Rams moving to Los Angeles - Implications for Hawks

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":31r6b3xf said:
There's a train of thought out there that Kroenke has kept Fisher around so long because he didn't dare get a good coach who could screw up his plans for relocation with too many pesky wins. Now that the move is official, I would have to think Fisher has outlived his usefulness and will probably be gone after next season, if not sooner.

Fisher being fired, when it eventually goes down, might help Seattle in the short term about as much as the lack of a 10am start.

And the 10am start thing is pretty huge. Russell Wilson is 6-3 in NFC West road games not played at 10am, and if you exclude the first half of his rookie year he's 6-1 in those games.
Agree about Coach 7-9. Kroenke's gonna want to win fairly quickly to build a solid fanbase and he likely already recognizes Dirty Jeff ain't the guy to get it done.

OP
OP
TDOTSEAHAWK

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
kearly":121jur1o said:
There's a train of thought out there that Kroenke has kept Fisher around so long because he didn't dare get a good coach who could screw up his plans for relocation with too many pesky wins.

Maybe Fisher should have done this with Kroenke:

[youtube]XDZ_lSJjgvk[/youtube]

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
The only thing that concerns me is tinfoil hatish, but do you guys think the NFL would be wanting a winner there so badly that they would do what is in their power to make that happen? This of course would be through officiating. I'm still convinced the NFL gave the Saints a nudge in winning the 2009 Super Bowl as psychological relief from Katrina.

minormillikin

Reaction score
I actually think it's a shame that ST Louis doesn't have an NFL team anymore. I was actually pretty impressed with how nice a lot of the town was when I visited in week one. Lots of great downtown areas to walk around with great architecture everywhere, museums, great restaurants (particularly bbq), etc... The location of the dome was pretty good, right near the baseball stadium and the arch.

Funny thought I had about the dome while inside was that it was what the King Dome would be like if it was still around. It was really run-down, and they definitely needed an upgrade, but it's too bad that instead of a new stadium they'll get a big empty eyesore with no team, or maybe a parking garage.

On the outskirts of town there were definitely some grim areas, with abandoned burned out buildings, but according to locals it was really a town on the rebound and losing the rams is a big step backward.

Oh well, they still have the Cards and the Blues.

Mick063

Reaction score
I am just a LA Rams fan. Never thought they should have left.

My favorite team as a kid. That was back in the 3- channel TV era when I had the viewing choice of 49ers or Rams, while living in Washington State, every stinking week.

Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Wendell Tucker, Les Josephson, Myron Pottios, Jack Pardee, Deacon Jones, Lamar Lundy, Rosy Grier, and Merlin Olsen. Head coach George Allen. Loved the uniforms when they were just blue and white. Hated it when they put yellow in the scheme. Their latest uniforms, with real gold, just look hideous to me. Far and away, the worst looking uniforms in the league.

To be right, the LA Rams must retro the uniforms back to the LA time period.

seahawksny

Reaction score
The year we won the super bowl, we beat them I believe 14-9. The game when Tate was flagged for taunting , and last play of game fell incomplete in end zone to seal it.

If I'm not mistaken. There were ticks available for RIDICULOUS pricing like 10.00 each because the Cardinals had game in series at same time. I don't care how successful your cardinals are, there is no way an NFL TEam can profit selling ticks at those prices

For those who mentioned that st Louis has twice the population as KC, it doesn't matter because that is an indication that that City was ruled by the Cardinals and couldn't support the Rams

Steve2222

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":o1a43dl4 said:
The only thing that concerns me is tinfoil hatish, but do you guys think the NFL would be wanting a winner there so badly that they would do what is in their power to make that happen? This of course would be through officiating. I'm still convinced the NFL gave the Saints a nudge in winning the 2009 Super Bowl as psychological relief from Katrina.

You can't be serious? So the NFL told Brett Farve to take the NFCCG to OT and throw a costly INT and for the Colts to let the Saints recover a surprise onside kick and Peyton Manning to throw a game sealing pick six in the SB?

Largent80

Reaction score
Glad they are moving back and never should have left. Ship the Cards back to St. Louis and keep SD where they are.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Already find myself hoping we play road games back to back in Santa Clara and LA.. would make a nice road trip/week vacation with those games book ending it.

AVL

Reaction score
Anything to lessen the obsessing about early games is great!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Vetamur":3sgkgkdw said:
Already find myself hoping we play road games back to back in Santa Clara and LA.. would make a nice road trip/week vacation with those games book ending it.
Good thought.

