Rams Quinn needs a big time fine cheap shot on RW

Terpdragon

Reaction score
He launched himself at Russell after the ball was released. Looked to launch after the ball was released not before released

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Helmet to helmet on a QB in the act of passing. There is nothing else to talk about.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Rams were playing dirty all night, trying to intentionally injure our players. This is the equivalent of Clemons going helmet-first into Stacy's or Austin's knees. If I was Cable, I'd start calling cut blocks on these DEs on every down and run at them. Fuggit. You wanna play dirty, we can play dirty too. Let's see how they feel when they're carting Quinn off the field with a torn ACL after a legal cut block. On principle, I don't wish injury on any player, but seeing Quinn intentionally trying to concuss Wilson? Screw him. End his season. We need to start letting people know you aren't going to cheap-shot Russell and get away with it.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
bigtrain21":4hdlxj0l said:
fenderbender123":4hdlxj0l said:
Quinn only took one step after the ball was thrown making it legal.

Here's a link for an explanation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... a-late-hit

He took a step and leaped towards him. I didn't see any discussion of that specific hit on the link you provided.

Not the same play, but I don't see how it's much different than the one they showed with Matt Ryan. I guess if it's helmet to helmet...but I honestly don't see where he's making contact with the helmet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":10q5sjc6 said:
bigtrain21":10q5sjc6 said:
fenderbender123":10q5sjc6 said:
Quinn only took one step after the ball was thrown making it legal.

Here's a link for an explanation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... a-late-hit

He took a step and leaped towards him. I didn't see any discussion of that specific hit on the link you provided.

Not the same play, but I don't see how it's much different than the one they showed with Matt Ryan. I guess if it's helmet to helmet...but I honestly don't see where he's making contact with the helmet.
Really?, just watch where Quinns helmet gets jarred to his left when he makes contact with the back of Wilsons helmet.
Watch it in slow-mo and it removes any doubts.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1ugp7uo8 said:
The ball was thrown. He intentionally hit him in the head. There's not even an attempt to tackle he had one goal to hit hit him in the head....

To me it looks like Quinn is about to go for a strip-sack right as Russ lets it go. Didn't look cheap to me at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
You have the slow motion Gifs and thats fine for disection, now go regular speed and watch the time difference isn't as dramatic as we see slow motion. I do see the incidental Helmet contact, I think sice it appears to be sideof the helmet instead of crown the effect isn't ass noticable at full speed. I also see he was making a ball swat.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Only Russell did not have the ball so the "strip sack" move was actually a tomahawk to the head.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
LOL at all of you looking at a slow motion gif and saying shit like "he had plenty of time to let up". I think it was clearly clean because Quinn batted his hand right near where Wilson had the football raised very quickly after Russell threw it. He was clearly trying to bat the ball.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
A lot of valid points that just don't matter. helmet to helmet doesn't care if it was an attempted strip sack, if he had time, or even if the offensive player ducked into the hit.

Helmet to helmet on a QB who is not a runner=15 yard penalty. Even a hand to his helmet is 15 yards. As for a fine, if Earl can be fined for what he did to Tannehill, why not this hit? Earl didn't have bad intent either.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I have looked at this several times and I think he had time to make it just a bump like Farwell on Austin the flopper rather than swatting Wilson on the head.

Hawks46

Reaction score
nsport":su38deuu said:
Looks fine to me - he went high but didn't blow him up like he could have, nor did he go for the head. There was another play where Wilson got sacked, then another guy came and plowed him when he was already down, however. I would like to see a fine on that play.

I don't know about a fine, but a flag would've been nice. After all the crap I've seen thrown at us over the years, I just want it to be consistent.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Terpdragon":26lnwpc2 said:
He launched himself at Russell after the ball was released. Looked to launch after the ball was released not before released

You do realize that was about .75 seconds.

And no helmet to helmet, he chopped down over RW's shoulder.