

You're right about the Niners, F them, their Fans, their new Stadium, their Coach, and pretty much anything associated with that team.

RamzFanz

Reaction score
HawksFan5704":21eztztd said:
Something that hasn't been discussed here is the RUN game. If there is no solid run game, Bradford will be under duress ALOT. In a division where DL's and LB's are pretty good, no run game will make him lunch meat for opposing defenses...

Yep. The Rams' fans are stressing it on the run game. Lots of potential in the backfield but little hard evidence.

nsport

Reaction score
Still not sure why this is in the main forum?????? STL topic does not belong here.

drdiags

Reaction score
The OP came and introduced himself. Just as other fans have in the past. It has progressed into discussions about his team and may get moved but personally I don't see the need to move it yet. It does say "Rams Fan First Post", so no bait and switch going on.

I have a warm hatred spot for the Rams. They were the best in the West when the Seahawks came aboard and those games against them in the early-mid 2000's felt like what most feel about the 9ers. Bulger used to be a silent assassin with those weapons. Anyway, welcome to .NET. You will find some of your fellow Rams brothers/sisters come by from time-to-time. Used to see AvengerRam and the guys over here off and on back in the mid-2000's.

You will also find some of your oldest rival 9ers fans around. So you should be entertained and hopefully adding some yourself.

I tend to want to see results and not toot my horn before the party starts. Others like to get a lather going so expect a lot of talking points until we have proof on the field. Bradford wins that game against Whitehurst and the Rams make the playoffs, a lot of things would be different in the NFC West. He may or may not be above average (seems to do a good enough job to me, he had a chance to win here late).

Hold your end of the bargain up and kick those other divisions in the butt. Then we all can sweat bullets toward the end of the season.

vanillasuede

Reaction score
So glad the Rams traded for RG3 who may not be able to walk in 3 years let along still be in the NFL with all the risks he takes. People are going to find out how accurate Sam Bradford is this year. Give that OL about 4 weeks to jell and then once Bradford finally has time to throw everyone will finally see the real Sam Bradford.

Rams got the following players for RG3.

DT Michael Brockers (who will be all pro this year)
CB Janoris Jenkins (who will be all pro next year)
RB Isaiah Pead ( you will be hearing more from him this year )
WR Brian Quick ( you will be hearing more from him this year )
LB Alec Ogletree -rookie ( Will be an All Pro some day -write it down)
Safety Tim McDonald - rookie ( Big time contributor on day 1 - write it down)
2014 Redskins First round draft pick.

Add in all the other players the Rams have drafted with their normal picks over the past 2 years and now you know why they have risen so fast.

As Gil Brandt said so clearly - "The Rams committed highway robbery for that RG3 trade."

nsport

Reaction score
drdiags":2scfo4up said:
The OP came and introduced himself. Just as other fans have in the past. It has progressed into discussions about his team and may get moved but personally I don't see the need to move it yet. It does say "Rams Fan First Post", so no bait and switch going on.

I don't know... 3+ pages of Bradford discussion, now Rams draft picks. Hearty welcome to the STL guy but the rest of this thread is not topical to this forum.

Sac

Reaction score
No way Janoris Jenkins is All Pro in a conference with Richard Sherman AND Revis.

And Patrick Peterson

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
vanillasuede":wp526wqf said:
So glad the Rams traded for RG3 who may not be able to walk in 3 years let along still be in the NFL with all the risks he takes. People are going to find out how accurate Sam Bradford is this year. Give that OL about 4 weeks to jell and then once Bradford finally has time to throw everyone will finally see the real Sam Bradford.

Rams got the following players for RG3.

DT Michael Brockers (who will be all pro this year)
CB Janoris Jenkins (who will be all pro next year)
RB Isaiah Pead ( you will be hearing more from him this year )
WR Brian Quick ( you will be hearing more from him this year )
LB Alec Ogletree -rookie ( Will be an All Pro some day -write it down)
Safety Tim McDonald - rookie ( Big time contributor on day 1 - write it down)
2014 Redskins First round draft pick.

Add in all the other players the Rams have drafted with their normal picks over the past 2 years and now you know why they have risen so fast.

As Gil Brandt said so clearly - "The Rams committed highway robbery for that RG3 trade."

Wow, drafting all pros so easily is impressive. No wonder Rams fans are so high on the team and the front office. I mean, we're just happy around here when we get consistent solid starters with picks; I can't imagine having the perfect regime. How many Super Bowls do you think you're going to win? 3, 4...8?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's put Sam Bradford in perspective in terms of his value to the Rams for what they're paying him. Here are the top 5 quarterbacks based on the highest base salaries:

Peyton Manning: $15,000,000
Eli Manning: $13,000,000
Philip Rivers: $12,000,000
Drew Brees: $9,750,000
Sam Bradford: $9,000,000

LOL! Congrats, the only top-5 list Bradford will ever make in the NFL. Talk about a waste of money for what you're getting in return.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bradford can't help it that he came in a year before the rookie wage scale. I would think he would look a lot better making 4 million or so a year as do current number 1 picks from their rookie contracts.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1qopu3je said:
Bradford can't help it that he came in a year before the rookie wage scale.

Oh, please. Bradford could agree to restructuring his contract to help his team if he wanted to. You think the Rams haven't tried behind closed doors? What's his excuse, "Tom Brady did it, but I'm better than him, so no, I won't restructure"?

This is tantamount to the Rams paying $1,000/mo for a lease on a 4-year-old Ford Taurus. It doesn't make the Taurus a pile of crap, but for what you're paying, you want to get rid of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3k1c0311 said:
KCHawkGirl":3k1c0311 said:
Bradford can't help it that he came in a year before the rookie wage scale.

Oh, please. Bradford could agree to restructuring his contract to help his team if he wanted to. You think the Rams haven't tried behind closed doors? What's his excuse, "Tom Brady did it, but I'm better than him, so no, I won't restructure"?

This is tantamount to the Rams paying $1,000/mo for a lease on a 4-year-old Ford Taurus. It doesn't make the Taurus a pile of crap, but for what you're paying, you want to get rid of it.
He could but would you in his position? No argument that he is heinously overpaid though.

drdiags

Reaction score
nsport":1favyk0k said:
drdiags":1favyk0k said:

I don't know... 3+ pages of Bradford discussion, now Rams draft picks. Hearty welcome to the STL guy but the rest of this thread is not topical to this forum.

A few months back a 9ers fan posted a similar first post and it got to double digits pages. There were the usual Kaep quotes and other discussions about their draft, etc. It eventually got moved to the NFL Forum.

I think what happens during the regular season will be interesting. The backlash has been anticipated but I suspect fans will become a little more hostile when it all counts. I promised not to play forum cop and to let the mods do what they know works for the forum. Just trying to be devil's advocate here.

I would like for all non-Seahawks topics to go into the NFL forum, but folks have their own habits and I have no authority. I suspect this will get moved once the initial responses have slowed.

Latest posts