Random Thoughts™ on the 49ers playoff game

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mikeak":3aiw2714 said:
hawksfansinceday1":3aiw2714 said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":3aiw2714 said:
Can someone explain to me why the Bowman recovered fumble could not be reviewed? Thanks in advance.
Kearse was called down by contact (incorrectly). Ends the play right there. Heard the rules committee will review that and may change it.

No. What was said is that you cannot review which team recovers a fumble. You can review IF it is a fumble but not who recovers.

Seattle was ruled to recover as Bowman lost the ball after having possession (they didn't see him holding the ball)

The reason is that it is mainly a big pile if people and it would be so hard to determine. They go with who was called in the field. They will now change it to clarify something along the lines if if a player eatables clear possession without being in the pile if people :)
Oh OK, thanks.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
kearly":38ppmeyl said:
You know how Tate caught that one pass for a HUGE conversion, then ran backwards like 4 yards to give it up for no reason, then flubbed his way ahead four yards again to get the first down again? That play was the Seahawks 2013 season in a nutshell. The Seahawks are winners, but man they find a lot of weird ways to win football games sometimes.

However, it could have been an amazing 2nd effort by Tate, had his teammate (Miller?) not run into him, almost tackling him and was blocking defenders out of the way on the right side because Tate had daylight.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Russell talked about the 4th down pass in his interview after the game. The play they drew up was a short route, but Wilson told them in the huddle that he was going to try a Double Count and throw it deep if they went offsides. He did the double count, the 49ers bit and went offsides, and then he threw it up and Kearse made a fantastic play coming down with it.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1d21jatg said:
Thanks for this write-up Kearly. Excellent, as always. What a game. It was agonizing at points to watch this one. Feels good now, but man that was rough. You're right that this would have been a devastating loss or the best win ever. So glad they pulled it out.

Thanks for all you do to make this message board ...The Best!

"...but man that was rough." I've never been so emotionally spent at the end of a game as this one. The 12th Man gave it everything they had for this game. There was nothing left! We lived history!

Happy

Reaction score
That you Kearly! Perfect way to cap off a historic night.

Thank you again. You're appreciated more than you'll ever know.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3es6m349 said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":3es6m349 said:
Can someone explain to me why the Bowman recovered fumble could not be reviewed? Thanks in advance.
Kearse was called down by contact (incorrectly). Ends the play right there. Heard the rules committee will review that and may change it.

The one and only reason, why it didn't bother me that the Refs decided to give us the ball, even though clearly Bowman took it away, was in the @SF game, Crabtree fumbled and it was negated not reviewable.

As I saw Harbaugh pout dancing on the sideline, my only though was "Karma is a bitch"

Then the very next play the football gods gave it back to the 49ers, (which actually made me happy because we all knew Bowman made a great effort to straight up jack Kearse for a fumble)

The 49ers were lucky too because they would have had that ball at the 1 yard line but got it back, unforced, about 10 yards better. Until Kam Chanchellor took it away.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Galen96":34rhnzka said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":34rhnzka said:

Because it was not ruled a fumble on the field. Since that was the case, possession is non-reviewable. Had it been ruled a fumble, they could look at who recovered it.

The referee whistled forward progress stopped is what I heard. If that's the case, all the wrestling for the ball was a waste of time. Still. Love that Marshawn came up with it :th2thumbs:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
My damn Dish Network konked out during the Wilson to Kearse TD. Missed that whole sequence, crazy to think that it worked.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":3rfujzha said:
Galen96":3rfujzha said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":3rfujzha said:

Because it was not ruled a fumble on the field. Since that was the case, possession is non-reviewable. Had it been ruled a fumble, they could look at who recovered it.

The referee whistled forward progress stopped is what I heard. If that's the case, all the wrestling for the ball was a waste of time. Still. Love that Marshawn came up with it :th2thumbs:

Nope

It is what I said. Which falls under item 6 under non-reviewable play in the document linked below

http://foaofficials.com/images/rulesand ... -Plays.pdf

Axx

Reaction score
In the 2nd half, It appeared that in passing situations Seattle was rushing 3 and had 2-3 to purely spy on Kaepernick, It was a bit of overkill but it worked.
I guess when you have the best secondary in the NFL you can get away with that. fortunate for us, Peyton isn't a dual threat so we dont have to worry about him scrambling for first downs.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":24pdicjf said:
My damn Dish Network konked out during the Wilson to Kearse TD. Missed that whole sequence, crazy to think that it worked.

That is weird. That is the exact same time my Directv HD DVR recvr blew up and will not even turn back on for absolutely no apparent reason. I had to run to the back room to see the replay.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2pk01f62 said:
kearly":2pk01f62 said:
You know how Tate caught that one pass for a HUGE conversion, then ran backwards like 4 yards to give it up for no reason, then flubbed his way ahead four yards again to get the first down again? That play was the Seahawks 2013 season in a nutshell. The Seahawks are winners, but man they find a lot of weird ways to win football games sometimes.

However, it could have been an amazing 2nd effort by Tate, had his teammate (Miller?) not run into him, almost tackling him and was blocking defenders out of the way on the right side because Tate had daylight.

Sweezy IIRC.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
win or lose, these threads always make it better.

Glad it was a win though. Hell of a write-up.

Zorn76

Reaction score
1st off...

SUPER BOWL BOUND.

FREAKING...AWESOME!!!

Ahem, lol.

Now, what struck me, among other things, was how both teams really started to lose composure there for a bit.
RW hands off to Lynch...at shoulder pad level, lol. Was anything but funny at the time, yet seemed poetic given how Bowman really did recover what should've been (and was) a fumble.

That said, CK turns around and throws a INT, negating what just transcribed.

I dunno.

One crazy a** game, to be sure.

Glad we came through:)

Go Seahawks!!!

kf3339

Reaction score
Very good write up Kearly. The only thing I would point out is that it looked like Wilson put the ball in Lynch's upper chest instead of his gut on the fumble at the goal line. If placed properly there would have been no fumble and who knows what happens. He may still have been stuffed and the Niners would have got the ball.

I personally wanted them to take the FG and go up by 6 points, making the Niners have to get a TD to go ahead.

OrFan

Reaction score
kearly":1njovjrk said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1njovjrk said:
kearly":1njovjrk said:

Sweezy IIRC.

Yeah, I said in the game day "thank God for Sweezy." He literally threw him back past the line.

Nice write up, Kearly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":px6jnyuk said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":px6jnyuk said:
They really need to review that, its a stupid rule. We've been burned by that rule in the past. Luckily it had ZERO impact on the game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":17fvx6jf said:
This. Tate has to go and get 3 first downs in one play, I damn near had a heart attack on that play.

This game had zero flow. I don't believe in momentum, and this game is Exhibit A. Seattle could not put 3 good plays together, but the NIners had trouble putting two good plays together.