Rams lose!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2tve6bpj said:
Yeah, I see a close loss for the Hawks on Sunday, but then a nice win over the Pack next Thursday. Hawks are def. a team who can play with anyone, but are still young and trying to get it all together. Gonna' be up and down all year. As much as I rag on the Rams, they are damn good. I just don't think they are some automatic Super Bowl winner like so many.

At this point I want a playoff win. We haven't had a playoff win since 2004/2005 season. I definitely don't think we're an automatic super bowl winner. I think we *can* beat the Saints, but they can obviously beat us too as they just did. Same for the Chiefs and the Patriots.

But I will be shocked if the game is close Sunday. Rams were already going to be pissed because of how much Seattle ran the ball down our throats - now we're coming off a loss too? I imagine the Rams will win by at least 17 on Sunday.

SF49r

Reaction score
I thought rams got screwed on that fake FG that was definitely a first down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks RARELY get blown out since Pete has been here. It just doesn't happen. Sure it could, but I think you're underestimating the Hawks. And that's fine.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SF49r":1n12hdss said:
I thought rams got screwed on that fake FG that was definitely a first down.

Rams fell to 0-7 when that head official refs a Rams game since 2006.

We were obviously bad during a large stretch of that, so it could just be a coincidence.

RedAlice

Reaction score
El Caliente":ki6qluek said:
Whoa whoah whoah! Our defense might not be world beaters, but today we shut down Todd Gurley, and we showed that our offense is better than their offense (and our defense is better than their defense).

It’s fun times right now in New Orleans (not so much in Baton Rouge), and this win is going to spring board the Saints to a different level going forward. More confidence. More trust in the system. Young players are earning their stripes. Great times.

Fun times for sure!

In NOLA and LA. It must be said that fun times are better had in Nola, but that is beside the point.

nice win Saints fan!

RedAlice

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":8x2ecva2 said:
Hawks RARELY get blown out since Pete has been here. It just doesn't happen. Sure it could, but I think you're underestimating the Hawks. And that's fine.

I would never underestimate the Hawks. But, you are saying here you have no blow-outs under Pete?

curious about that.

RedAlice

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2thkgdup said:

Blow outs under Pete.

2017. LAR 42 -7. -35
2016 Pack 38 - 10 - 28
2016 Atl 36 -20 -16

Plus much more in earlier years.

2010 giants 41-7. - 38

It’s not a small list. I just don’t want to type it all.
There is plenty.

No one is underestimating the Hawks. Maybe you are underestimating your opponents.

Eta: forgot your statement that it just doesn’t happen. Facts show else. Lots of them.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Ramfan128":7lyuclqs said:
El Caliente":7lyuclqs said:
Whoa whoah whoah! Our defense might not be world beaters, but today we shut down Todd Gurley, and we showed that our offense is better than their offense (and our defense is better than their defense).

It’s fun times right now in New Orleans (not so much in Baton Rouge), and this win is going to spring board the Saints to a different level going forward. More confidence. More trust in the system. Young players are earning their stripes. Great times.

That's what you took away from that game?

Look, great game. And if I were a Saints fan I'd probably feel the same I guess..

But these offenses were nearly identical. Rams had more yards per play, both had about the same amount of total yards. Saints executed better in the redzone.

As for the defenses - worst first half I've ever seen. But the Rams made stops and held the Saints to 3 points in the 2nd half until the big play, and the Saints didn't get inside the Rams 30 yard line until that TD.

Obviously I was expecting this to be a toss up and a game the Rams could easily lose - which we did. When it was 35-14 I was concerned. But when it was 38-35 and we had the ball late in the fourth quarter, those concerns went away.

That 2nd quarter was an absolute nightmare - and yet somehow the Rams had the ball with a chance to take the lead - and even on that possession, as Aikman pointed out, we had open WRs and Goff just blew it. This game showed me that Brees is better than Goff - but we already knew that.

This was a close game in New Orleans - which everyone says is one of the toughest places to play - where the Rams faced some crazy adversity from a poorly played 2nd quarter - and yet they had the ball with a chance to drive down and win the game. If anything, that tells me that the Rams are better than the Saints on a neutral field - which is where this game would be played in LA.

And even though the Rams defense played awful in the first half, it's still better than the Saints IMO. Offense is closer to a toss up, but I'd still take the Rams. One game doesn't change that - after all, I doubt you think the Bucs offense and defense is better than the Saints, and they went into New Orleans and won in week 1.

Great game. Hope to see it again in January.

Identical? I'd say the Saints have the better QB and the Rams have the better RB and WRs. But Brees is so good it makes the offenses even. Note this is coming from a long time Goff fan. But Brees is the underrated GOAT.

NINEster

Reaction score
El Caliente":3ermaaju said:

Prove it on a neutral field, especially grass, and then the claim can be made.

NINEster

Reaction score
RedAlice":36tzp78v said:
SoulfishHawk":36tzp78v said:

Blow outs under Pete.

2017. LAR 42 -7. -35
2016 Pack 38 - 10 - 28
2016 Atl 36 -20 -16

Plus much more in earlier years.

2010 giants 41-7. - 38

It’s not a small list. I just don’t want to type it all.
There is plenty.

No one is underestimating the Hawks. Maybe you are underestimating your opponents.

Eta: forgot your statement that it just doesn’t happen. Facts show else. Lots of them.

2010 49ers 40-21 - 19

NINEster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36nxz0w0 said:
Yeah, I see a close loss for the Hawks on Sunday, but then a nice win over the Pack next Thursday. Hawks are def. a team who can play with anyone, but are still young and trying to get it all together. Gonna' be up and down all year. As much as I rag on the Rams, they are damn good. I just don't think they are some automatic Super Bowl winner like so many.

Rams could use less offense in exchange for more defense.

Otherwise, I see another early round exit like Atlanta last year.