Rams Quinn needs a big time fine cheap shot on RW

chris98251

Reaction score
kamikazehawk":1gbtm534 said:
chris98251":1gbtm534 said:
kamikazehawk":1gbtm534 said:
Isn't this the play where they had P.I., Unnecessary Roughness, and Roughing the passer in the same play? Those of you saying it is legal are out of touch. It is certainly illegal to make contact with the QB's head. Period. End of discussion. If you want to argue that it happens in football all the time and shouldn't be a fine gor right ahead. But if you go high and hit the QB in the head especially when leading with your helmet. If our Clemons hit someone like this you should expect a flag. By rule this is a penalty.

Where did he hit him in the head? Across the back of the neck maybe, where is the leading with the Helmet?

Wilson is Shoulder pad high with his head on most players, they are going to look the other direction a lot unless it is deemed with intent or a hand to the helmet outright. Get used to it, what you get when your QB is 5'10" and D Lineman are 6'2" to 6'7" along with having a a dragstrip open to your QB.

Unfortunately the rule book doesn't have any height exceptions. The rule is if you hit the QB in the helmet with any part of your body or helmet it is roughing the passer. If you want to argue that he didn't hit his head, that's fine. I think its clear he does, the referee called the penalty for it. He obviously agrees with me.

My poiunt is I don't think it was a penalty, I also thing bitching about incidental contact on a ban bang play is whineing, and lastly his height was the casue of the contact being what it was, I am saying the refs are not going to call things as frequent on a guy that is the height of Wilson, thats like saying a forward in Basketball has to watch where he goes as not to elbow Nate Robinson in the head. Ever watch Doug Flutie Play he took a lot of incedental contacts as well.

OrFan

Reaction score
Legal hit, no problem there.

McQ should try going back and to the side to try to get in front of the rusher instead of diving sideways after he is already gone. If he shuffles back and then to the side he could have routed him around the back of Wilson.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear he tries to deliver a blow to Wilson's head.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Here is a better angle. He had plenty of time to let up IMO. He received a penalty on the play but it was declined because their was also pass interference.

image.php

kamikazehawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":37j6sb57 said:
Here is a better angle. He had plenty of time to let up IMO. He received a penalty on the play but it was declined because their was also pass interference.

image.php

I'd like to think this angle clears it up for everyone, but I'm sure a few will still try to make a case.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3ilj5eud said:
The ball was thrown. He intentionally hit him in the head. There's not even an attempt to tackle he had one goal to hit hit him in the head....
He was careful NOT to hit Wilson in the head with his hand, so not everyone here sees a problem with it.
But those that don't study this and SEE the forearm smash at the helmet, and are okay with Quinn bending the rule and getting away with it, are some of the same people around here that think Tate was being an asshole?????????????
PS. Tate could very likely get fined for doing the wavey while Quinn will NOT, and neither will the guy that dove on top of Wilson AFTER he was down, because the Officials weren't watching all the penalty plays that the Rams Defense was commiting for the whole game.
It's one thing to play hard, and physical, it's quite another to play dirty football.
Payback is a bitch ,and now they have to come to Seattle and play a healthier, better O-Line, so it's not going to be as easy to pull off the same crap.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Nice angle. Like I said before, typical NFL cheapo. Y'know, there's room to dial back on this type of stuff and still have a tough, violent and even brutal football league. It could be done.

P.S. Nice elbow drop from the NT onto Unger as well, lol.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
The side of Quinns helmet hits Wilson in the Helmet. Should be a fine, if you compare it to the fines that Tate got for Lee and the earlier one this year. Wilsons back is turned, Quinn took (2) steps and did helmet to helmet to a defenseless QB (back turned) need to be consistent on the fines.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Guardian":3skp3jhs said:
Let's think about it this way; if Irvin did exactly the same play, should he be fined?
I'll answer the question, yes, it was an intentional dirty play and got called as such.
It doesn't matter who performs a dirty play, it's a dirty play all the same, and a fine is the right action for doing it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
essonto":3eq1s3p0 said:
Man, McQ looks like a sack of fertilizer out there, waaaayyyyy overmatched. I would rather see a rookie give it a shot.

My question is why on earth Unger and Carp were double-teaming the DT (Brockers) when Quinn was turnstiling around McQuistan all freaking day! Does Unger call those protections?
Because Unger can't play two positions at once, and that's why the Rams designed those plays exactly that way.
At least Watt had the dangle to do it fast and hard, and not play the game as dirty as Quinn does.
IF I had my choice between wanting either of these guys on my team?, it's Watt, hands down Watt, no doubts.

bryantology79

Reaction score
so ET's hit on tannehill last year should be legal too. he didnt even take one step cause he was in mid air. well he got fined $15K cause he touched tannehill's helmet, so quinn should as well.

too many ticky tack rules now and they just look stupid trying to explain them.