Rams moving to Los Angeles - Implications for Hawks

fenderbender123

Reaction score
francois.nc":a2nzqor2 said:
It's sounds like you guys don't want to be in AFC, why not, isn't that where it all started for you, not sure why you wouldn't want to be back in there.

I don't want to be that NFL team that keeps getting moved from the NFC to the AFC and back. I want my team to be established and build tradition and establish long-time rivals within a division.

coach78

Reaction score
I'm a Southern Cal transplant. Thinking about buying season tickets - sell the other 7 games and get to go to the Seahawks game for free (ish). Not sure how easy this would be, but would think with all of the different allegiances in the LA area, should be enough demand to sell the tickets without too much difficulty.

Largent80

Reaction score
Trust me, I lived in L.A. as a kid and even when the Rams had all those good teams in the 70's the colessium was half empty. I moved back in 2011 and immediately found a gigantic Seahawkers club in Culver City. And the game last year in SD was at least 50-50 Hawks fans.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":35miy6dk said:
Siouxhawk":35miy6dk said:
The only thing that concerns me is tinfoil hatish, but do you guys think the NFL would be wanting a winner there so badly that they would do what is in their power to make that happen? This of course would be through officiating. I'm still convinced the NFL gave the Saints a nudge in winning the 2009 Super Bowl as psychological relief from Katrina.

You can't be serious? So the NFL told Brett Farve to take the NFCCG to OT and throw a costly INT and for the Colts to let the Saints recover a surprise onside kick and Peyton Manning to throw a game sealing pick six in the SB?
I definitely think the NFL would do anything it can get away with to make money. What better way to ensure season tickets are bought in the L.A. market than to field a championship team? What holds me back here, of course, is that Paul Allen holds a 1/32 share in those plans to instantly create a thriving market that would make him more money, but I believe he has his heart invested in the Hawks and wouldn't agree to that. By the way, there were 2 owners who dissented to the Rams move. Anyone know who they were?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":2pufmgy1 said:
Trust me, I lived in L.A. as a kid and even when the Rams had all those good teams in the 70's the colessium was half empty. I moved back in 2011 and immediately found a gigantic Seahawkers club in Culver City. And the game last year in SD was at least 50-50 Hawks fans.

Yep.

I think the Rams will get a nice bump the first year or two, then the first year in their new stadium.

But LA is a terrible sports town for the most part. It's gotten better of late with the success of the Clippers, and the Lakers do well. But for football? When has LA ever been a great home field advantage for their football teams? My parents use to drive or fly us down to LA for Hawk games in the Coliseum every other year or so and it'd be half empty with thousands of Hawk fans.

I expect no different once the new shine wears off the Rams returning.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Super happy it is only a 2 hour flight now. However it is now easier to pitch LA to free agents over St Louis

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkMeat":ualet0iv said:
Super happy it is only a 2 hour flight now. However it is now easier to pitch LA to free agents over St Louis

Not so fast my friend.

Bruce Irvin tweeted out last night after the announcement "But those taxes tho." So even literally hours after the announcement our own player gives us the insight into what players think about LA. Yeah awesome, but next to NY the highest income tax rates in the country.

So if LA fans think free agents are going to be pulling hammies to get to LA, they're wrong. Players want two things, in this order;

1. Money
2. Winner

The Rams still have neither.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
Yeah, taxes are a big deal for all pro athletes & coaches as they should be. If money on the table is about the same as what other team is offering (after taxes), then I can see it being an advantage for the Rams. Basically, it's all about money at the end of the day.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":7adv7q9v said:
The only thing that concerns me is tinfoil hatish, but do you guys think the NFL would be wanting a winner there so badly that they would do what is in their power to make that happen? This of course would be through officiating. I'm still convinced the NFL gave the Saints a nudge in winning the 2009 Super Bowl as psychological relief from Katrina.

The number of moronic conspiracy theories in this forum is too damn high.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
seahawksny":2pro4b86 said:
The year we won the super bowl, we beat them I believe 14-9. The game when Tate was flagged for taunting , and last play of game fell incomplete in end zone to seal it.

If I'm not mistaken. There were ticks available for RIDICULOUS pricing like 10.00 each because the Cardinals had game in series at same time. I don't care how successful your cardinals are, there is no way an NFL TEam can profit selling ticks at those prices

For those who mentioned that st Louis has twice the population as KC, it doesn't matter because that is an indication that that City was ruled by the Cardinals and couldn't support the Rams

FWIW game was played opposite a Cardinals World Series game in St Louis.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":36e204b6 said:
Siouxhawk":36e204b6 said:

To be fair, you are talking about the biggest Bevell apologist on the board.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The biggest impact...

ROAD TRIPS TO SEE GAMES IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Boom84

Reaction score
fenderbender123":18743qti said:
francois.nc":18743qti said:
It's sounds like you guys don't want to be in AFC, why not, isn't that where it all started for you, not sure why you wouldn't want to be back in there.

I don't want to be that NFL team that keeps getting moved from the NFC to the AFC and back. I want my team to be established and build tradition and establish long-time rivals within a division.

Agreed. Further I like the idea of the Seahawks extending their dominance of the present division (127-82, 7 division titles, 3 conference titles, 1 Super Bowl Championship since 2002).

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
thebanjodude":233owg1r said:
Seahawks1983":233owg1r said:
Siouxhawk":233owg1r said:

To be fair, you are talking about the biggest Bevell apologist on the board.
And it appears my belief in him has proven correct, isn't that right wise guy?

zhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2jnichjb said:

Didn't the giants also win after 911? :stirthepot:

zhawk

Reaction score
Boom84":21v01ys6 said:
fenderbender123":21v01ys6 said:
francois.nc":21v01ys6 said:

Agreed. Further I like the idea of the Seahawks extending their dominance of the present division (127-82, 7 division titles, 3 conference titles, 1 Super Bowl Championship since 2002).

Actually it all started in the NFC when we came in with the Bucs.

taco40

Reaction score
Selfish relief. One less 10AM game. Ack. Thoroughly dislike them. Put them at 4:30 Eastern and highlight the East coast team to draw in viewers from both coasts.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Guys, this is the NFL, and the NFL is run by Roger Goodell, and Goodell needs to keep his East Coast cronies happy. So a new scheduling rule will be implemented to help lessen the burden on those poor East Coast teams who are already at a disadvantage due to the unfairly long travel to the West Coast. All West Coast games that feature a team from the Eastern Time Zone will be given a 1pm ET start time so as not to upset the delicate internal clocks of the visitors.

Subzero717

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1iyz1g5y said:
Los Angeles will attract more free agents to the rams than St. Louis did.
Football isnt like basketball in the regard. Plus Ca income is downright dumb.

Latest posts