Maybe get the Rams game first, perhaps in late September (nice time of year), get a rental and drive up to SF area, taking in all the sights like Highway 101 along the coast, drive inland to see Yosemite, and then head north of SF to the Napa/Somona wineries. Maybe even drive further north and take in Redwood National Park.

Yeah, I could definitely see doing that, especially since I'll be retiring June 1st of this year.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":36o386a0 said:
Siouxhawk":36o386a0 said:

You can't be serious? So the NFL told Brett Farve to take the NFCCG to OT and throw a costly INT and for the Colts to let the Saints recover a surprise onside kick and Peyton Manning to throw a game sealing pick six in the SB?

It is kind of weird how after 9/11 the "patriots" win a few superbowls and then a few years after Katrina the Saints win the superbowl. That Saints Vikings game came down to the Vikings turning the ball over 4-5 times along with questionable calls and aiming to injure favre out of the game.

As a Viking fan also that superbowl win by the Saints pissed me off because of how bad of a franchise the saints are and how they somehow have a superbowl win when the Vikings have none.

#1- Saints joined the nfl in 1967. Their first playoff game was in 1987 and in their first 20 years they only had two seasons over .500. That is garbage and mediocrity.

#2- Before their superbowl run in 2009, the saints were 2-8 in the playoffs with their first playoff win coming in 2000 against the Rams...yes you read that right...It took the Saints 33 years to win one playoff game. A franchise like that doesnt deserve to win a superbowl over the vikings.

#3- Saints currently now have 16 playoff games in their history and are now 7-9 in the playoffs...almost HALF of their total playoff wins in their entire history came during their superbowl run...that is pathetic for a team that has been in the league 40+ years.

By contrast, Seahawks have been in 28 playoff games, went to 3 superbowls and have a 15-13 playoff record. Vikings have been in 47 playoff games, going 19-28 with 4 superbowl losses.

Wilson himself has won as many playoff games as the Saints have as a franchise :lol:

crosfam

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":jc9xampx said:
kearly":jc9xampx said:
There's a train of thought out there that Kroenke has kept Fisher around so long because he didn't dare get a good coach who could screw up his plans for relocation with too many pesky wins. Now that the move is official, I would have to think Fisher has outlived his usefulness and will probably be gone after next season, if not sooner.

Fisher being fired, when it eventually goes down, might help Seattle in the short term about as much as the lack of a 10am start.

And the 10am start thing is pretty huge. Russell Wilson is 6-3 in NFC West road games not played at 10am, and if you exclude the first half of his rookie year he's 6-1 in those games.
Agree about Coach 7-9. Kroenke's gonna want to win fairly quickly to build a solid fanbase and he likely already recognizes Dirty Jeff ain't the guy to get it done.

Two words: David Shaw.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Additional implications: 49ers and Rams will suddenly reap dramatic travel distance savings. Two meetings per year round trip will go from about 6,400 miles down to about 1,400 miles, per team. Also, imagine three or four consecutive weeks of California-only travel by one or both teams, say the Inglewood Rams: Week 5, travel to San Fran; Week 6, host Raiders; Week 7, host San Fran. (Not that a number of other teams haven't had similarly cushy travel schedules in the past, what with Browns, Bengals, Bears, Packers, Colts, Vikings, etc. clustered relatively close to each other.) Probably won't affect Seahawks much (via "the other team is better prepared and well rested/recovered because of minimal travel the last couple weeks"), but it does benefit the Rams and 49ers the most.

francois.nc

Reaction score
It's sounds like you guys don't want to be in AFC, why not, isn't that where it all started for you, not sure why you wouldn't want to be back in there.

themunn

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1e0tw3jc said:
Then Miami should be the best team in the league.

Ability to attract doesn't necessarily mean finding the best. For such a poor team, Miami have a fairly solid track record of attracting big name free agents though.

francois.nc

Reaction score
Ruminator":3uot7sj5 said:
francois.nc":3uot7sj5 said:
It's sounds like you guys don't want to be in AFC, why not, isn't that where it all started for you, not sure why you wouldn't want to be back in there.

What!? In the Seahawks' first year of existence, 1976, they were an NFC West team.

Learn about them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks
Sorry didn't realize you played one year in the NFC west before almost 30 years in the AFC west...

My bad

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only implication is............................road trip!

St. Louis was already a terrible home field advantage, now it's back to LA where it'll be even WORSE. LA Rams fans should be expecting 12's to descend on their stadium like the 7th sign of the apocalypse.

Latest posts