RAMs take a hit.

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":1e0am6kz said:
HoustonHawk82":1e0am6kz said:
Question:

When you guys look for stats that are slightly outside the main stuff, which source(s) do you look to?

Like specific penalties, YAC on catches outside the numbers, et. al.
For fact-based stats, (i.e., not ratings/rankings) Pro Football Focus ($27/year subscription required) is a great source. Their ratings really aren't worth much since some are wildly off and their criteria for ranking certain positions is asinine, but they have a lot of fact-based information that has no bias in it which is quite useful. Football Outsiders has a fair bit of that as well, ($40ish/year) but they are the ONE and only source that has an actual ranking/rating system (DVOA) that is damned accurate, overall. I've loved it for years, as has Kearly. (Hope you don't mind me using your name to lend some extra credibility to DVOA, Kip.)

Nothing that's free then?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":23s40qyi said:
I am long in the tooth.

Tell you what, I'm not going to finish this long list of repairs unless I get away from this computer and help out the folks that have been waiting so long for me to take away their long-time auto woes. I just can't make them wait any longer, as they long for my help.

So long.

I guess that's the long and short of it. Unfortunate that injuries happen, I'd like to see the Seahawks beat teams at full strength. It's so much more enjoyable. No doubt the Seahawks can. But it is what it is.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2bu5tsqq said:
Nothing that's free then?
What's free is publicly viewable on their websites. Not much at PFF, but a fair amount at Football Outsiders. Go browse around. That being said, I'm going to write here what my high school American History teacher used to write on every test:

TANSTAAFL

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RedAlice":2lqvzt03 said:
Scottemojo":2lqvzt03 said:
Long has never missed a game til now. Shit happens.

The lack of discipline on that squad is astounding, though.

I have to agree w the second comment. I feel less bothered by the injuries, and moreso by the penalties and lack of discipline. Rams need to figure that out regardless of who is healthy or not.

I have a hunch this will ultimately play out to your favor, Alice. The Hawks won't be getting dethroned any time soon (within the next couple years, at least). And should the unthinkable happen, I suspect it won't be the Rams that unseat us. Not only is that our window, it's also a window for your Rams and Zona to solidify (and groom) their rosters. A lack of discipline is always a concern, but playing without key players oft times leads to trying too hard which sometimes coincides with a lack of discipline.

If I were a Rams fan, at this point, I'd only have one thing on my mind and that would be Marcus Mariota. Mariota is not the demonstrative type like a Marino, but he leads through example and I have no doubt his team mates will follow his lead once they know they have a QB that can put the team on his shoulders and win football games. I think the future looks very bright for your Rams, especially if they suck this year. And yes, as a Hawk fan, it concerns me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ca0fh0o said:
I love how $27/year is "all that money"...Geez, Mizzou.
Depends on one's circumstances. Either way it's a waste of money for myself given I can get the information from more knowledgable people for free.

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":1ca65hjm said:
I love how $27/year is "all that money"...Geez, Mizzou.

In Mizzou's defense, that is the equivalent of four bottles of Boones Farm.